Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Guys and falling asleep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why is it that guys think that once they've come they can roll over and go to sleep. Or even if they don't do that the favour isn't repayed and they just decide to get on with something else and ignore you?

Comments

• Options
    its a bitch aint it
  • Options
    Well that's the point then that you dig him in the ribs and say

Oi! I want a cuddle! or ask if you can go again?

what would you like him to do after you've 'finished' ? - if you prewarn him, he should be ok with that :)
  • Options
    Hey, we guaruntee one orgasm ... and its our one! :p
  • Options
    Mollow wrote:
    Well that's the point then that you dig him in the ribs and say

Oi! I want a cuddle! or ask if you can go again?

what would you like him to do after you've 'finished' ? - if you prewarn him, he should be ok with that :)

Yeah but if I've given him a bj or hand job it would be nice if he'd repay the favour and pay me some attention rather than me being left with nothing.
  • Options
    We shouldnt have to prewarn him. It should just be assumed that if i take the time and effort to make him come he should do the same for me.
  • Options
    I always fall asleep when I'm really tired during sex...no matter how good it is...lol. When i'm tired nothing can stop me from sleeping.

And it's fun to poke the guy when he's asleep. My ex I used to draw on his back and put make up on him to punish him.
  • Options
    Kazbo wrote:
    Why is it that guys think that once they've come they can roll over and go to sleep. Or even if they don't do that the favour isn't repayed and they just decide to get on with something else and ignore you?

My ex was like that. My current boyfriend isn't like that thank god. We always cuddle and talk afterwards.
  • Options
    It's all chemical. After an orgasm, men and women both release oxytocin but react to it in different ways. Oxytocin is the same hormone released during breastfeeding which causes the infant to sleep as they suckle. Men normally get sleepy at this stage - nothing really changes from infancy! But women tend to feel a little more alert. Don't take it personally.
  • Options
    I fully agree with Kazbo and Zella.

Yes it is much more respectful and thoughtful to return the favour (life is all about a bit of give and take)

However, it seems in this instance your bf may need bringing round to your way of thinking?

Hence the dig in the ribs comment :)

Maybe he's just a little bit inexperienced in what to do after ?
  • Options
    Or maybe I'll just stop pleasuring him till I've had my fun. That'll teach him....except I'm a softy plus my hands get bored and start playing on their own :chin:
  • Options
    I fel asleep during a one day course last week, just couldnt stay awake, managed to doze, resting my chin on my hand, no one noticed I hope.

But back to the topic at hand, I feel alchohol may be a key factor in this men passing out after sex question.
  • Options
    I fel asleep during a one day course last week, just couldnt stay awake, managed to doze, resting my chin on my hand, no one noticed I hope.

But back to the topic at hand, I feel alchohol may be a key factor in this men passing out after sex question.

Maybe lack of alcohol....he is better when he's had a couple to drink.
  • Options
    It's just chemicals. I quite often doze off after sex, Im peaceful and relaxed so I doze off.

But I do cuddle when I'm asleep:)
  • Options
    yeah i agree, a cuddle and a sleep afterwards is good after sex....
  • Options
    After sex I don't mind...am quite happy with cuddling and falling asleep then....it's just when he's come through any other method and I haven't that I object.
  • Options
    Its a chemical reaction in the brain which we really have to fight, guess its just natural for guys. Its amazing how when you have the horn you are totally crazy for it, yet once you cum its like someone has switched something off in your brain and all interest is gone. No matter whats on offer 90% of the time we just want to chill out or sleep once we cum. Let us sleep and wake us in 10 mins if you want a repeat cos that switch comes back on pretty quick!
  • Options
    I always fall asleep when I'm really tired during sex

How rude! That's worse than falling asleep after! If a girl did that to me it would be last time I ever slept with her.
  • Options
    I have also had a girl fall asleep on me a couple of times afterwards.
  • Options
    TheCure wrote:
    Its a chemical reaction in the brain which we really have to fight, guess its just natural for guys. Its amazing how when you have the horn you are totally crazy for it, yet once you cum its like someone has switched something off in your brain and all interest is gone. No matter whats on offer 90% of the time we just want to chill out or sleep once we cum. Let us sleep and wake us in 10 mins if you want a repeat cos that switch comes back on pretty quick!

so true!
  • Options
    Kazbo wrote:
    Yeah but if I've given him a bj or hand job it would be nice if he'd repay the favour and pay me some attention rather than me being left with nothing.

depends who what the person you're with is like. my ex was always very generous and so never had that problem. after sex we'd have a little cuddle up and then depending on what time of day it was..we'd either go to sleep or get on with things.
  • Options
    Well, I read somewhere that Men feel knackered after sex but women tend to want more and its all to do with hormones, not whos worked the hardest.

Cant remember where I read it though.
  • Options
    Afterwards I always feel completely drained and tired, even if I didn't before. Like I've been drugged or something, and I try really hard to stay focussed and awake but it doesn't work (sometimes I can stay awake anyway - it also relates to how intense the session was - if you come really hard then in my experience the come down is huge and like a knockout pill, whereas if it was a quickie then you can get back to business as usual :p). Best to take care of my girlfriend's satisfaction before the conclusion of activities, so to speak :p.

We once fell asleep together afterwards and slept for about an hour (in the middle of the afternoon) hehe. It was ace :). But sometimes when I lose all my energy after my girlfriend gets annoyed because she's still horny and even if I try to pleasure her it just doesn't work :( because I can't focus as such. It makes us guys (at least me) feel bad because I want her to enjoy herself. But anyway :p
  • Options
    yup. chemicals - not their fault, etc..

get yours first :thumb:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

Haha, get your first. Good advice :p
  • Options
    How rude! That's worse than falling asleep after! If a girl did that to me it would be last time I ever slept with her.

I'd just keep going. I mean, my hand is never really awake, why should the girl be?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    junker wrote:
    I'd just keep going. I mean, my hand is never really awake, why should the girl be?
    :lol:
  • Options
    Can I think myself as beeing a lucky lady? Me and my b/f used to be late for classes because he wanted to cuddle in bed... (he lives quite near our highschool)
    And after that he's ready for doing it non stop if we have the time (belive me, we've tried)

The downside is that he almost eats the entire fridge :D
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

Haha tried that last night, then got tempted to play with him and damn him he decides he's enjoying so will stop pleasuring me. Maybe I just need more willpower to leave him alone.
  • Options
    I don't mind my guy falling asleep after sex as long as he cuddles me :) I get very grumpy if I don't get my cuddles after sex. I've fallen asleep after drunken sex quite a few times.

After sex is fine not complaining then. Just complaining when he gets his seeing to and I don't.
  • Options
    Everybody does that at some time. It's just a relaxed blissed out feeling after sex. I don't do it often though.
    You've just got to keep him aroused. Don't let him lie down and doze off.