Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

outta my leuge?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    rss3000 wrote:
    I am a 10 hell yer . And u can't say no cos u don't know me .

p.s
    hahaha nananananana hahahaha and i am a 10
    i agree
  • Options
    tis nice to say thnak u so i will thank u .than was frm me and my ego
  • Options
    Why's everyone taking the piss?

My arguments are based on my experiances (bitter or better) and my observations. I'm not trying to lay the blame on anyone and I'm not making this a personal argument.
    If Carmen Electra walked into my local tonight I'd have a go at chatting her up. Don't get me wrong i'm pretty damn near certain I'd fail and would attempt it knowing that but so what, she says she's not interested I come away with a story to tell about how i was knocked back by Carmen Electra.

I don't think ... woah she's out of my league no point in even trying!

Don't get me wrong, so would I, but that really wouldn't benefit anyone at all. I might as well talk to the floor.
    Junker how can you degrade women so much as to say that they can get anyone because they can be a prostitute.

Alright I can see how that got misinterperated. Let me explain. Let's say society was downgraded to the point of everyone having to scrounge for food, but there was one person left that had tonnes of food and supplies; a man (heterosexual for the sake of the argument).

Now if someone wanted food or supplies, who would be able to get these easier?

A woman of course.

I really didn't mean to offend, or cause myself to be misjudged by that comment. What I'm saying through that is women will always have their bodies, and can therefore, get what they want. Ask a sociologist or Anna Nicole Smith.
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    Alright I can see how that got misinterperated. Let me explain. Let's say society was downgraded to the point of everyone having to scrounge for food, but there was one person left that had tonnes of food and supplies; a man (heterosexual for the sake of the argument).

Now if someone wanted food or supplies, who would be able to get these easier?

A woman of course.
    I doubt that really... Are you saying that women are manipulative or that men think with their penis? Yes, in evolutionary terms the male would attract a mate perhaps partly by proving his hunter gatherer skills, but in say... A pride of lions the males always eat first, then the females.
  • Options
    Wow what a mess you people have got into. Straight away I have to side with Kermit, (because I like his avatar :)). And in my opinion, Junker, you are completely wrong. There is no such thing as an objective league. The idea's pretty funny though, that me being an 8 (at least) I can only go out with 7's or 9's for example, and if I approached a 10 in a bar, I wouldn't stand a chance. It's ridiculous.

I thought you were just on the wrong lines at the beginning, but as soon as you said TV was a good example, I thought you were joking. If you weren't joking, I'm very sorry and I think you need a bit of help upstairs. The reason TV and films have the more objectively good looking people is because they're there for 2 things- as eye candy, and on fewer occasions their ability to act. The fact that they are on TV doesn't mean you would have more or less chance with them unless they're even more shallow than the industry they work in.

Seriously, the world isn't as bad as you seem to think. And if you think that someone is out of your league (subjectively, of course), then all that reflects is your insecurities. And just to cover first impressions- I don't think looks are so important in first impressions either, because after 30 seconds of talking to someone, you can learn a lot about them and any shallow impressions based on looks alone will probably be shattered in that time.
  • Options
    I doubt that really... Are you saying that women are manipulative or that men think with their penis? Yes, in evolutionary terms the male would attract a mate perhaps partly by proving his hunter gatherer skills, but in say... A pride of lions the males always eat first, then the females.

No no, I'm not saying anything degrating. I guess I could explain it better in person, for I had a Sociology class and we were talking about the survival of the fittest at the lowest level.

Basically if a man is poor and living on the street he can't make money as easily as a woman in the same condition. She always has a resource.

Ladon_J, I respect your opinion, as I do the rest of you. I am coming from a point of view from my experience and the people I'm around. That's what I'm basing my conclusion on.

I didn't really know that this 'league' consisted of a number rating system. Perhaps we have different definitions and those are colliding and are spurring the argument. The league I am thinking of is people who have high-maintenance standards, mid-maintenance standards, and low-maintenance standards; like a caste system. I know it's not impossible for them to intermingle, I just believe (through my own experiences and efforts) that it's a fairly rare occurance.
  • Options
    If there is such a thing as leagues, its probably got more to do with class, money and education than looks.
  • Options
    If there is such a thing as leagues, its probably got more to do with class, money and education than looks.

I'd say so.

People are attracted to similar people, that much is true. It's rare you see a council estate girl going out with a royal; it's rare you see a thick person going out with a university-educated barrister or doctor. For instance.

People are attracted to people with similar educational and social statuses as themselves. It's only a "league" if you think that one social status is inherently superior to another.
  • Options
    Ladon J wrote:
    Wow what a mess you people have got into. Straight away I have to side with Kermit.

Damn you kermit! You stole my bloody argument away from me

My anti misogynistic stance has been nicked by someone with what looks like a headline from the Sun as an avatar! :p

What a strange world.

Anyway, Junker, the whole 'man/woman on the street/pauper but the woman has her body as a resource' argument (catchy title eh?) has no bearing on the discussion. It has no relevancy to 'leagues.'

Its just opinion and taste ... that is all that is behind attraction. Some people like the one and some the other. Some people will be attractive to a wider range of people and will find it easier to pull/get a partner than others. At the end of the day you can't tell by looking at someone or judging how attractive you find them to be whether or not they'll find you attractive!
  • Options
    To add my two pence, I remember being told 2 years ago when I started college, falling for this beautiful looking lad, by a female friend "But wouldn't it feel odd that he's in a different league to you - I mean think what it'd be like going out with a bloke whose better looking than you"...and on speaking to him, it brought him straight down to my level tbh, and he was attracted to me so my thoughts of 'oh gosh, whose too attractive to talk to me" were squashed pretty quick!

'Leagues' exist in some ways. I know that my previous ex, I believed to be considerably out of my league, but it was more thinking that my conversation wouldn't be able to hold him or that I wasn't attractive enough, but on actually being with him, I found he'd thought the same as me.

I think I understand where Junker's coming from but it went too basic - I mean to break it down at the end of the day as survival of the fittest and us being able to use prostitution...strays a tad from the level of the topic...!
  • Options
    Looks aren't subjective. That's PC bullshit.

It's been scientifically proven that facial symmetry according to the golden ration is seen as most attractive. Also, a hip to waist ratio (for women) of 0.7.
  • Options
    Go away monocrat.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Go away monocrat.

sounds like something u would say to me arrr