Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

outta my leuge?

Iwas having a chat with a mate of mine and he was talking about this girl he liked. He seems to think that this girl is uber fit and that he wouldnt have a chance in hell to go out with her because she's a 10 and he thinks he's a 6. tho if I had to use such shallow ratings i would rate him as an 8.

He said that 10's usually stick with 10's and the only chance anyone under an 8 haf with a 10 would be if they had money.

This seems like a very shallow way of looking at relationships and it doesnt seem to take into account a persons personality at all.

I thought all this leuge stuff when out of date when i left school. Do people really only look for partners that have a similar rank of beauty as themselves?

I personally think all this luege stuff is a load of rubbish, i would much rather be with a someone who wasnt considered high up in the ranking charts but who had a wonderful personality and a great sence of humor than be with someone who was a 10 but didnt know what it was like to care about people who wernt blessed with super model looks.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In this day and age I think alot of girls go for looks over personality, and when it goes tits up, they bitch about it: "why cant I find a nice bloke whos funny and charming?" The simple answer is they're shallow and arnt willing to give the other bloke a chance.
  • Options
    psychological studies have been done on this. people usually choose partners who rank the same as them in beauty. i don't think most people analyse it like your friend does, it's usually just a subconscious thing.

i've had boys say that i'm way out of their league before, and that i'd never consider them - and well, they were right.
  • Options
    Nope, sadly the whole judging people on how they look still exists (hence I'm single lol) both in finding a suitible mate and in climbing up the career ladder. I don't understand it personally however, in today's world (on the outside) everything seems to be sex and not so much 'love-making', but sex as a commodity.

Even adults judge people on the way that look, however at the same time I've seen some less (text book) attractive people with (text book) goodlooking partners. I think that what's attractive or not in a person that we see is conditioned by society anyway.
  • Options
    I think that since attractiveness is subjective, then its a bit of a non question.
    I would never go out with someone who I found unnatractive, but then again, one mans meat is another mans poison.
  • Options
    I think that since attractiveness is subjective, then its a bit of a non question.
    I would never go out with someone who I found unnatractive, but then again, one mans meat is another mans poison.

Completely true there. I know (thankfully) me and my mates have completely different tastes in guys. What they find good looking I find ugly and vice versa, so how can leagues exist. Yeah true I'd never go out with a guy I didn't find attractive so looks do matter, but only because end of the day if you aren't attracted to someone thats when ya most likely to stray and not be satisfied.
  • Options
    Personality goes a huge way to changing how attractive someone is as well! There are girls i've met that i didn't fancy at first but came to because i thought they were cool as fuck.

Plus charm goes a whole long way as well.

Nah I don't see it ... leagues are for people who need an excuse to fail. Just because someone doesn't fancy you is no reason to blame them and call them shallow. If i liked the same girl as someone else i'd much rather compete with someone better looking than me than someone who was funnier and more charming!
  • Options

yup, also agree with that.

all this stuff about leagues is bollocks though. it's implying that some people are worth more than others, which is kinda ridiculous. there are some people who think they're the mutts nuts, and won't go out with uglies (yup, i have known people like this, bless their hearts) but generally people are attracted to who their attracted to, and don't spend time rating them out of ten to decide if they are worthy.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but it's true. I think it affects guys more than girls, simply because a girl can basically get any guy, unfortunately it doesn't work both ways. And girls know this. That's why some of them have ridiculous standards. It's sad, but that's how it works.

If this weren't true I wouldn't be single.
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    I'm sorry but it's true. I think it affects guys more than girls, simply because a girl can basically get any guy, unfortunately it doesn't work both ways. And girls know this. That's why some of them have ridiculous standards. It's sad, but that's how it works.

If this weren't true I wouldn't be single.

That's total bollocks! Girls can not get any guy and go through just as many insecurities and doubts as fellas do.

You can't blame the fact your single on women. I'm sure your a great lad but given the choice of deciding whether the fault lies with 3 billion or so people or you i'm gonna pick the latter.

As long as your thinking in these terms you'll stay single. Dating/meeting girls/flirting etc is supposed to be fun not a stressful miserable experience that makes you put yourself in a league!
  • Options
    fact is when meeting most girls they dont ask what im into but what i do for a living.... shallow
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    That's total bollocks! Girls can not get any guy and go through just as many insecurities and doubts as fellas do.

You can't blame the fact your single on women. I'm sure your a great lad but given the choice of deciding whether the fault lies with 3 billion or so people or you i'm gonna pick the latter.

As long as your thinking in these terms you'll stay single. Dating/meeting girls/flirting etc is supposed to be fun not a stressful miserable experience that makes you put yourself in a league!

What? I'm not laying the blame of my marital status on anyone, except perhaps, society. The fact is every guy can't date Carmen Electra because they don't have a chance. She's way out of the majority of men's leagues. That's just one example.

I'm thinking logically. "She's way too attractive, she's got a lot of money. Therefore she must be high maintenance. Thus there is no way I am able to date someone like that." Maybe one time out of a million that won't be true, but that's arbitrary. When you know you can't get someone at the top, you have to lower your standards, otherwise you'll just end up trying for failure.

Women will always have their body. If worse comes to worse they can sell themselves for sex. Doesn't really matter what they look like. That's why they can basically get any guy they want.
  • Options
    ... one mans meat is another mans poison.

Given the context, this could have a number of interpretations...
  • Options
    What complete and utter bollocks! Stop trying to blame the fact you are single on other people. There are plenty of girls out there that are single too. There are reasons why you are single. Maybe you have not found the right girl yet but in experience, you can't go out there looking for a relationship. Relationships come unexpected, well, at least they have in my lifetime.

I'm not laying the blame on anyone. I am saying that if people didn't have standards it would be easier to get into relationships.
    Where the fuck did you get the idea that girls can pull they want? I know plenty of girls who haven't been able to pull despite trying to pull guys.

Prostitution.

Most girls do not have what you call as "ridiculous standards" and neither do guys. However, there is both guys and girls out there that DO have high standards and thats why the vast majority of them end up lonely and with a bad reputation.

Maybe not where you live, but here I've been told I "don't have a chance" a myriad of times.
    This "out of your league" thing going on here is fuckin ridiculous. Each and every individual out there is equal regardless of their looks, personality, job, background, etc.

Perhaps by human standards, yes. However we are not all equal in society's eyes.
    I personally wouldn't judge a guy on his looks and although this may sound strange to some, I wouldn't class any guy as "out of my league" and I believe that no other guy or girl should do so either. Nobody is in some way "better" than another person. Everyone is equal. Theres no reason why a lad with a poor sense of fashion and not the greatest of looks shouldn't go out with a typical barbie girl.

But there is a reason a pauper couldn't go out with a princess; it's reality. People are better than others in terms of society. In terms of people in general. That's why there is a caste system. People have standards and expectations. If someone cannot fulfill those expectaions, they lose.
    In terms of relationships, looks mean very little to me. Of course I need to be attracted to the guy I'm with but when in relationships, I do not judge the guy on his looks. I much rather have a guy who has a lovely personality and a great sense of humour. I would much rather have a guy that is intelligent and is caring. I would rather have a guy that I enjoyed spending time with and could talk to rather than going out with a player who loves himself. Infact, the guys that most girls drool over, I hate.

That's nice. You are at least out of the norm. However, in the big picture, looks are regarded with fairly high esteem. Watch TV for a while for a nice example.
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    What? I'm not laying the blame of my marital status on anyone, except perhaps, society. The fact is every guy can't date Carmen Electra because they don't have a chance. She's way out of the majority of men's leagues. That's just one example.

I'm thinking logically. "She's way too attractive, she's got a lot of money. Therefore she must be high maintenance. Thus there is no way I am able to date someone like that." Maybe one time out of a million that won't be true, but that's arbitrary. When you know you can't get someone at the top, you have to lower your standards, otherwise you'll just end up trying for failure.

If Carmen Electra walked into my local tonight I'd have a go at chatting her up. Don't get me wrong i'm pretty damn near certain I'd fail and would attempt it knowing that but so what, she says she's not interested I come away with a story to tell about how i was knocked back by Carmen Electra.

I don't think ... woah she's out of my league no point in even trying!
    junker wrote:
    Women will always have their body. If worse comes to worse they can sell themselves for sex. Doesn't really matter what they look like. That's why they can basically get any guy they want.

You have a very strange view of women mate!

To be honest it seems like you're the one whose judging on looks ... you see a girl who you consider more attractive than yourself and assume she's shallow and wouldn't be interested?

While there are some girls that are like that out there they are in a vast minority. 9 times out of 10 when i've been rejected when chatting up a girl (which happens a lot :p ) its not done in a mean way ... you go up, say hello, talk for a while, realise she's not interested and go on your way.

And in fairness I've rejected girls before and again its not like i'd look them up and down and go 'well below my league luv, fuck off!' It just happens ... no one is sexually attractive to everyone.
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    That's nice. You are at least out of the norm. However, in the big picture, looks are regarded with fairly high esteem. Watch TV for a while for a nice example.

Of course they are but its not the be all and end all. I think Angelina Jolie is the sexiest woman alive but I'm not gonna reject any girl that doesn't match her looks.

And girls are the same way ... just because they fancy Johnny Depp (which is fair enough because he's cool as fuck!) does not mean they wont look twice at anyone who doesn't match up to him.

These are your hang ups mate not society's
  • Options
    junker wrote:

Not really true. I've turned down girls before after they've thrown themselves at me. A very good looking girl can generally get any single guy they like though, that is generally true. Looks are the deciding factor.
  • Options
    Junker, I hate to say this, but you are very, very wrong. Your arguments make little sense and i'm sure you can tell you're not doing very well with the number of people arguing against you.
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    I am saying that if people didn't have standards it would be easier to get into relationships.

*sigh*

Of course people have "standards", I wouldn't go out with someone I didn't find sexually attractive, and nor would anyone else.

But here's a newsflash for you- looks aren't objective. The girls I like aren't the same girls than Bob likes. The men my wife likes aren't the same that Sandra likes. You've mentioned Carmen Electra as a bastion of beauty, but I think she is actually quite ordinary. I think Anna Friel and Carrie Fisher are/were hot, but I doubt many will agree.

There is no such thing as a "league". You only don't pull because you are too chickenshit to, its not because you are "ugly" or "out of their league". You only pull gorgeous girls if you have the dare to try- some won't like you, and some will think you are as fit as. If you don't try you'll never succeed.

Looks are important, but what people find attractive are entirely different. My wife likes rugby players and men with big shoulders, so I am the d's b's to her. Her best mate likes lanky guys, so she wouldn't touch me with yours. That's life.

All this bleating about "leagues" is just an attempt to justify your cowardice to yourself.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    *sigh*

Of course people have "standards", I wouldn't go out with someone I didn't find sexually attractive, and nor would anyone else.

But here's a newsflash for you- looks aren't objective. The girls I like aren't the same girls than Bob likes. The men my wife likes aren't the same that Sandra likes. You've mentioned Carmen Electra as a bastion of beauty, but I think she is actually quite ordinary. I think Anna Friel and Carrie Fisher are/were hot, but I doubt many will agree.

There is no such thing as a "league". You only don't pull because you are too chickenshit to, its not because you are "ugly" or "out of their league". You only pull gorgeous girls if you have the dare to try- some won't like you, and some will think you are as fit as. If you don't try you'll never succeed.

Looks are important, but what people find attractive are entirely different. My wife likes rugby players and men with big shoulders, so I am the d's b's to her. Her best mate likes lanky guys, so she wouldn't touch me with yours. That's life.

All this bleating about "leagues" is just an attempt to justify your cowardice to yourself.

... Maybe all this just is not the solution. I agree with Junker fully. Girls can in other words get any guy they want and the other way around just is not true. By personal experience I state this, not by reading a book about it :lol: no, just kidding
  • Options
    Apparently I've been misinterperated. My arguments are based upon a broader picture. You take a look at society, a look at television, a look at film; otherwise the mainstream. It depicts our 'leagues' and our status. It shows us who's "hot or not", and people, in turn, follow the mainstream (hence its name). That's where some people come up with their standards.

I am not taking the bulk of this argument to a specific level, I am just using my observations from what is around me to come up with the conclusion. Each situation could be different but it's not enough to change the norm.

Looks are objective in the big picture. Magazines, television, film. They show us who we should like and what we should look like. Personally, of course, each to his own.

I don't really think that getting into the "trying" aspect of this argument would really help. Although I can say I have tried outrageously hard with around ten ladies last year to no avail.

Leagues just show us who we are realistically able to nab and who we should stay away from and save ourselves some time.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    A very good looking girl can generally get any single guy they like though, that is generally true. Looks are the deciding factor.

...for one night, certainly but even a gorwegous girl can be mean, selfish, rude, boring, unfunny, and a relationship needs more then just looks.
  • Options
    can anyone tell me if im just been silly (or not) when i say i find girls more attractive if they are just normal down to earth people, perhaps a little odd

and of course not the society labelled "sexy model type"
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    Apparently I've been misinterperated ...

Your arguments are based on a simplistic view and bitter experiences.

Can I ask how old you are? I'll guess something like 17 - 19?

Everyone has different tastes so leagues are impossible ... there are girls who I might consider far better looking and 'out of my league' that some of my mates just don't fancy.

When you talk about media and mainstream and realistic chances your just not giving people credit. Fucking hell Angelina Jolie married Billy Bob Thornton.

I know how your argument will go ... something along the lines of 'money can make up for bad looks' or whatever but I'll reiterate my point that if you judge from looking at someone that they'll only be interested in someone who is good looking/rich then its you are shallow and judgemental not them.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    can anyone tell me if im just been silly (or not) when i say i find girls more attractive if they are just normal down to earth people, perhaps a little odd

and of course not the society labelled "sexy model type"

Yes. Very sily. Your going against the mainstream which is impossible. Apparantly :p
  • Options
    My fella says that I'm out of his league, but I don't understand it. He says everytime he looks at me he thinks wow how did I end up with her and whats she doing with me. Personally I don't understand why. Surely the fact that I fancy him and want to be with him is proof enough that I aint out of his league etc.

Junker how can you degrade women so much as to say that they can get anyone because they can be a prostitute. Ok fine yeah there are always guys out there that want sex but thats all it is and most women will not go to those lengths, and those that do tend to be out of need for the money rather than love of the job. I thought we were talking about relationships not sex anyways???

Women strugle to get relationships just as much as men do...or at least relationships with people they want to be with. It's the age old saying that you always want what you can't have. We all have our dream partner and if we won't settle for someone who has the odd imperfection then yes we're going to be screwed having relationships.

If you say women can get any bloke they like you are also putting men down greatly. Are you saying that any bloke will go out with a girl just because they ask? I think not. I've been turned down in the past just as much as any guy I know, it's all just part of the dating game.
  • Options
    Junker has a very poor attitude towards women, because they won't sleep with him.

Heaven forbid that it might be his desperation and misogyny that puts girls off, and not his looks and their "obsession with money".

I suppose it must be easier to let yourself be put off because of "leagues" than it is to actually put your neck on the line sometimes.
  • Options
    I personally think first impressions are solely down to looks and looks only. I have being in relationships and slept with some really sexy girls and also some that aren't your typical barbie girl and I am far from being an oil painting. All these girls that have "fancied" me have being girls that I know and I reckon they have definately fancied me because of my personality and not my looks. I can't go out and pull random girls who don't know me and I believe this is because I don't have the best looks in the world. So I think "leagues" do apply to a certain extent.
  • Options
    Maybe 'leagues' are just how people percieve themselves compared to other people... They sort of have this mental heirarchy that exists to justify to themselves their lack of confidence (everybody's a bit inconfident about something). Perhaps even the idea is evolutionary, going back to pack status and the idea of an alpha male and alpha female?
  • Options
    Maybe 'leagues' are just how people percieve themselves compared to other people... They sort of have this mental heirarchy that exists to justify to themselves their lack of confidence

Definitely.

Leagues don't exist, because everyone thinks different things are the epitome of sexy. Just because the girl is slim, blonde, tall and stunning doesn't mean she doesn't like big men, for instance.

Of course everyone judges on looks, but the point is who I think scores 10/10 will probably only rate a 4 with some people; and some people who are rated 10 by others will only be rated 4 with me. That's life.
  • Options
    I am a 10 hell yer . And u can't say no cos u don't know me .

p.s
    hahaha nananananana hahahaha and i am a 10