Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

if god exists

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
and can do anything and is everywhere at the sametime, surely it can make a lump of rock so big not even god can move.....

nice paradox i realised :chin:

any others? about anything anywhere

Comments

• Options
    bored by any chance wmp?.......surely there must be more interesting things in life to ponder, like why did god give you such an able brain when all you can do with it is pontificate on the most obfuscating hypotheses?.......hmmm?......in response to your original question, if god is clever enough to invent physics, is he not also clever enough to avoid being bound by their laws.......? like passing through solid matter, say for instance, rocks.....?

ETA: i am also very bored, need to go home......
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    If God is all loving and all forgiving, how can anyone ever go to hell?
  • Options
    Because God is also just, and forgiving through the redemption of Jesus Christ
  • Options
    God is dead.
  • Options
    why does there even need to be a god?
  • Options
    God either is or is not.

God has never been argued to be in existance because of social construct.

It is fair to say that humans intrinsically believe something they can't prove.
  • Options
    at the end of the day, man created religion not 'god'
  • Options
    Well we're just really complex machines.. created by a superior being... aka "god" but then u get into that what made god, and what made god, and my mind just cant comprehend something coming from nothing, it gives me a headache really.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Well we're just really complex machines.. created by a superior being... aka "god" but then u get into that what made god, and what made god, and my mind just cant comprehend something coming from nothing, it gives me a headache really.

What made God? Humans. In our heads.
  • Options
    well that depends what your definition of god is.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    what made god, my mind just cant comprehend something coming from nothing, it gives me a headache really.
    according to the bible ...god has no begining.
    more and more scientists are getting your headache trying to work out how a universe and life could come from nothing so ...are now pondering that the universe may have existed forever ...a series of big bangs that happen regularly ...like breathing.
  • Options
    Yeah, i know, but nothing can come from nothing, it just cant work, but yet it has. what the hells going on!
  • Options
    infinities are a neat way for theoretical physicists to get out of there ever having to be a begining. Why does there have to be one? surely the whole construct could be a series of infinitely repeating events? :)
  • Options
    But how did it start!!!!!! it must have all come from something.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    But how did it start!!!!!! it must have all come from something.
    the something it came from must have come from something too.
  • Options
    exactly, but it all started somewhere, the big chain of somethings, at one point, something did come from nothing.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    exactly, but it all started somewhere, the big chain of somethings, at one point, something did come from nothing.
    impossible.
  • Options
    Yeah, it is, but yet here we are...
  • Options
    an ounce of ash from a fire ...bneeds an incredible ammount of energy to exist ...a sun needs a wee bit more ...there are billions of suns!

all that cannot have come from nothing.

what happens if the energy stops?
  • Options
    Yeah but it did. We cant get our heads around it, cause it is impossible, but obviosuly something exists, cause im sitting here, typing this, but how did it all come from nothing.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    how did it all come from nothing.
    it can't have come from nothing.
  • Options
    according to the bible ...god has no begining.
    more and more scientists are getting your headache trying to work out how a universe and life could come from nothing so ...are now pondering that the universe may have existed forever ...a series of big bangs that happen regularly ...like breathing.

noone knows what happened before the begining of the universe, for all we know some aliens might have created some form of bubble universe, or it might be a continual big/big crunch scenario or we could live in a quantum multiverse :s

who knows, lets just make the best of it eh :D
  • Options
    These are all mildly interesting things to ponder. Personally, I´m still stuck on "who would win in a fight between Trevor McDonald, Ronald McDonald and Old McDonald". Now there´s something that´ll send you crazy.
  • Options
    trevor would be too busy making a documentary on the run up to the fight, to properly train
  • Options
    Or maybe the whole "something had to come from nothing" idea is completely wrong, and as a matter of fact we are so fixed in our perception of reality that we can't figure out what really happened.

ah nuts, I might have just started the nihilist revolution.
  • Options
    impossible.

Not according to quantum physics.
  • Options
    Actually, quantum physics still can't prove something from nothing. And honestly, I don't think you've really got the concept down, this isn't highly compacted matter, this is nothing, nothing at all, there is nothing there, nothing even to measure nothing with that there is no way according to physics quantum or otherwise that nothing becoming something can be understood.
  • Options
    Yeah it can - Heisenberg's uncertainly principle leading to minute quantum fluctuations and then massive inflation.
  • Options
    Quantum fluctuations in what?
  • Options
    I'm not a physicist so I don't know, but read some Stephen Hawking or something.