Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

splitting up with husband

after 9 years.
shit innit.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bah, well at least you get more room in bed!

No but on a serious note, it sucks.
  • Options
    jebus mate. i'm sorry. <3
  • Options
    after 9 years.
    shit innit.
    omg. what happened? i'm sorry to hear that, but are you okay?!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    sorry to hear that :( Stay strong etc...
  • Options
    Oh mate, that's crap.
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    Fuck.

I'm so sorry, toots. I hope it sorts itself if the time apart works or not.

<33
  • Options
    Oh bugger :(

I hope whatever arrangement you come to works out :)
  • Options
    You will get through it but for what its worth im sorry.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that *hugs*
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that, hope things work out for the best for you and your wee boy.
  • Options
    after 9 years.
    shit innit.

aww i'm sorry to hear that ;[

*hugs*
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Sorry to hear that RB.

Look after yourself <3
  • Options
    Sorry to hear.
    Hope everything will work out for you :)
  • Options
    Hope you're not feeling too bad. *hugs* I'm sure things will sort out for the better some how or other.
  • Options
    hope everything works out for the best and sorry to hear about it
  • Options
    thanks for the support.
    its not an argument or any unfaithfulness or anything. Hes been depressed for a while now and hes just not sure how he feels. Weve talked a lot tonight trying to work out what were going to do wrt childcare, the house, being friends etc and were not making any rash decisions but I know that once those feelings go, theyre gone.
    We cant split properly yet. Were going to try and get the house done up over the next few months and then sell it. I should be able to get housed, hopefully in the same area, and hopefully he`ll live nearby so Lenny has as little disruption as possible. We still want to be friends and are going to try and do this with no fighting.
  • Options
    Wow Abbie I'm really shocked to hear that. :(

It seems like you've talked it all through and I hope things work out for you and Lenny and that you and Mr Brite can remain friends.

Stay strong. xx
  • Options
    sorry it hear that.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that. :(
  • Options
    thanks for the support.
    its not an argument or any unfaithfulness or anything. Hes been depressed for a while now and hes just not sure how he feels. Weve talked a lot tonight trying to work out what were going to do wrt childcare, the house, being friends etc and were not making any rash decisions but I know that once those feelings go, theyre gone.
    We cant split properly yet. Were going to try and get the house done up over the next few months and then sell it. I should be able to get housed, hopefully in the same area, and hopefully he`ll live nearby so Lenny has as little disruption as possible. We still want to be friends and are going to try and do this with no fighting.
    best way is probably just to talk it through together.
    i hope things go okay for you.
    *hugs*
  • Options
    Aw thats so shit, :(
    from the way you talked about your family and stuff you always seemed so happy. I hope your ok, try and stay strong although i can't imagine what your going through we are all here if you ever need to rant/talk and what not. :)
  • Options
    were still talking lots, although hes gone to work now. He keeps saying how sorry he is and tht he never wanted to hurt me and how ive been a great wife and a brilliant mother. we both keep crying and comforting each other. I just hope to God we stay great friends. We will stay in contact whatever because of Lenny but I just hope its more than that. I cant imagine not caring about him. Weve been through so much together. :crying:
  • Options
    Oh wow RB, I'm sorry to hear that, really I am.

It all feels very unreal now but you will get through this andd be happy, I promise you.

The only thing that concerns me a little is that you're saying you're going to sell the house and that you should get housed. Check this out properly please! You must make sure that by selling your house the council or housing associations won't consider you to have made yourself intentionally homeless. They might possibly expect you to stay in the house until Lenny is 16 and then sell it, which is what would most likely happen in any divorce settlement.

I'm not sure about this and it might vary from place to place, but you must find out, because if they deem you to have made yourself intentionally homeless they don't have to do a thing to help you. Also please bear in mind that you might get put into some kind of temporary accomodation before you get housed and that can mean anything from a hostel to a temporary house/flat. Just make sure you check it all out.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that. But it does sound like whatever happens you'll always be a big part of each others lives:)
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Oh wow RB, I'm sorry to hear that, really I am.

It all feels very unreal now but you will get through this andd be happy, I promise you.

The only thing that concerns me a little is that you're saying you're going to sell the house and that you should get housed. Check this out properly please! You must make sure that by selling your house the council or housing associations won't consider you to have made yourself intentionally homeless. They might possibly expect you to stay in the house until Lenny is 16 and then sell it, which is what would most likely happen in any divorce settlement.

I'm not sure about this and it might vary from place to place, but you must find out, because if they deem you to have made yourself intentionally homeless they don't have to do a thing to help you. Also please bear in mind that you might get put into some kind of temporary accomodation before you get housed and that can mean anything from a hostel to a temporary house/flat. Just make sure you check it all out.

My friend sold their house when they split up and she got a housing association place. i will check it out though. We will need to somehow pay off our debts though.
    I dont feel very happy. I keep crying. Im crying now.
  • Options
    you seem to be handling this very well, it must be hard..for the both of you. all the best xx
  • Options
    I'm really sorry to hear that :(
  • Options
    I dont feel very happy. I keep crying. Im crying now.

No, of COURSE you don't feel happy, why would you? You probably feel like the bottom just dropped out of your world. You probably feel like this can't be happening and in a minute you'll wake up.

But you will be, one day not TOO long from now. It's just way to early for you to even think about that yet, never mind believe it. People told me that too and I didn't believe them for a second.

At the moment you just have to take one day at a time. It's the only way to do it.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    That's a bit of a shitter, I 'm sorry to hear that. :(
    Weekender Offender