Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Swallowing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My b/f and I have been having sex for some time. When we have oral I have him pull it out before he cums. I am not sure I will like the taste of it. But he tells me that I all of his friends' girlfiends swllow it and that I am in the vast minority. I want him to be happy and will try stuff, but I thought that what I was doing was normal. He wants me to be happy and says that he will respect my decision.

May I ask what your experiences are? Is there anyone else here like me who doesn't swallow it, or should I be more open?

Comments

• Options
    You don't have to if you don't want to.

I only ever did it once with my ex. I really did not like the taste. And he was fine with not doing it again. It was never really a problem.

I have to say though, I think its more of a 50/50 thing if anything. Some people do, some people don't, some do it sometimes.
  • Options
    elsa wrote:
    he tells me that I all of his friends' girlfiends swllow it and that I am in the vast minority

that my dear, should say to you, that he is an idiot.
  • Options
    Just because "everyone else is doing it" (which is rarely the case), doesn't mean you have to do something.

If you fancy trying it, go ahead. But certainly don't feel pressurised into doing something you don't really want to do.
  • Options
    why do you have to gulp the whole load down , just try a little sample on your fingers 1st before you eat the whole meal :p
  • Options
    elsa wrote:
    But he tells me that I all of his friends' girlfiends swllow it and that I am in the vast minority.

He lies.
  • Options
    Cum isn't like orange juice or fucking pepsi - in most cases it's disguisting. as someone suggested, try some on your fingers and if he complains then let him such his finger n see what it tastes like. "vast minority" my arse. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    elsa wrote:
    But he tells me that I all of his friends' girlfiends swllow it and that I am in the vast minority.

To be honest, his friends probably do tell him that their girlfriends do, even if they don't. And he probably tells his friends that you do. It's just a line to try and persuade you that you should be swallowing, which isn't fair. Only do what you're happy and comfortable with, not what everyone else seems to be doing. Most of the time they aren't. I certainly don't swallow, hate the taste myself.
  • Options
    Tell him he's lucky you're doing it at all.
  • Options

I'd tell him all of your friends' partners are decent enough chaps not to try and force the issue, and they are supportive, wonderful people. And that he is in the vast minority.
  • Options
    Oh how he lies.
    Like a cheap rug.
    He should be thankful that your going down on him.Letting him cum in your mouth is like the jackpot.Nice but definatly not the end of the world if it doesnt happen.I know of very few woman who do actually swallow.
    You are not in the minority.
    Id get him told personally.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with not swallowing :) it's just psychological for the guy I think.
  • Options
    I dont expect it any more (on the rare occasions I get a blow jobthat is)
    One girl I was with was going to do it (one of those who liked sucking cock)
    before I said youve got to swallow this time she agreed but when it came to it she couldnt and spat it into a cigarette package, and she said its disgusting tasted of larger kebabs and fags!
    I sympthasised with this and dont expent it now, maybe Ill drink pinaple juice if I do might make it taste batter.
  • Options
    don't eat bananas! they increase sperm count!!!
  • Options
    i have swallowed in the past - it didn't bother me in those instances, but each guy tastes different and its a personal choice. nothing wrong with chosing not to at all. if he respect your decision thats fine, if he doesn't, he doesn't deserve a BJ in the first place. i'm in favour of making him try his own too.
  • Options
    i have swallowed in the past - it didn't bother me in those instances, but each guy tastes different and its a personal choice. nothing wrong with chosing not to at all. if he respect your decision thats fine, if he doesn't, he doesn't deserve a BJ in the first place. i'm in favour of making him try his own too.

yeah, thats a good idea. If he wants her/him to swollow, should sample it first. Then he can say that she doesn'y have to swollow. Personally I don't, only have in some cases with my boyfiriend by accident. I don't wana feel yuky for the following few hours, id rather just get rid of it.
  • Options
    elsa wrote:
    My b/f and I have been having sex for some time. When we have oral I have him pull it out before he cums. I am not sure I will like the taste of it. But he tells me that I all of his friends' girlfiends swllow it and that I am in the vast minority. I want him to be happy and will try stuff, but I thought that what I was doing was normal. He wants me to be happy and says that he will respect my decision.

May I ask what your experiences are? Is there anyone else here like me who doesn't swallow it, or should I be more open?

Like everyone else has said; he should be grateful you're willing to do it at all, as many girls are pretty adverse to oral anyhow.

Personally though, I don't see it as a huge deal, and would usually just swallow out of laziness :p If you feel comfortable then give it a try, but there is no[ obligation for you to do it if you feel uncomfortable or just plain don't want to! When it comes to spit or swallow there's no right or wrong, just your own personal choice. So don't let him guilt-trip you into swallowing, it's your decision.
  • Options
    If you don't like it then don't do it. Never let him make you do something you aren't comfortable with.
    I don't swallow, infact I don't give a blowjob unless my fella has a flavoured condom on. I don't like the thought of having it in my mouth without something on.
  • Options
    and when he says all my friends partners do, thats probably bull! My ex tried to say that about sex, well he said ' I bet all your friends are having sex'
    No they werent, and so what if they are? I don't give into peer pressure, I have my own mind thank you very much. He was a total knob!
  • Options
    I like the taste and texture, but some men's is better than others
  • Options
    I like the taste and texture, but some men's is better than others

:no: :yuck: sorry, i just dont like swallowing, i find the taste disgusting and it makes me heave, although for some reason i continue to do it, i guess because it makes my boyfriend happy and he's grateful for it. So my advice is, if you don't want to do it, then don't, he should be happy that he's even getting any.
  • Options
    Oh how he lies.
    Like a cheap rug.
    He should be thankful that your going down on him.Letting him cum in your mouth is like the jackpot.Nice but definatly not the end of the world if it doesnt happen.I know of very few woman who do actually swallow.
    You are not in the minority.
    Id get him told personally.

I know few women who don't, except prudes. Doesn't prove anything.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I know few women who don't, except prudes. Doesn't prove anything.
    Your saying all woman who dont swallow are prudes?!?
    Eh no.
  • Options
    Eh no.

He kinda of said that but not quite. He said he knew some women who didn't swallow that were not prudes.
  • Options
    I am seeing suggestions in both directions. I will try it once and see how I like it.
  • Options
    elsa wrote:
    I am seeing suggestions in both directions. I will try it once and see how I like it.

Well get him to drink or eat citrus food stuff, like orange juice, lemon and lime.
    It makes it taste better. If you don't like it, then don't swallow his stuff again.
  • Options
    Eh no.

No he didn't at all. Just the people who he knows who don't swallow are prudes. Doesn't make all people who don't swallow prudes does it?

Just out of curiosity would it be ok for a guy to spit when going down on a girl? Would any girls feel offended by their bf spitting every few seconds?
  • Options
    He's lying about all his friends girlfriends swallowing.
    You don't have to swallow if you don't want to, or even have him cum in your mouth if you don't want to.
    You haven't given it a go (from what you've said), so give it a try - it might not be as bad as you think.

Many girls do take it in their mouths, and quite a few swallow, and quite a few like it. From a blokes perspective it's nicer feeling to orgasm while in a girls mouth (surrounded by that warm wetness and sensation), rather than have her pop it out.

At least give it a go, but let him know that if you don't like it, you won't carry on doing it.
  • Options
    if he tries to make you, swallow, then throw up on his crotch.

he won't make you do it again :thumb:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    if he tries to make you, swallow, then throw up on his crotch.
    :lol:
    tbh it does taste :yuck: imo.
  • Options
    Has anyone really thrown up from it?