Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

your teams start to the season (obviously not you premiership people)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Out of the SPL i'm a Rangers man myself ( though i doubt you could really call me a supporter ) but in all honesty i'm glad that finally someone other than Celtic / Rangers are up at the top and the season being the same old way boring way. I mean i actually feel like this season will be a good one rather than boring, solely because hearts feel like a new force to be reckoned with now. If i'm entirely honest i'd quite like to see Hearts actually win the league this season and right now, like you say R & S, the way they are playing they are going to be a really competitive side this season.

Good luck to them.

Personally i'm disappointed with Rangers, but i have always had a reservation about the Gers, they can be an indifferent side, beating Porto 3-2, just, but getting beat from Hibs for example, no disrespect to Hibs but Rangers should not be doing anything other than winning! :grump:
  • Options
    Burnley 3 - 0 Ipswich

get in! totally deserved, and totally needed!!!!

woooooooooooo
  • Options
    Hearts beat Rangers 1-0 on saturday. That got rid of some of the doubters who thought as soon as we met Rangers or Celtic we'd get whipped.

What an amazing start to the season though, 8 league wins out of 8. If Skacel keeps up his scoring record and our back 4 keep defending as strongly as they have done, we could be real competitors for the Title this season.

Would be nice for someone else apart from Rangers/Celtic to win the Title this season...

Man City started quite well and we've lost our last two Premiership games. Plymouth are doing terrible. :(
  • Options
    'mon the Jambos.

Hearts beating Rangers was fantastic. I wasn't at the match but my sister lives near the stadium and I was round at hers at the time. The rip out of Tynecastle was amazing, best roars I've heard out of there before, including some Edinburgh derbies.

May the third force be with you.
  • Options
    No wins in 8 for Derby. Will do enough to stay up, play-offs is the best we can hope for. Mid table here we come...
  • Options
    Cardiff are now unbeaten in 8 games after a 3-0 win away at Stoke. :thumb:
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Cardiff are now unbeaten in 8 games after a 3-0 win away at Stoke. :thumb:

Fcuk Cardiff! ;) I bet the fans were bordering on a riot.
  • Options
    Wolves 0 - 1 Burnley

COME ON!!! im loving it at the moment, finally showing our potential!!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    7 draws in a row. :mad:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    0-0 draw to leeds. what a boring match. we were missing all are best strikers. Henderson, King, Ferdinand, and Benjamin

Also Clarke Carlisle wasnt allowd to play as leeds set clause up as part of the contract deal, they obviously knew he would have popped up and scored a header.
  • Options
    Luton Town are bastards.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Luton Town are bastards.

i concur
  • Options
    Richeh wrote:

Personally i'm disappointed with Rangers, but i have always had a reservation about the Gers, they can be an indifferent side, beating Porto 3-2, just, but getting beat from Hibs for example, no disrespect to Hibs but Rangers should not be doing anything other than winning! :grump:

The reason is Alex McLeish. A lot of people have never been convinced he's the man to take the club forward, this season seems to vindicate the doubts. His tactics and team selection have been highly absurd.

George Burley on the other hand is probably the best manager/coach in Scotland right now.
  • Options
    thank god that bloody international crap is over for a while, roll on saturday.

Burnley Vs Leeds (12:30 KO) for me!! cant wait, got a feeling we are gonna win again. Robbie Blake and Ian Moore are surely gonna get some stick, should be a good atmosphere with a crowd about 17,000 will be one of our biggest this season.
  • Options
    An ex-manager of ours is visiting us for his first visit to Home pakr since March 2004, would be nice to win this game...
  • Options
    Brighton & Hove Albion 1
    Cardiff City 2

Yay.

(You suck Gavman)
  • Options
    goddam we lost 2-1
  • Options
    Beat West Ham 2-0 & are now fourth! :)
    Drew with Seffield Wednesday and are now 19th...
  • Options
    1-0 win away at leicester last night!! ade! ade! ade!
  • Options
    Beat Crewe 6-1 with each goal from a different player.

Looks like we could be playoff contenders.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:

Looks like we could be playoff contenders.

Along with the other 12-15 teams in the division that have good runs.

Ipswich 0 -1 Watford this week :D Ashley Young for England :wave:
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    goddam we lost 2-1
    :lol:
    Leeds looking half decent at the moment, some good results. Always seem to do well against the so called "better" sides but then slip up to the likes off sheff weds and rotherham (last year). Blackwells done a good job so far and I'm definately expecting a play-off place but I think if we push on we have a chance of automatic promotion. I think Sheff Utd will win the league so it would be good if Leeds could sneak into 2nd and get 2 Yorkshire teams in the prem.
  • Options
    I am very happy!

watford 3 - 1 wolves

we were the only team in the top 8 to win today. and luton were the only team in the top at to loose! yesss

Bring on Q.P.HAHAHA cant wait to see the watford second X1 loose again at Vicarage road.
  • Options
    Cardiff killed Sheffield Utds, home win streak with a 0-0 draw....which is nice. This time last year the bluebirds would have been thrased.
  • Options
    Southampton 2 - 0 Stoke
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Southampton 2 - 0 Stoke

Come on the Saints!
  • Options
    Come on the Saints!

On a downer the Skates also won 4-1. Cunts.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    An own-goal by Cardiff goalkeeper Neil Alexander gifted Norwich the win.

With a quarter of an hour to go Jim Brennan's cross struck Alexander on the head and bounced into the net as he lay on the ground.

:|
  • Options
    we beat luton away 3-2 today, without a goal keeper for 45mins. impressed. akinbiyi hat trick as well!!!
  • Options
    Even though i cant stand akinbiyi, im delighted for him scoring a hatrick against the scum.
    Koe whats happenning with Burnley, there cruising up the league, now joint 6th! who would have though it after all the problems at the beginning of the season!

Watford got a lucky win away to hull today, poor performance but 3 points, im happy enough. The 3-1 bouldozing of rivals QPR stills stays fresh in my mind :-)