Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

your teams start to the season (obviously not you premiership people)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
well hows your team started this season. not a good one for us..played 2 lost 2.

Crewe 2 - 1 Burnley
Burnley 1 - 2 Sheffield Utd

i know we have the potential to do better, and were very unlucky in both games. Last night Sheffield looked like an average side and dont expect them to do any better than they always do, there or thereabouts.

on the plus side, we still dont have a fully fit squad (if you can call it that) with the smallest in the league. Also both our monster strikers Akinbiyi and Noel-Williams have got a goal each.

fingers crossed for better things to come.

we also have a couple of players about to sign. Artim Sikiri, ex-WBA scored that goal against England for Macedonia. and also Luton Shelton, could be the next big thing, Jamaican international...on trial at moment pending a injury.

well there ya go, rant over
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    One 2-0 away win at Hartlepoo, one 2-0 home loss to Sarfend.

Typical City.
  • Options
    Won 2-1 against Millwall, Lost 2-1 against Cardiff

Looked promising against Millwall, seem to keep the ball pretty well and apart from Gary Kelly not many bungs up field to be seen. According to reports the Cardiff game should have being won but its the same old Leeds, get a goal up and then let the other team play football and sit back and let them come onto you. Nearly fucked us up against Millwall and did fuck us up against Cardiff. Too many points dropped last year after getting a goal in front. If they can sort that out then I think it will be a promising season.
  • Options
    yeah you are on for a good season i think, now that you have the master that is Robbie Blake.
  • Options
    Ipswich 1 - 0 Cardiff 0
    Cardiff 2 - 1 Leeds

Better than I expected, seeing as I thought we would lose to both these sides. Though against Leeds I guess we were lucky with that penalty. Considering the amount of changes their have been in the side I think the Cardiff boys are doing alright. Things look promising.
  • Options
    One draw to Barnet 1-1

One loss to Grimsby 2-1

Same old same old...
  • Options
    Well we got thrashed by Watford 3-1 at home today which wasn't very good.
  • Options
    Two 2-0 wins and a 2-0 loss. Not bad.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    A draw, a loss, and a win.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Win, draw & loss
  • Options
    4-0 win for us today at home to coventry, Akinbiyi with 2, G o'Connor with 1 and Wayne Thomas with the other, very nice performance and a very nice result.

First 4-0 win since September 2003 when we beat Bradford city.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    2 draws now, one win. Must say I am disappointed.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Well we got thrashed by Watford 3-1 at home today which wasn't very good.

your our first victim of the seasom, first of many i hope. We always do well up at Cardiff, i remember Webber running your lot off the field last season

Burnley for us on saturday, no going to be easy they have some good players, bound to see goals from ex hornets hyde and gifton no doubt.
  • Options
    olaola, you i'll be down your way on saturday, looking forward to it after we pasted coventry, Micah just seems to be getting better and better for us now, he's totally controlling midfield in every game, certainly one of our best players at the moment, Gifton aint doing too bad either, he's playing the hold up role for akinbiyi to feed off, but im loving him at the moment. apart from his penalty miss on saturday, its the funniest thing ever, must have gone at least 20ft over the bar.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Win, draw and lose. However, our win was against Rangers at the weekend so that makes me feel a bit better.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    apart from his penalty miss on saturday, its the funniest thing ever, must have gone at least 20ft over the bar.

haha i saw that, what a nightmare

michah hyde is quality, shame hes so inconsistant, one day hes steven gerrard another hes well... michah hyde!

good luck on saturday
  • Options
    he's actually being quite consistant now, you might have a shock on saturday if our trialists last night at the reserves are anything to go by, we've got a few good un's on our hands.

how come my ticket for watford game is only costing me £5 for an adult?!? thats amazing!! whats going on??
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

how come my ticket for watford game is only costing me £5 for an adult?!? thats amazing!! whats going on??

they always offer a discount to the rubbish teams. heheh. only joking, we do that about 4 times a season and it always fills up the ground, usally to northern teams like crew, preston etc.

£5 wont seem as cheap when the 'orns are 2-0 up this time tomorrow. with goals from Marlon King and Matthew Spring on hius debut :yes:

cant wait for this game, my first game of the season. and a huge sense of optism buzzing around vicarage road for the first time in 11months.
  • Options
    hehe i wouldnt be so confident!! we've got a strikeforce to be scared of now, i think theres gonna be a few goals in this game. im looking forward to it to! ill give you a wave from the burnley end.
  • Options
    well well well koe my friend, what can i say. We did win by 2 goals as i predicted, but i would have never imagined the way in which it happend.

We did deserve the win, dispite our second goal taking a huge deflection and our third was slightly contraversial with your keeper being on the floor. But burnley should have never been allowd back into the game, im sorry but that was never a penalty. i was trying to boo akinbyi for the rest of the game but he never seemed to be in possesion of the ball, except for his shot which produced an excellent save from young foster.

Im very happy with the performance today, perfect revenge for burnley doing the double over us last season. Good luck for the rest of the season. see you in the premiership maybe heheh
  • Options
    i didnt come down in the end pal due to being absolutly wasted last night, good job too. congrats on the win, but i dont think you understand the drastic situation of todays squad. we were missing 4 1st team players and when we only have a squad of 16 (which includes a 40 year old coach who is there to make the numbers up) its very crap. we had that young karl birmingham playing who we have got on load from man city he's only 18, and another young un McCann who before today has only ever played 70mins first team football, same for Lafferty.

the main thing is, we need players and we need em quick. This is gonna be the story of our season. we are all trying to be patient with Cotterill as ive no doubt he's a top manager, but he's going for the quality over quantity approach and at the moment its quite desperate.

hopefully things may change soon. well done again..could be a surprise team this year your lot
  • Options
    yeah i thought numbers must be low when i saw micah hyde playing at right back! I think there are positives burnely can take from that game , but i cant see things getting much better unless they build up a bigger squad.
  • Options
    well we should have Steve Lomas this week which should be a good signing, plus we have 5/6 trialists with us at the moment, 3 of which i'd take after seeing them in a non competetive game.
  • Options
    4 wins. Top of the league :D
  • Options
    Cardiff sucked some more. While Exeter are the only team in the conference to win all the games so far. :thumb:
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    hmm, well Saints have picked up two wins and a draw from their first four games... Currently 8th. Not too bad I suppose.

Early days yet though :nervous:
  • Options
    olaola: ive seen in the news of the world this morning that akinbiyi got sent off after the final whistle yesterday...did you see anything..i havent been able to have a word with anyone who went yet...i bloody hope not...
  • Options
    first ive herd of it! but if its true sounds like a disaterous game for burnley. 2 players were stretched off aswell. That must make the squad 11 players!

I did here that a fight broke out with akinbiyi with clarke carlise, but that was at half time and he did re appear for the 2nd half obviously.
  • Options
    I dont want to talk about Brightons start to the season suffice to its not so good :/
  • Options
    not happy with Boothroyd olaola, you seen what he said...when our keeper got bashed in the windpipe and was on the floor injured, you went ahead and scored, Jensen later needed oxygen and overnight. when asked to comment on wether it should have been put out his response was "We shouldn't have kicked it out, we should have put the ball in the top corner. Winning is everything."

thats a bit harsh, scoring before someones health
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    not happy with Boothroyd olaola, you seen what he said...when our keeper got bashed in the windpipe and was on the floor injured, you went ahead and scored, Jensen later needed oxygen and overnight. when asked to comment on wether it should have been put out his response was "We shouldn't have kicked it out, we should have put the ball in the top corner. Winning is everything."

thats a bit harsh, scoring before someones health

i was shocked by Boothroyds comments. But i was sitting 20 rows back in the stands and i could tell your keeper was fine. he was talking to the reff and rolling around - trying to get play stopped! and by scoring we did put the ball out of play, so we did your keeper a favour. As for the oxygen, thats standard procedure, he was sent home from hospital with some parctemol and a saw neck - poor guy.

Ive read a burnely report of the game and a watford report both are very biast i must admit.