Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Worst rumour made up about you

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Mine would probably be that i was a lesbian with my then best mate in year 8. Totally untrue of course.
Then there were 2 floating around just before we broke up this term that i fancy a complete minger, and also my ex mates bf (who she accused me of fancying before this went round....hmmmm....)
What's been the worst 1....or the most ridiculous rumour that's gone round about you?

Comments

• Options
    There was a rumour going round work that i'm a nymphomaniac, i quite liked that one. :yes:
  • Options
    Probably when i was about 13, it was going round school that i was pregnant, only there was one problem, i was still a virgin! unfortunately poeple still believe stupid things!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    When I was 12, some stupid guy heard that I liked stories with ghosts and told a teacher that I summon them. She told the headmaster, and soon the whole school had heard that I was a satanist! It wasn't any kind of religious school, so on top of all other things I had to wonder how come even the teachers believed that.
    It took years to get that reputation off me, and not completely -some students and at least one teacher still believed it 3 years later.
  • Options
    That id had an abortion, that blew up in thier face when my belly started to grow ;)
  • Options
    someone came over to me in a club and said
    vicky: moo are you ok?
    moo: yes why?
    vicky: well i heard someone stabbed you in the eye.
    moo: does it look like it?
    vicky: no, not really
    moo: ok then, well thanks then!?!?!?
  • Options
    My fiance was believed to be a satanist and an anatchist PML
  • Options
    People used to think I was gay.. but that was just the general opinion of the school rather than a rumour :p.
  • Options
    Someone started a rumour that I was seeing another girl behind my (then) wifes back. She found out before I did that whenever she went out on a wednesday evening to work a beautiful girl turned up, and left just before she got home. The guitar case in her hand gave these people no clue that it was my guitar teacher (and also my cousin, to make it even more ridiculous). The reason I had lessons when she was out was that she couldn't stand the infernal racket and banned me from having the guitar out when she was home!!!!

My wife played along with it for a while, and really had the person believe that I was seeing this girl!!!! People who start rumours usually do so because they have nothing better to do in their own lives. Pretty sad really.
  • Options
    i really don't think i've had any rumours against me...two girls pretended to others i was gay but they were only messing about and laughing when they were slagging me about it in front of others
  • Options
    At school everyone was on the recieving end of a bitch. I just used to get so frustrated though, i didn't realise at the time these people had nothing better to do with their lives than give it the old 'You've been shagging so and so blah blah why lie when we know it's true etc' 'you starting' and all that bob. But thats all part of being 15 isn't it, having to go through all that. Pah.
  • Options
    A lot of people say that I've been with a load of boys. I just laugh at them.
  • Options
    well its not really a rumour but because im a goth and hang round with a few other gothic friends at school....(theres only 4 of us) people say that we smoke dope/worship the devil and look miserable all the time....when it's the complete opposite, we're probably some of the happiest people in our year because we're outcasts we're not all caught up in the pressure to loose your virginity as soon as you turn 13 and all the staying fashionable shit. But then again people only see what they want to see.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    Mine would probably be that i was a lesbian with my then best mate in year 8. Totally untrue of course.

Exact same thing happened to me, but in Year 7, rumours that I was a lesbian with my friend. I got horribly bullied for it too for about two years even though it wasnt true.

Stupid thing is these days if someone spread a rumour that I was a lesbian (which I'm not) with my best friend I'd find it hilarious and probably tell people it was true. But when you're 12/13 it really matters doesnt it! Ah well.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    we're probably some of the happiest people in our year because we're outcasts we're not all caught up in the pressure to loose your virginity as soon as you turn 13 and all the staying fashionable shit. But then again people only see what they want to see.

WTF! :eek2:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    WTF! :eek2:
    whats wrong with being happy with your life?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    whats wrong with being happy with your life?

:confused:

i never said there was...i'm talking about what you said after that..i find it highly offensive
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    :confused:

i never said there was...i'm talking about what you said after that..i find it highly offensive
    i'm talking about the school community.....teenagers
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i'm talking about the school community.....teenagers

yes i know what you're talking about and i still find what you said highly offensive
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    yes i know what you're talking about and i still find what you said highly offensive
    well what exactly do you find offensive
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    because we're outcasts we're not all caught up in the pressure to loose your virginity as soon as you turn 13 and all the staying fashionable shit. But then again people only see what they want to see.

right first off all, you're saying that the fact that you're an "outcast" (whatever that is) means that you are immune to the pressures of losing your virginity, meaning "non-outcasts" are exclusively susseptable to this risk, that's a stereotype distinction that i don't think is very smart because teenagers of all types run the risk at some stage of their lives, and "staying fashionable shit"...do you realise that you rebelling and being a self proclaimed "outcast" means you yourself are conforming to a fashion, no wonder teenagers these days are so stgmatised
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    right first off all, you're saying that the fact that you're an "outcast" (whatever that is) means that you are immune to the pressures of losing your virginity, meaning "non-outcasts" are exclusively susseptable to this risk, that's a stereotype distinction that i don't think is very smart because teenagers of all types run the risk at some stage of their lives, and "staying fashionable shit"...do you realise that you rebelling and being a self proclaimed "outcast" means you yourself are conforming to a fashion, no wonder teenagers these days are so stgmatised
    well what im saying is, i dont feel pressured to lose my virginity....but when you see and hear talk of the girls in the in crowd, they talk about how they felt pressured to lose their virginity....and they talk about having to keep up with fashion etc. So i'm saying im glad im not a part of that, because doing things to fit in that you dont really want to do is abit silly and it isnt my thing. ok?
  • Options
    I think you're completely over-reacting there Turlough, she's only 15 ffs.

Everyone follows a "fashion" to a lesser or greater extent, I don't think she is saying or meaning she isn't. But she isn't following "fashion" in its colloquial sense, is she?

There is mainstream fashion and "outcast" fashions. Both are fashions, what's your point?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I think you're completely over-reacting there Turlough, she's only 15 ffs.

Everyone follows a "fashion" to a lesser or greater extent, I don't think she is saying or meaning she isn't. But she isn't following "fashion" in its colloquial sense, is she?

There is mainstream fashion and "outcast" fashions. Both are fashions, what's your point?

Yeah! (it's always nice to have the same opinion as someone who articulates things better ;) )

I can see why it's a bit silly but I wouldn't say it was offensive.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    she's only 15 ffs.

i suppose...ah i don't care anymore

flowers and peace :)
  • Options
    Apparently I used to give the boys blowjobs in a bus shelter when I was 14 :yeees:
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Any rumours made up about me and I go ahead and prove them right.
    can i start a rumour about you being a really nice person :p
  • Options
    the biggest rumour was that i slept with JsT ;[

but when it was actually his twin brother! LOL
  • Options
    I can't really think of any major rumours about me tbh.

I'm not worth talking about..obviously.
  • Options
    people didnt bother making up rumours about me at school because i would just reply with agreement to annoy them because they knew it didnt bother me that they were making up crap. Annoyed them so much and became funny to me instead.

And nowdays i dont tend to get myself into the sort of environment where stupid rumours would come about (at school i didnt have much of a choice)
  • Options
    i laugh at how many people connect satanism with been against christ, and is direct worship of satan, when it isnt