Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Worst thing a 'friend' has done to you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    a chick i knew from when i was 6 and went out with for 3 1/2 years from the age of 15 split up with me and then a year later we decided to try again so she came round for a chat and we decided to have drinks with my mate and his mrs. so we all had lots to drink and i fell sleep on the settee. 3 days later she was going out with my housemate and he had split up with his gf.

However, the good side is that after the period of lonliness with lead to me wanted to rekindle the past i started to go clubbing with a friend and have had lots of "fun" and made loads of friends which i wouldnt have done had i stayed with her.
    Plus shes now a chavette!
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    My mate nicked my car once while I was asleep and then wrote it off.
    Still I never got pissed about it, and 3 months later he died after stealing and crashing his old dears motor into a tree whilst off his face. :(

Sorry to hear that, it's really shit :(

I used to get really wound up about friends and how much they abuse my loyalty or piss me around but nowadays i'll just get mad, say my piece honestly and then try and make amends because as skive has shown some terrible things can happen. Okay i get the odd mardy week but i always try and build bridges as lifes too short to stress. If i don't build the bridge then i burn it completely. Every persons different but this is the way i handle it.

I once gave a girl a hard time because she started dating my ex and her and my best mate at the time gave me a rough ride so in the end we were all at each others throats. Three years later she was killed by a drunk driver. We never properly made up and my best mate and i never spoke afterwards.
  • Options
    I'm having some trouble with my old best friend at the moment. I've been spending a lot of time with my bf for the last 8 months, but now hes left school, I'm back to spending more time with my mates. But she says I'm being fake and using her, and though it had been my birthday the day before, she didn't once talk to me on Monday, didn't even say Hi, or Happy Birthday or anything. She now makes all her plans without me - but says its my fault we don't see each other anymore. Hmph.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    I'm having some trouble with my old best friend at the moment. I've been spending a lot of time with my bf for the last 8 months, but now hes left school, I'm back to spending more time with my mates. But she says I'm being fake and using her, and though it had been my birthday the day before, she didn't once talk to me on Monday, didn't even say Hi, or Happy Birthday or anything. She now makes all her plans without me - but says its my fault we don't see each other anymore. Hmph.
    my ex best friend accused me of doing that when i had a bf....even when he lived 200miles away and i spent thursday nights and weekends with her... :yeees: then as soon as she gets 1, stops calling me and we didnt hang out once out of school....then she decided he was more important and ditched me.....and also accused me of fancying him... :eek2:
  • Options
    Becky. She was pissed and it was a good five years ago now.

Well there's a surprise.
  • Options
    *TiNK* wrote:
    Sleeping with the fella id just split up with, not a good move.

definitely. Totally agree. With my 'so called friend' she did while i was living with him and had a 5month old son to him. not good at all. was nearly a year ago and i still hate her
  • Options
    Got jelous that this bloke fancied me and not her, so told him lies about me to turn him against me and then got together with him herself, when they split up she addmitted that she didnt even fancy him but she only wanted him because i did!!

:confused:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Blah, blah, blah.
    GWST wrote:
    Blah, blah, blah.

Don't you two talk at home? Should we have a thread in here just for you?
    :p
  • Options
    Oh and the worst thing...

She married me.
  • Options
    Probably the worst thing a friend has done to me was my old friend Alex who bitched about me to my other friend and vice versa. Me and my other friend told eachother what was going on and we confronted Alex and since that day we haven't spoken to her for a year and a half. She moved class because she didn't have any friends and now she's pretty much a loner.

Serves her right for saying I was to never ever have a boyfriend with a fat body like that (shes a size 18 and she's 13, btw *rolls eyes* I'm a size 12 and I'm 14) and shit like that!!

... and i do have a boyfriend, of 7 months :yum:
  • Options
    Hur all you girls moan about other girls taking your boyfriends away, what if it was another bloke!!! :eek:

Haha no i don't mean my boyfriend turned gay or anything! What it was it that i was mates with this guy for years, we were proper best mates and then i met my boyfriend and introduced my best mate to him.

They got along fine but my best mate became so obsesed with my boyfriend, honestly, he thought he was the best thing since sliced bread because my boyfriend had a rep as being abit hard, my ex best mate loved the fact he was hanging around with somone "hardcore" and they totaly went off together.

My ex best mate would stich me up and grass me up for stupid things i had done to my boyfriend just to get in his good books and get me in trouble.

I have split up with my boyfriend now and now my ex best mate barley even talks to me anymore, but he phones my ex everyday :mad: so much 4 loyalty!
    ~XXX~
  • Options
    ±Lover± wrote:
    Hur all you girls moan about other girls taking your boyfriends away, what if it was another bloke!!! :eek:

Haha no i don't mean my boyfriend turned gay or anything! What it was it that i was mates with this guy for years, we were proper best mates and then i met my boyfriend and introduced my best mate to him.

They got along fine but my best mate became so obsesed with my boyfriend, honestly, he thought he was the best thing since sliced bread because my boyfriend had a rep as being abit hard, my ex best mate loved the fact he was hanging around with somone "hardcore" and they totaly went off together.

My ex best mate would stich me up and grass me up for stupid things i had done to my boyfriend just to get in his good books and get me in trouble.

I have split up with my boyfriend now and now my ex best mate barley even talks to me anymore, but he phones my ex everyday :mad: so much 4 loyalty!
    ~XXX~

I hate people like that,theres a lad who me and my bf used to hang around with, my bf's brother has a reputation of being hard, so our so called mate ditched our group and followed my bf's brother and mates around, he was basically just their lap dog, but he thought he was good being good mates with them. Now they've ditched him, he wants to hang around with us again. First night out with us, he pinches £10 off my bf, now he's got no one. i have no sympathy for him
  • Options
    I can't think of anything bad that any of my friends has done to me since being about 7 and the usual 7 year old playground stuff like "You're not my friend anymore!" following a squabble.

I am very, very picky about my friends. That means I have a few rather than a big crowd, but I know the ones I have are friends for life and I prefer it that way.
  • Options
    I once went on holiday with two friends in a place that I wasn't familiar with. We went clubbing and they both left with guys they had pulled. I was left in there alone and got attacked by some drunken guy. After 2am when the place had closed I was left wandering the streets in a right mess desperately trying to find them. I have never forgiven them for that.

My "best friend" used to do that quite a bit back home and it used to really annoy me the amount of times she did it. One night i'd had my wallet stolen, she wouldn't lend me money and she fuc*ed off with her bf and left me penniless in town. Luckily a taxi driver trusted me and took me home.
    Mates should never ever leave another mate alone. I did it once to the above girl to give her a bit of her own medicine but she didn't care and i couldn't face doing it again as it just wasn't me. No matter how drunk i am i will always see a friend home/make sure they're safe etc.
  • Options
    My dad was really ill and we thought he might die (he didnt btw), and around the same time my grandpa died so I was having a really hard time at home with my ma distraught and so on, anyway I kept pretty quiet about it all not wanting to 'impose' my misery on my best mate. I hardly ever mentioned it but she made me feel like a leper when I did. :no: bad times.
    It's all good now though-new friends, new boyfriend etc. I havent looked back. :)