Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

BNP founder found dead

John Tyndall pegs it

Well... let me be the first:

cork_pop_250.jpg
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm sure he was a loving father/husband/son, so sympathy to his family.

Otherwise, good riddance.
  • Options
    I'm sure he was a loving father/husband/son, so sympathy to his family.

Otherwise, good riddance.

well said, his family gets sympathy, but he doesnt from me
  • Options
    Ditto what everyone else has said. I'm not going to be sad for a man who set up such a dispicable organisation.
  • Options
    Celebration.jpg
  • Options
    i don't think it's very respectful to celebrate his death...well not yet anyway ;)
  • Options
    Definitely an incredibly nasty bit of work; racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic and definitely violent given his involvement in the fundamentalist BNP and NF. Still despite his fondness for Hitler and co he wasn’t a mass murdering Nazi and I don’t really think it’s right to celebrate his death. Incredibly unlikely I know but I’d like to think that before he died he perhaps privately recanted some of his disgusting views and in some way made amends for his wrongs.
  • Options
    Definitely an incredibly nasty bit of work; racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic and definitely violent given his involvement in the fundamentalist BNP and NF. Still despite his fondness for Hitler and co he wasn’t a mass murdering Nazi and I don’t really think it’s right to celebrate his death. Incredibly unlikely I know but I’d like to think that before he died he perhaps privately recanted some of his disgusting views and in some way made amends for his wrongs.

I don't think he was inherently a "bad man", i've read his book...seriously misguided definitely. And to be fair, anti-fascist groups were more violent than the fash themselves (they beat up his wife a decade or so back).
  • Options
    good riddance.
  • Options
    He's not Ted Heath we don't have to pretend to be sad so stuff his family and their feelings. His wife knew what he was like when she married him and if hsi children haven't disowned him they've already swallowed his odious ideas. Hope he rots in hell.
  • Options
    and in some way made amends for his wrongs.

?
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    He's not Ted Heath we don't have to pretend to be sad so stuff his family and their feelings. His wife knew what he was like when she married him and if hsi children haven't disowned him they've already swallowed his odious ideas. Hope he rots in hell.

No he`s not(wasn`t?).He never got the chance to put his psychopathic tendacies into REAL practice like Ted Heath did.Such is democracy.

seeker
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    they beat up his wife a decade or so back.
    good, she wouldn't wed a fascist unless she was one as well.
  • Options
    She still doesn't deserve to be attacked.
  • Options
    a NAZI is a NAZI, I wouldn't make the distinction between her and her husband. Although I will admit that it was rather cowardly of a group of people to jump her.
  • Options
    Well personally, I have enough respect for life not to celebrate anybody's death. Sure he had right wing extremest ideals, but he's entitled to them as much as we are entitled to our own beliefs.
  • Options

Oh yeah?

How stupid of you.
  • Options
    Well personally, I have enough respect for life not to celebrate anybody's death. Sure he had right wing extremest ideals, but he's entitled to them as much as we are entitled to our own beliefs.

Yeah he's entitled to them, he's entitled to incite hatred and violence against minorities. He's entitled to campaign against everything decent and human and to support Nazi policies. Same as other people are entitled to physically confront poisonous hatefilled people like him to defend their rights and freedoms. Fuck him and good riddance.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yeah he's entitled to them, he's entitled to incite hatred and violence against minorities. He's entitled to campaign against everything decent and human and to support Nazi policies. Same as other people are entitled to physically confront poisonous hatefilled people like him to defend their rights and freedoms. Fuck him and good riddance.
    Not really because by acting in that way towards him you're just as bad as he is.
  • Options
    Nonsense. How is defending yourself and your community as bad as preaching race hate and Nazism? By that logic, Churchill was as bad as Hitler.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Oh yeah?

How stupid of you.

and you know otherwise?
  • Options
    Not really because by acting in that way towards him you're just as bad as he is.

Blagsta isn't supporting the idea of mass genocide; I think that by itself makes him a better person don’t you?
  • Options
    I think people are entitled to freedom of speech as long as they're not hurting anyone. People beat this guy up because they didn't like his ideas... I myself am very far on the left so it's not like I support the BNP. The thing is he's just as human as anybody else and entitled to the same rights and respect as everyone else.
  • Options
    im not shedding any tears.
  • Options
    I think people are entitled to freedom of speech as long as they're not hurting anyone. People beat this guy up because they didn't like his ideas... I myself am very far on the left so it's not like I support the BNP. The thing is he's just as human as anybody else and entitled to the same rights and respect as everyone else.

Sure he's entitled to freedom of speech. If his army of scum wants to run a campaign add during prime time let them, if they want to distribute flyers let them, and if they want to hold themselves a march the city should do nothing to stop them.

But Nazis have always had a violent agenda, they always will. And an agenda of violence desserves a violent responce. So when they hold their march, they'd better expect that anti fascists are gonna show up and beat the tar out of them, and if some buddy spots them leaving a flyers in the community, they'd better expect that person is likely to give them a beating.
  • Options
    But Nazis have always had a violent agenda, they always will. And an agenda of violence desserves a violent responce. So when they hold their march, they'd better expect that anti fascists are gonna show up and beat the tar out of them, and if some buddy spots them leaving a flyers in the community, they'd better expect that person is likely to give them a beating.
    There are people on the far left who hold a violent agenda too. We're all adults these days, we're not children with our whole right vs wrong complex, life isn't that simple. Things like laws weren't created so we can massage our pride by beating the shit out of people who's opinions don't match our own, the human rights act was not draughted up to prove who's the most macho.

Throwing violence up against violence is the sort of thing wild animals do to each other. We live in a democracy and there are better ways to deal with right wing people than beating the daylights out of them. You might not just be hurting the individual themselves but also other people around you... Their families ect. Sure, being aggressive towards somebody might make you feel like a big strong man (especially if you and your mates are beating up the individual in a gang), but really... Would it actually solve any problems? No...
  • Options
    Strictly speaking the BNP are not Nazis, nor are they advocating genocide. Whilst they are pretty despicable bunch they remain a legal organisation and its not up to a self proclaimed bunch of left-wing vigilantes to decide whether or not they can march or speak.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Strictly speaking the BNP are not Nazis, nor are they advocating genocide. Whilst they are pretty despicable bunch they remain a legal organisation and its not up to a self proclaimed bunch of left-wing vigilantes to decide whether or not they can march or speak.
    :yes:
  • Options
    Throwing violence up against violence is the sort of thing wild animals do to each other. We live in a democracy and there are better ways to deal with right wing people than beating the daylights out of them. You might not just be hurting the individual themselves but also other people around you... Their families ect. Sure, being aggressive towards somebody might make you feel like a big strong man (especially if you and your mates are beating up the individual in a gang), but really... Would it actually solve any problems? No...

Yeah, you know, you're right; I do believe that beating Nazis makes me a big man. :rolleyes: Come on man, this isn't about being macho and characterizing it like that is nothing short of predictable.

They deserve a beating, and I for one hope that they get them on a regular basis. I am well aware that there are better ways to prevent the rise if fascism in a democracy, that is why I vote.
  • Options

Of course he's entitled to his private views. However he didn't keep them private did he? He encouraged and incited bigotry, hatred and violence. Good fucking riddance.
  • Options
    There are people on the far left who hold a violent agenda too. We're all adults these days, we're not children with our whole right vs wrong complex, life isn't that simple. Things like laws weren't created so we can massage our pride by beating the shit out of people who's opinions don't match our own, the human rights act was not draughted up to prove who's the most macho.

So you don't believe in the right to self defence?