Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dwayne Best is a rapist...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm torn. I think the public have a right to know, but I do worry that the public will then go and attack his family's house. Which would be bad.

The press like to know addresses in order to sell papers. You'd be amazed how many people live at my office, mind :lol:
  • Options
    fucking animal.

Hope he catches AIDS from someone in prison.

Actually no, thats too good for him.
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:

No you don't.
  • Options
    believe me I wouldnt shed a tear.
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:

Preferably from an "illegal" eh?

I agree with the sentiment though, he is an animal.
  • Options
    Oh, I agree with the sentiment, but my beliefs on rapists is quite clear.

I don't wish AIDS on him, because he'd only go and give it to someone else.
  • Options
    Preferably from an "illegal" eh?

My god I thought you were a tad obsessed the other week when you were looking at my profile for 15 mins and replying to everything I put, now you are getting hysterical though :cool:
    I don't wish AIDS on him, because he'd only go and give it to someone else

Thats a fair point, we should cut off his head instead :thumb:
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    My god I thought you were a tad obsessed the other week when you were looking at my profile for 15 mins

Don't flatter yourself. You really aren't that interesting.

ETA You call me obsessed but then admit to watching what I am doing. Hmmm :chin: Do the words Pot & Kettle mean anything to you?

If I wanted to make an accusation of racism, it's a good idea to check to see that it stands up. And it does. There aren't many people who would admit to being motivated in sport by racist comments about an opponent.
  • Options
    obviously was :D
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    obviously was :D

Too quick for the edit, Mr "I-know-what-you-looked-at-because-I-was-looking-at-you. -Whoops-did-I-just-admit-to-being-obsessed?"

Didn't think it through, did you? But then most racists I've come across don't ever think anything through...
  • Options
    There aren't many people who would admit to being motivated in sport by racist comments about an opponent.

???

You mean the same comments made by Ali and Lewis? :confused: What a tool you are, stick to what you know please.
  • Options
    Justice has been served, then. Hope the teacher can move on with her life, she's shown incredible strength through all of this, espcially with it over the national press too. If there was an award for bravery she should get it, but then again, it's not right to give someone an award for being raped.

It's very humbling though that someone could go through all that by a student, and still want to teach. I don't know if I could do the same...
  • Options
    Why shouldn't he be named? He's old enough to be, and it's not like he was involved in a major media circus type case. IE enough to merit protection.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Why shouldn't he be named? He's old enough to be, and it's not like he was involved in a major media circus type case. IE enough to merit protection.

To be fair, it has been all over the national press.

But I agree that he should be named, and shamed. She has to live with this for the rest of her life, so too should he. And hopefully it will make him change his attitudes and behaviour rather than just melt back into society.

I still believe rapists pose a risk until they are 'treated' though, and so releasing them after x years might just send them out the same way they came in. There are ways people can change their ways, but sending someone disturbed enough to do something like this to prison isn't going to make them a better person or anything.
  • Options
    The teacher said;
    "Naming him may help him to accept responsibility for what he has done and recognise the gravity of his actions,"

Don't know how much difference it will make, I hope she is right. Have to really agree though with the judge and the NUT.
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    You mean the same comments made by Ali and Lewis?

You have links?
    What a tool you are, stick to what you know please.

Oh, I know how to motivate people. It really isn't that difficult. You find their trigger point, the thing which will make them do what you want them to do, it's a sales technique basically.

For some it's the promise of riches, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, for others it's the promise of "a better way".

For you, by you own admission, it's racism. Like I said before, I pity you.

Regards Ali specifically (as Lewis is well known in anti-racism circles) perhaps you should look into the Nation of Islam, perhaps you should consider if it is racist to want to prove yourself against someone who has oppressed you from birth.

Then consider how that differs from being an oppressor and using the fact that you are part of that dominant race to motivate yourself.

But again, that would require you to have an understanding of the period and the climate of the time. That would require you to think a little. I suspect that you aren't up to such a challenge.
  • Options
    Regards Ali specifically (as Lewis is well known in anti-racism circles) perhaps you should look into the Nation of Islam, perhaps you should consider if it is racist to want to prove yourself against someone who has oppressed you from birth.

Bullshit, if you think thats what the NOI represents then you are misguided. You really are a wet liberal, I can see you at all sorts of ANL marches, a really sympathiser towards black and asian racists but then a screamer towards a white person of whom you alledge.
    Then consider how that differs from being an oppressor and using the fact that you are part of that dominant race to motivate yourself.

Bullshit again, Come to my gym and box, if you honestly think blacks are the victims of oppression in Boxing your mad.

But again, that would require you to have an understanding of the period and the climate of the time. That would require you to think a little. I suspect that you aren't up to such a challenge.

yawn.......Why do I get the feeling your a vegetarian. :hyper:
  • Options
    I still believe rapists pose a risk until they are 'treated'

I agree.

Except I think the only "treatment" a rapist deserves is a high velocity lead injection to the testicles.
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    You really are a wet liberal, I can see you at all sorts of ANL marches, a really sympathiser towards black and asian racists but then a screamer towards a white person of whom you alledge.

I abhor the ANL.
    Bullshit again, Come to my gym and box, if you honestly think blacks are the victims of oppression in Boxing your mad.

If you think that racism in boxing was relevant then you are a fool. Funnily enough both of those individuals you mentioned didn't live inside the boxing ring, they had lives outside and before boxing. I would have expected you to know more about their individual history. Perhaps you should look at why Ali changed his name, why he refused the draft. You should also look at the teachings of the NOI, look at Malcolm X before and after hew was part of that organisation. Then tell me about oppression.
    Why do I get the feeling your a vegetarian. :hyper:

Because you've never read anything I've said about bacon sandwiches, or the joys of being an omnivore (it's okay, you can look that word up if you like :p )
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:

He shouldn't be named because it encourages vigilante justice. The guy has already been sentenced; whether you agree or disagree with the severity and/or adequateness of it is a separate matter.
  • Options
    He shouldn't be named because it encourages vigilante justice.

Should no convicted criminal be named then?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Theres certainly an arguement for that, though it would further break down public confidence in the police.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

It's a complex issue that I don't have a definite answer to. I believe that people are capable of complete reform and that if you believe the punishment a person has been dealt by a court is adequate for the crime committed then that person has served their time (as it were) and shouldn't be further penalised. Also while we still have the situation where blood thirsty vigilantes are lynching paediatricians we should think carefully about the general intelligence of the British public.
  • Options
    I do agree with the sentiment that naming convicted criminals encourages vigilante justice, and that there is limited proof of this happening. However I think the need for the public to have access to open justice is more important than a slight need for the protection of criminals.

Defendants should not be named. Convicted criminals should be.

Addresses should never be named in open court. Though in practise quite often they aren't; I've said before it's amazing how many people live at this office.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I do agree with the sentiment that naming convicted criminals encourages vigilante justice, and that there is limited proof of this happening. However I think the need for the public to have access to open justice is more important than a slight need for the protection of criminals.

Defendants should not be named. Convicted criminals should be.

Addresses should never be named in open court. Though in practise quite often they aren't; I've said before it's amazing how many people live at this office.

The below are questions and not accusations! :)

Do you think that the name of a convicted criminal is necessary for justice to be open?

Do you think that it's necessary in every case to name a convicted criminal?

The grey area that keeps coming to my mind about names and addresses of convicted criminals is paedophiles. If I had children then I’d certainly want to know if there were any paedophiles in my immediate area.
  • Options
    for what ever reason does race come into rape?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4672435.stm

surley, society should be looking at the causes and the triggers.
  • Options
    Do you think that the name of a convicted criminal is necessary for justice to be open?

Yes.
    Do you think that it's necessary in every case to name a convicted criminal?

Yes.
    The grey area that keeps coming to my mind about names and addresses of convicted criminals is paedophiles. If I had children then I’d certainly want to know if there were any paedophiles in my immediate area.

Addresses should not be given out.

If a paedophile is in prison, he is not at his home address. His wife and children get the abuse instead.

There have been cases where a man has raped his own daughter, so the neanderthals have gone and trashed his house. Where the victim was. Lovely.
  • Options

But thats only because of the terrible re-offending rate, I'd much rather the police worked on that than gave locals a chance to harrass people living on their street.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    But thats only because of the terrible re-offending rate, I'd much rather the police worked on that than gave locals a chance to harrass people living on their street.

I agree completely, but what can you do?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

Why and why?
This discussion has been closed.