Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dwayne Best is a rapist...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree completely, but what can you do?

Treat sexual abuse of children and rape as a mental health issue, give them a proper trial, just like now but then commit them to a secure hospital instead. Then you can treat and study them and release them when they no longer pose a threat to society.
  • Options
    Just like they did with Roy Whiting eh bong?
  • Options
    for what ever reason does race come into rape?

49% of rapes last year were commited by blacks. When they are about 7% of the population.

Quite a shocking stat really for the black community, though I wouldnt expect anyone on here to debate it.
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    49% of rapes last year were commited by blacks. When they are about 7% of the population.

Quite a shocking stat really for the black community, though I wouldnt expect anyone on here to debate it.

I have to say that its not surprising that you haven't produced a source for that claim.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Treat sexual abuse of children and rape as a mental health issue, give them a proper trial, just like now but then commit them to a secure hospital instead. Then you can treat and study them and release them when they no longer pose a threat to society.

Is sexual abuse of children not already treated as a mental illness?
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:

Rapes committed, rapes recorded or convictions for rape?
    I have to say that its not surprising that you haven't produced a source for that claim.

It's not, but then no-one expects the insane ranting of a racist to be justified with facts, do they?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I agree.

Except I think the only "treatment" a rapist deserves is a high velocity lead injection to the testicles.

What about just genitalia removal?

Tommo100 why are you so racist anyway? Apart from the fact you haven't provided a source how can you know how many rapes occur in a year? You can know how many are reported, how many people are found guilty but you can never know how many actually happen.
  • Options
    Scotland Yard is treating the evidence with care because it has sensitive racial overtones. It suggests a disproportionately high involvement of young black or Asian males in group sex attacks and that a high proportion of the victims are white females.
    In the five-month Scotland Yard study, suspects of African/Caribbean appearance were identified in 49 per cent of attacks. A further 13 per cent were committed by men of Indian/Pakistani appearance.

I await your racism accusations again. source of quotes (no need for any apologies) - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/01/14/nrape14.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/01/14/ixhome.html

You can email the telegraph to call them racist if you want as well, pics were realeased of Dwayne Best as well today, surprise surprise another black rapist. I cant say that :eek:
  • Options
    Have you actually read that article?

What about the percentage of black people raped? A bit high considering you reckon they make up 7% of the population don't you think?

Does this not also relate to gang rape rather than rape as a crime in itself.

finally of course there is
    However, many of the attacks occurred in areas with high ethnic minority communities and, police believe, reflected the street population and the lawless activities of a small minority of black youths, many excluded from schools and from dislocated families.

Youths from other ethnic groups, including whites, were involved in the gangs, suggesting that the attacks were linked to overall patterns of youth crime rather than simply race.
  • Options
    What about just genitalia removal?

Tommo100 why are you so racist anyway? Apart from the fact you haven't provided a source how can you know how many rapes occur in a year? You can know how many are reported, how many people are found guilty but you can never know how many actually happen.

As kermit has pointed out before, rape is about power, so you dont have to rape with a penis. However surreal it sounds, a rapist is doing it because they love the sense of power over someone else - being able to take away their control.

I agree with bongbudda, mental health institute until they are no longer a threat to society etc.
  • Options
    He shouldn't be named because it encourages vigilante justice. The guy has already been sentenced; whether you agree or disagree with the severity and/or adequateness of it is a separate matter.
    Because you asked me, even though it's already been answered. Convicted criminals should be named, unless under-16, for the purposes of transparent justice.
  • Options
    As kermit has pointed out before, rape is about power, so you dont have to rape with a penis. However surreal it sounds, a rapist is doing it because they love the sense of power over someone else - being able to take away their control.

I agree with bongbudda, mental health institute until they are no longer a threat to society etc.

I never said stop at genitalia removal? It wasn't a 100% serious response either.
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    I await your racism accusations again

The article was about "group rape". Try again.
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    pics were realeased of Dwayne Best as well today, surprise surprise another black rapist.

Your figures referred to group rape over a short period of time.

Are you going to come and prove that a majority of rapists are black. Because I'd start with Sutcliffe, Huntley, West and Imiela to counter that argument.

Anyway, referring to the group rape figures you posted, why do you think the figure is so high for black people?
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    I await your racism accusations again. source of quotes (no need for any apologies) - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/01/14/nrape14.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/01/14/ixhome.html

You can email the telegraph to call them racist if you want as well, pics were realeased of Dwayne Best as well today, surprise surprise another black rapist. I cant say that :eek:

Yes, well you said

Your source said that 49% of group rapes in a 5 month period in London are alleged to have been committed by young black men. Many of the attacks took place in areas where there is a higher than average concentration of ethnic minorities.

The two statements are completely different, and on a national basis the figure for rapes would be much, much lower.
  • Options
    all rapists should have their nobs chopped off! no debate! None of this bullshit about human rights, u leave them with a nob u leave someone who has violated other people's human rights to go and do it again!
  • Options
    Thread's dead dude, thread's dead
This discussion has been closed.