Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Fly Agaric

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hear u dont have to dry them u can just pick one and munch on it. This true?

Also if anyones ever done em before, wud apreciated to hear what u thort. Would ya recommend it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not sure, but have a read of this ~

http://peyote.com/jonstef/flyagaric.htm
    ps, does anyone have/found a cure for trapped wind whist having a munch :blush:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,285 Skive's The Limit
    Drying them out is supposed to make them more psychoactive meaning you don't have to eat as much, but you can eat them fresh - they taste like ordinary mushrooms. Bear in mind that these shrooms give you terrible gut rot :yuck: and you will be sick.

I would only really recommend them if your completey sure you know what your doing. I came to do them with a bunch of travellers near me who said they'd been doing them for years. Good experience though not somehting to be messed with.
    Weekender Offender 
    Also drying them out is supposed to reduce the negative side effects like nausea
    any idea what the going rate for 20g would be?
    Whats the point in buying them? you could just pick them? i mean yeah they are seaonal, but wud that not mean u wud only be able to buy them during mushrooms season aswell?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I know I have said this before, but it is always worth saying it again - Mushrooms are very difficult to identify and the consequences of eating the wrong ones could be fatal. The warning below is from Erowid -
    There is NO way to identify a mushroom based solely on a photo or even a written description. Identifying mushrooms is a complex process and it's easy to make mistakes. There are many varieties of both edible and psychoactive mushrooms which have poisonous look-alikes. Even an expert can be fooled by the outward appearance of these deadly look-alikes.

Unless you can either explore with a mycologist or knowledgeable and seasoned mushroom hunter, or take the time to learn the careful process of mushroom identification yourself through reading books and preferably joining a mycological society...we would strongly recommend not eating mushrooms you pick yourself.

Learning to identify mushrooms isn't difficult in and of itself, but it takes training. Because the down-side of eating a poisonous mushroom is so great...one needs to be extraordinarily careful.

So that is the point in buying them I suppose.
    How many different types of red mushrooms with white spots are there then?
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    How many different types of red mushrooms with white spots are there then?

There is at least one which looks similar and is very nasty.
    Lots. Have a look at Erowid's page on Amanitas for more information.
    For sure it's not something you want to get wrong! I read the Erowid articles on Amanitas the other day, good read.
    Aminita's are relatively easy to identify if you take you time to learn a bit about them. There arn't many in this country anyway that are similar.

Of course this doesn't mean you should go out and pick any red musroom with white dots. Research is definately worthwhile, - appearance, habitat, season, method of ingestion - deaths from toxic mushrooms are horrendous.
    Weekender Offender 
    so clause 21 is probs guna make a load of people go out and pick ther own, and a large percentage r guna pick wrong ones and die/get fucked up?
    I can't answer you for sure because I can't read what you are saying.....

I'm joking, but could you please stop the text speak, it is not the easiest thing to read.
    >>>>so whats the point in buying them<<<<<<

sorry gang, but i'm an urbanite. Unless Jade can direct moi to a good spot then i'm affraid i have to purchuse them via blackmarket. Hampstead heath perhaps Jade?

Here in London, the open market dealers refuse to sell them, as what Jade has wrote, it can lead to problems and can in the worst case - induce death.

....but anyway, on a lighter note, on the 17th of this month, is when Shroom trading stops here in London. At the mo, i can get my grubby paws on Phillipino cubs - 140g for £30 (same strength as Thai)

hmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn, i may have to make some room in my freezer methinks. :thumb:
    bah humbug!
    Ah, but have you ever seen Fly on 'gerneral sale'?

i usually go for the mexican, or if for a better trip, then Philosophers stone as your guarenteed and know what the score is. Have you done the Phil cubs? if so, whats the trip

The price will/has dropped over the next week or so and it'll be a buyers market before they disappear back into the underground scene.
    Ah, but have you ever seen Fly on 'gerneral sale'?

Fly's
    Weekender Offender 
    i have done phillis, mexicans, columbians,and truffles. Phillis are the very best with out a doubt. Very nice trip, very mellow but also with lots of visual. Also quite potent, so watch how much u do.
    In my day we used to just go and pick 'em (liberty caps that is, not fly agarics)
    Blagsta wrote:
    In my day we used to just go and pick 'em (liberty caps that is, not fly agarics)

I have never ever bought shrooms. The only types I have ever done were Fly Agrics and Liberty Caps - all picked by my mates and I.
    Weekender Offender 
    ive always bought shrooms, just to be on the safe side so i dont end up eating something that turns out to be poisonous
    jake0 wrote:
    ive always bought shrooms, just to be on the safe side so i dont end up eating something that turns out to be poisonous

Up until a couple of years ago I didn't even know you could buy them from shops.
    Weekender Offender 
    You couldn't buy them from shops up until a couple of years ago.
    Blagsta wrote:
    You couldn't buy them from shops up until a couple of years ago.

I didn't know you could get them on some markets either.
    Weekender Offender 
    You couldn't get them from markets up until about 4 years ago I think.
    You can buy them in the headshop near me but not for much longer.

Do you think dealers will start selling them after the new law comes into force?
    When I lived in Sheffield in the early 90's, people used to sell shrooms for a penny each in shroom season.
    Blagsta wrote:
    When I lived in Sheffield in the early 90's, people used to sell shrooms for a penny each in shroom season.

About four or five years ago they used to sell them in the Drome for £15 an 1/8th, a little steep I thought.
    There is nothing that looks like Aminita Muscaria. It is very distinctive. But IT is the poisonous mushroom. Obviously most people who eat it don't die but it is classed as deadly because it has at least one death attributed to it. http://www.rogersmushrooms.com/gallery/DisplayBlock~bid~5517.asp
    Panther caps are probably most similar looking. They are brown with white spots and are poisonous maybe deadly.