Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What really annoys you about the opposite sex?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We've had the 'what attracts you' thread, many times over, and this one has only gone round once or twice, so you thought I might give it another whirl. Ok, first off, lighthearted thread, don't want it to turn into a sexist slagfest, it's just a bit of fun. If you're easily offended by sex-related jibes etc. then you might be better off ignoring this thread :).

First off, oversensitivity. Guys are pretty dumb a lot of the time, and don't normally take other's feelings into great consideration, and same when they get remarks, they normally forget about the insult. For example: if I say that you look crazy today, I don't mean you look better, or worse than usual, it's just a stupid comment that doesn't need to be overanalysed.

Which brings me onto overanalysing everything. I mean, I get opinions and comments depending on where I sit, or the way that I stand. Unless I say something like I'm pissed off with you, assume that I'm not. Guys don't do subtle.

Hypocrisy. It gets on my nerves when I do something wrong and get told off by a girl, and all of her friends (never understood why they needed to convey the message 4 times), then that's fine, but when I tell them off, it's me being a stupid, insensitive, uncaring, pigheaded man.

That is all for now :) :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Leaving the seat up :mad:

:p
  • Options
    is 'opposite' realy the correct term?
  • Options
    is 'opposite' realy the correct term?

Well mine goes out and their's goes in, so I suppose that's opposite. But then again, perhaps we're complementary in that a male's goes in a female's :p.
  • Options
    head ruled by penis
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    1 word: Discharge.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Everything.
  • Options

Which brings me onto overanalysing everything. I mean, I get opinions and comments depending on where I sit, or the way that I stand. Unless I say something like I'm pissed off with you, assume that I'm not. Guys don't do subtle.

God yes. Things can never just be taken at face value with girls and everything little thing has some hidden meaning behind it. Pisses me off, I mean how do they ever relax around each other if they're constantly analysing everything?!
  • Options
    you all believe yur smartier then us
  • Options
    You're more likely to be coarse - yeah I'm open minded...but I can't deal with farting loudly, burping loudly...I just find it so...personal, I don't really want to know loudly about your body functions working away.

When you're horny and too lazy to warm me up :(

When you wind us up till we're really sulking and then saying "I'm only joking, don't take it so seriously" :yeees:

Mind you...we've definitely got our cons too...!
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    oh yeah, the other thing that annoys me, none of them want to sleep with me ;(
  • Options

When you wind us up till we're really sulking and then saying "I'm only joking, don't take it so seriously" :yeees:

I really did have to learn not to push the line on that one too much with my girlfriend. As a result, I think I've lost my comic edge.
  • Options
    I really did have to learn not to push the line on that one too much with my girlfriend. As a result, I think I've lost my comic edge.

lol I'm not usually too bad in termperment but when you're made to feel so pissed off...then they follow it up with that as though you're being dumb cause you're racked off, oooooo makes the blood boil! Evil boy!!
  • Options
    You're more likely to be coarse - yeah I'm open minded...but I can't deal with farting loudly, burping loudly...I just find it so...personal, I don't really want to know loudly about your body functions working away.

I think I've been living in this house with only males for too long. The other day I took a dump and got the urge to come downstairs and tell everyone about it in great detail.

What annoys me most.... macho posturing. So pointless.
  • Options
    the way they are when they've been drinking. grr. :p
  • Options
    What malt said, tbh.
  • Options
    lol I'm not usually too bad in termperment but when you're made to feel so pissed off...then they follow it up with that as though you're being dumb cause you're racked off, oooooo makes the blood boil! Evil boy!!

thats the most exciting bit about it

plus as for the drinking bit, after working in a nightclub for a long while now, i know that women can be just as bad as men if not worse when you get a really drunk one
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

plus as for the drinking bit, after working in a nightclub for a long while now, i know that women can be just as bad as men if not worse when you get a really drunk one

i don't mean on nights out as such, just when going to the pub during the week and the likes. i don't have the need to fill my belly with beer a few nights a week. :no:
  • Options
    nobody has the need to drink alcohol

not even alcoholics, its always a want to, it might be an uncontrollable want, but its still a want
  • Options
    The ridiculous mood changes. Utterly unnecessary.

"Girly" things - everything covered in flowers. Or fluff. Or pink. Or teddy bears. You get the picture!

How women have a lovely habit of calling other women slags or tarts etc if they are dressed in anything remotely revealing etc.

Oh - and crying. WHAT FOR!? Unless there is a good reason - just pack it in.

G.
  • Options
    Girly" things - everything covered in flowers. Or fluff. Or pink. Or teddy bears. You get the picture!

ive done stuff like that before tbh, ask rachie004
  • Options
    Being sarcastic and taking things a bit too far with that. Always rambling on & on...
  • Options
    Being sarcastic and taking things a bit too far with that. Always rambling on & on...

i wouldnt have thought you were like that
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    i wouldnt have thought you were like that

Meaning what? Or for some reason, did you think I was a man?
  • Options
    no i just know a few females that are perfectly like that
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    not even alcoholics, its always a want to, it might be an uncontrollable want, but its still a want

Ahh, well actually alcohol is the only substance where the withdrawl symptoms can actually kill the user if they go cold turkey. So it technically is a need to :p
  • Options
    Harcdore male stoners...may think it sexy stonees but gets boring after a while. Do girls act the same when they're stoned? In fact is their a stoning uniform? Loose fitting or lose fitting, bum skimming baggy jeans (unless your arse is an asset leave those boxers, CK's not showing boys. Also legs sprawled wide open akimbo and repeated requests to "Yeah, chill man."

Guys with over-inflated egos even when what they have to celebrate ego-wise is minimal. Good on those who think they're the best thing since the invention of the Brevel toaster. I think the average bloke has greater sense of self worth than lots of girls out there - even if they are faking it.
  • Options
    commpulsive video game playing (DEATH TO WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!)
    having to sleep...lots....
    total phobia of commitment of any kind
  • Options
    Period days :P
  • Options
    Period days :P
    When they get annoyed with us for the mood swingyness/not wanting sex when we're on our period.
  • Options
    Kegalos wrote:
    you all believe yur smartier then us

Oh the irony.....