Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Being attractive makes it more difficult to pull anybody

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
discuss... i'll contribute my thoughts later.

Comments

• Options
    Nah.

Shyness makes it difficult to pull.

Being an arrogant prick or full of yourself doesn't make it difficult to pull as there will always be people who are impressed by that for one night. Might be difficult to develop a relationship though.
  • Options
    being attractive can make it difficult to pull a decent person, who's interested in you not just for the fact that your hot. Alls SOME guys who go after attractive girls are after is sex!
  • Options
    being attractive can make it difficult to pull a decent person, who's interested in you not just for the fact that your hot. Alls SOME guys who go after attractive girls are after is sex!

Hmm. To be fair I think that there's an equal number of girls who are just after some sex too. It is not the preserve of the man.
  • Options
    i agree with you, i was talking from one of my friends perspective. Sorry!
  • Options
    I think maybe people could hold back from talking to that person because they think that person would turn them down - i.e. think they could do better etc. It could be that people on the pull tend to go for something who they feel is of or below their level of attractiveness?
  • Options
    jeez. i mean, i hear that a load of lads like me, but they never speak to me. and its not as if i'm unfriendly or incredibly popular or anything :/ its just how people are.
  • Options
    false.

being attractive and a total dickhead makes it harder to pull people.

the people i know who are stunning and also funny and interesting and smart seem to have no troubles at all.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    being attractive and a total dickhead makes it harder to pull people.

Having a username like Fit and I Know It isn't going to help you pull either sunshine! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    I agree. People are intimidated by good looks.
    It is harder for good looking people to find genuine relationships.

Ilora x
  • Options
    I can't stand people who know they are attractive I i find modesty attractive and I'm sure that's why you can't pull coz other people are the same as me.
  • Options
    discuss... i'll contribute my thoughts later.
    Got a faceparty profile?
  • Options
    I agree. People are intimidated by good looks.
    It is harder for good looking people to find genuine relationships.

Ilora x

A moment ago you said it was 'harder for good looking people to pull' ;)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Mist wrote:
    Nah.

Shyness makes it difficult to pull.

:yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    A moment ago you said it was 'harder for good looking people to pull' ;)
    Yeah I know, I decided to change it because anyone can 'pull' someone one drunken night in a nightclub, but for someone to actually be approached by someone and it turn into something meaningful is a lot more difficult. Especially if the approachee is more than average looking.

Ilora x
  • Options
    nah i'm not one of those people who's arrogant or anything, it's just since i turned 18 i began to notice all these looks i keep getting of women everywhere i go. if anything, it's made it more nervewracking when it comes to approaching a girl if she's already been giving you the eye for ages.
  • Options
    heheh and like you know how you always want to pull the fit one but end up with the not-so-hot mate? my mates always insist i come out with them so they get more female attention
  • Options
    So you were ugly when you were 17 years and 364 days days old, then you woke up and girls everywhere suddenly wanted you?!?
  • Options
    no just oblivious. :D
  • Options
    no just oblivious. :D

how do u know they are looking at you because they think you are good looking? They could be laughing inside and think you look hideous
  • Options
    lol dont be so mean, its nice hes so confident
  • Options
    lol dont be so mean, its nice hes so confident

not being mean, just realistic!

people look at people just as much if they think someone is funny looking as to good looking
  • Options
    When an unattractive but confident bloke starts chattin to me when im out i will chat back, however if he tries it on il just get annoyed. If a fit bloke does the same i will react in exactly the same way.
    Unless i start to flirt with either of them i will not react well to bein groped.

If an attractive random tries to grope me however i am more likely to get annoyed cos i think he thinks that just cos he is fit he can touch what he likes, and also why do blokes even do that grabbing of the boob thing!! it hardly turns us girls on lol just irritates us!!

I wouldnt know whether i come into the unattractive or attractive category, but i NEVER pull when i go out. I get groped frequently, but rarely spoken to, or offered a drink or whatever!! I think that i am reasonably confident but i just dont know what to say to a bloke in the first instance!
    Plus, i'd never try and pull for any reason other than quick sex lol

I think that maybe i am more defensive with someone who is better looking because i think they shouldnt get girls falling at their feet just cos they are good looking. Plus the ones who are good looking where i go out, are GENERALLY the twats that you stay away from lol

hmmmm prob havent discussed that point too well, always go off on a random tangent! lol
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    not being mean, just realistic!

people look at people just as much if they think someone is funny looking as to good looking
    Yeah, but you can easily tell the difference between being stared at like you've got a spot on your face and being eyed up.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Yeah, but you can easily tell the difference between being stared at like you've got a spot on your face and being eyed up.

Ilora x

hmm..i cant tell

If a man smiles at me, it could mean that he's eyeing me up, but it could also mean he's smiling because he thinks im funny looking
  • Options
    usually the people i know who think they're stunning...well, they aren't. think lesley from BB.

maybe if you're having trouble pulling, it's either cause you have the social skills of a snail, or you just aren't as hot as you think you are.
  • Options
    I think that can be true sometimes as people may be scared to approach. Possibly worried that the person is arrogant or out of their league. Its good to be confident, but arrogance in the end can be a total turn off! I dont take arrogant people seriously. The thing is everyone has their own idea of what attractive is! Its down to each individuals taste. Personally i prefer someone who is good looking in a quirky way. I wouldnt go for the stereotypically perfect looking person, unless perhaps they had a great personality and seemed like they were really worth knowing! Personality in the end goes further than looks for me. Thats if its not just a fuck! (I do have to say from your user name i would think arrogant! which would put me off! Makes me laugh though! :p ).
  • Options
    with regards to my user name, haha yes it is quite arrogant, but this is the internet where i can be someone i'm not in real life... in reality it takes me months to pluck up the courage to go anywhere with a girl, it's just meeting the girls in the first place i find so hard.
  • Options
    it is true if you have decent looks some girls will try to make it harder for you to get them. But, it also makes it easier to get a girl's attention, however its harder to see if a female just wants you for sex or really wants something.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    usually the people i know who think they're stunning...well, they aren't. .

Exactly. People who think that they are attractive, or even those people who are attractive but know it and act like it just come across as arrogant which is a turn off.
  • Options
    that's just it mist, you assume by that that anyone who is attractive must be arrogant