Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The greatest rock band in the World?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I voted for and mentioned AC/DC...

And Highway to Hell is much better than Black in Black.
  • Options
    I voted for and mentioned AC/DC...

And Highway to Hell is much better than Black in Black.

Apologies. I´m normally too lazy to read every single post that comes before mine as they seem strangely irrelevant compared to the golden nuggets of opinion that I seem to come up with...

They´re both cracking albums, but BIB sold a shitload more.
  • Options
    Update..

I see Queen are having a spurt again. :rolleyes:

1st Queen 75 votes 13.37%
    2nd Pink Floyd 67 votes 11.94%
    3rd Led Zeppelin 47 votes 8.38%

Moving up
    4th AC / DC 46 votes 8.20%

Moving down
    U2

5th= U2/Beatles 32 votes 5.70%
  • Options
    kleefarr wrote:
    Moving down
    U2

And long may it continue. U2 are the shittest, most one-sounding, most boring, whiney load of toss I have ever heard in my life. How them and Coldplay managed to sell more than a record between them is quite beyond me. More interesting (and funny) sounds pass between my arse cheeks.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    :lol: The above is quite true.
  • Options
    After seeing them last night, I can confirm that Gov't Mule are the greatest rock band in the world.

Even if they aren't on that poll thingy :mad:
  • Options
    Zeppelin wooo yeah

Sabbath in second, but they only made one great album, so not that great.
  • Options
    Sabbath in second, but they only made one great album, so not that great.

Sorry? And which one would that be? Paranoid, I´m guessing. Conveniently forgetting the eponymous debut, Master of Reality, Vol. 4 and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath which are all incredible albums.
  • Options
    I love the Beatles, it's one of my really favorite bands but I don't understand why you can vote for them... they're no rock band....
    In fact, i don't quite get what you call a rock band, you can't compare these bands ... Genesis and the Foreigners lol is that rock?!

Eventually I voted for Ten Years After, that's what I call a rock band! If it had been about Hard Rock they my vote would have gone to Ac/Dc :)
  • Options
    Where were Bon Jovi? :yeees:

I appreciate that they're seen as the 'soft' option by a lot of rock fans, but they're still not worse than a lot of the bands on that list...
  • Options
    Peach wrote:
    I love the Beatles,
    Eventually I voted for Ten Years After, :)
    wow ...are you as old as me?
  • Options
    AC/DC gets my vote... (comic book guy voice) best guitar solo's EVER
  • Options
    New Found Glory obviously

hell yer nfg nfg nfg
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    Where were Bon Jovi?.

Being shit somewhere probably.

AC/DC just get better the more I listen to them. I've just recently discovered the joys of their debut album, High Voltage which I still think is only beaten by Back In Black.
  • Options
    Being shit somewhere probably.

Thought someone would say that :yeees: They're still more of a rock band than a lot of bands on that list, regardless of what you think of their music though.
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    Where were Bon Jovi? :yeees:

I appreciate that they're seen as the 'soft' option by a lot of rock fans, but they're still not worse than a lot of the bands on that list...
    Well they did about 2 good songs, but theyre mainly famous for JBJ being a fox
    Theres nothing wrong with that but it doesnt make them in the running for best rock band
  • Options
    Well they did about 2 good songs, but theyre mainly famous for JBJ being a fox
    Theres nothing wrong with that but it doesnt make them in the running for best rock band

The whole concept of a 'good song' is very subjective though.

My point was that there were bands on that list which are not rock bands at all, so why have them on the list and not Bon Jovi who are, regardless of whether you consider it to be 'good' rock or not. Surely for a poll you need most options so you can see who is at the top and who is at the bottom. You can't decide who is the best before you make the poll, otherwise there's no point running it.
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    Thought someone would say that :yeees: They're still more of a rock band than a lot of bands on that list, regardless of what you think of their music though.

Yes, I'm so predictable.

I'd like to know who these other bands are that are so much worse than Bon Jovi.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm so predictable.

I'd like to know who these other bands are that are so much worse than Bon Jovi.

I didn't say they were 'worse', whatever that means. I just said they were less easy to describe as rock bands.
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    I didn't say they were 'worse', whatever that means. I just said they were less easy to describe as rock bands.

Do you really want me to sink to patronising you by defining the word 'worse'?

Let me rephrase it then. What makes Bon Jovi better than all the other bands and take better to mean whatever you want it to mean.

Sell Bon Jovi to me. I want the hard sell.
  • Options
    Sell Bon Jovi to me.

Richie Sambora. I'll put up with a lot to hear that man play.
  • Options
    Do you really want me to sink to patronising you by defining the word 'worse'?

Let me rephrase it then. What makes Bon Jovi better than all the other bands and take better to mean whatever you want it to mean.

I'm not saying they are 'better' either. Like I've already said, I think the idea of 'good' or 'bad' music is subjective. I'm not saying that Bon Jovi are better than other bands on the list, I'm merely asking why they (being a rock band) aren't on that list when other bands (who are less obvious as rock bands) are.
    For instance, I love the Beatles, but I'm not sure they should be on that list, as I wouldn't really consider them as a rock band. On the other hand, I'm not too keen on Queen, but I would be bemused if they weren't on that list too.
    My impression was that it was a general list of rock bands which people could then pick their favourites from. I just didn't really see the point of a list of 'good' rock bands, as then there is not much point in voting as the best have already been decided :confused:
  • Options
    Floyd :)
  • Options
    ART BRUT
  • Options
    Led-Zeppelin. I hate Stairway to Heaven, but Ramble on and Ten years Gone are like the two greatest songs I've ever heard.
  • Options
    Queen :thumb: Freddie Mercury is great
  • Options

sexyJon.jpg

Well Im sold

*swoons*
  • Options
    The Clash of course. I thought this was obvious?
  • Options
    Well Im sold

*swoons*

He quite clearly loves the cock.

Richie Sambora? Pull the other one. You may as well have cited Kurt Cobain as a good guitarist...
  • Options
    Richie Sambora? Pull the other one. You may as well have cited Kurt Cobain as a good guitarist...

Behave yourself! You might not dig him but there was no need for that :p