Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Virgin Megastores

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats virgin megastores like for taking things back. I bought a CD on saturday but im not that keen on it so wanna take it back or at least exchange. The problem is that my reciept has gone walkabouts, the CD howvere still has all the stickers on even the security sticker that stops you opening it. Are they normally leaniant when taking products back.

Comments

• Options
    i would say you would be fine...if you struggle go to a Asdas, they take anything back for refund or exchange without a receipt. its always my backup place if ive ever had to get a refund.
  • Options
    try marys college in durham, kermit will agree its much better
  • Options
    I think you need your receipt for any shop when taking stuff back .... try though.
  • Options
    you could try the old 'I got it as a present' bluff
  • Options
    you could try the old 'I got it as a present' bluff
    Yes. Do that.
  • Options
    Its ok i've found the receipt will i get my money back for sure
  • Options
    If you take a look at the following askTheSite answer...

http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/askthesiteqandas/legalandrightsqandas/trousertrouble

You'll see that you can only be sure to get a refund if something you bought is broken. That's not to say you won't, just that it will be down to whoever serves you and the store's polict - even with a receipt.
  • Options
    you have the receipt. you can bring it back and if you paid cash theyll give you a voucher, if by card the money returns to your account. :thumb: you might as well record it or something :lol: they may take your details too. but you dont need to be honest unless paid by card cos theyll have your details already
  • Options
    see alot of places can tell now if you've burned it - my sainsburys won't take cds back now unless they are faulty and then just exchange them
  • Options
    Generally, the shop isn't obligated to refund anything for you if you don't have a valid reciept. A lot of them won't, because of thieves etc. Shops with security stickers often will however, like virgin megastores, although places like b&q might just give you a store voucher instead.