Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Champions League Final

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
is anyone else as stunned as me....3-3 form 3-0 down against the best defensive team in the world...liverpool just need to keep cool now and sneak that winner...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Oooh beat me by a minute :(

We'll use this one then. Cannot fucking believe it, what a game.
  • Options
    Very exciting :)
  • Options
    I was going to go to the pub to watch it too, except I thought it'd be shite and I couldn't be arsed.

Bollocks.
  • Options
    :shocking: incredible, i just hope it doesn't go to penalties, jerzy has been dodgy all night......
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Good stuff. Not sure how it'll go though ...
  • Options
    fucking ave it! unbelievable.....gerrard was a legend.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    apollo_69 wrote:
    fucking ave it! unbelievable.....

Didn't expect that at all! Well done Liverpool :D

What dances Dudek did in the goal though. How bizarre.

Wonder if they will get to defend it now ..
  • Options
    YES!

Well done Liverpool!

That second Dudek penalty save though... :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    I CANNOT fucking believe it ..... Liverpool are European Champions!!!!!

I take back all i said in previous threads, well done Liverpool. What a result!!!
  • Options
    What dances Dudek did in the goal though. How bizarre.
    Brilliant :D

One of the best football matches I've seen for a long time.
  • Options
    Who did Dudek think he was, Bruce Grobelaar?

Excellent.
  • Options
    Twas a good match.
  • Options
    Unbelievable!
  • Options
    Congratulations Liverpool. No-one fancied them to win the cup but they came out and even at three down they kept their heads up enough to come back and sneak it at the end. Surely UEFA have got to let them play in the competition next season?

A cracking match, which is rare by European Cup standards but again, CONGRATULATIONS LIVERPOOL! England toasts your success!
  • Options
    I spent the whole evening in work doing my best to avoid hearing the score so I could watch it again on ITV when they repeat it. Then I got home, switched on my laptop and a BBC news bulletin sprang up saying Liverpool were champions of Europe. All that effort wasted :-/
  • Options
    What a match.

That is what football is all about.

I watched it in a pub with a Liverpool fan who is my best mate since I was 4. He was in tears. You couldn't have written the script better.

I'm truly happy for them.

Congratulations. From a true Man United fan. :yes:
  • Options
    I think regardless of who you support (except Milan) everyone was willing liverpool on to win once they made the come back. Can honestly say it was the first time I wanted liverpool to win, and probably the last.
    Well done Liverpool.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Who did Dudek think he was, Bruce Grobelaar?

Excellent.
    Your right he did think he was Bruce Grobelaar. I watched it at home so I could hear the interviews after the game. Don't know if you saw Carragher talking to Dudek before the penalties? Dudek said after the game that carragher had told him to do what grobelaar did in a final in 1986 (or sommat?). Was very entertaining to watch and I think his shenanigans on the line and passing the ball to every Milan player had the desired effect.

What a game though, I was devestated at half time because of all the build up and what looked like it was going to be a thrashing. All credit to the scouse, they fought back and after a 2nd half display like that they deserved to win. Another example of a game of 2 halves.

Well Done Liverpool, you've done England proud. Now off to the bookies to collect my winnings :yippe: I just wish I had put the bet on a bit earlier in the tournament.
  • Options
    Speaking of betting, I wonder if any mad scousers put a half-time bet on what they believed was their last 45 minute chance at glory. Bound to be a few hardcore believers who thought it would be worth £20, why not?

They will be raking in an open fortune.
  • Options
    Don't know about half-time, they would have to be pretty crazy to think they would get back into it after the 1st half hammering. I read about a Liverpool fan who got 50-1 quite early on in the tournament, can't remember exactly how much he put on but he was getting quite a few grand back.
  • Options
    I've heard a few punters placed bets at half time backing Liverpool and they got 100-1 odds.

They must be laughing now :D
  • Options
    There is some crazy people about, from the BBC website -
    "Ladbrokes reported that over 100 people backed the Reds at half-time to win - despite them trailing 3-0 - and at odds of 100/1. "
  • Options
    There is some crazy people about, from the BBC website -
    "Ladbrokes reported that over 100 people backed the Reds at half-time to win - despite them trailing 3-0 - and at odds of 100/1. "

Legends!
  • Options
    .....I heard there were odds of 500-1 on Skybet.

What a game, what a win, what a comeback. I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said. It was a pleasure to watch. I've never wanted a team other than Arsenal to win so much before.
  • Options
    in 1986 (or sommat?).

1983. In Rome. Against Roma.

It was the violence against Liverpool fans after this game which sparked the Heysel disaster the following year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a United fan this hurts me to say, but that was the best performance I have seen by any team for as long as I can remember.

Okay from a personal emotional persepctive it doesn't beat 1999 because United only had two minutes left when they came back to win the game, but any team that can come back like that fully deserves the trophy.

One thing I will say though, to Goodfella expecially, is that is how you play in a final ;)
  • Options
    1983. In Rome. Against Roma.

It was the violence against Liverpool fans after this game which sparked the Heysel disaster the following year.
    1010: Bruce Grobbelaar, ex-Liverpool goalkeeper
    I've got a big hangover. Jerzy Dudek was fantastic, he was like a starfish with jelly legs. I heard he was told to remember what I did in 1984 and he did it. He put the first one off and saved two penalties. That must be the most magnificent comeback in the history of the Champions League and hopefully they'll be able to defend it next year.

He's never being a full shilling so he might have got it wrong aswell :-)
  • Options
    Fuck, nah it was me.

Of course it was 1985 when Everton won the league (and United winning the Cup Final denied them a double! :D ). What happened at Heysel meant that they were banned from the Champions Cup and that was the last time (until this year) that they qualified.

For them to possibly be left out this year - again because of Liverpool - would be a disgrace. For that reason alone Everton should get entry even if it means Liverpool miss out.

On that subject, I hear that UEFA are saying today that Liverpool will not be playing in the competition next year because they haven't qualified. For once I actually back them on this.
  • Options
    well if there's a such thing as fate then thats it...btw how the fuck did dudek manage to save those two shots at the end of extra time :confused:
  • Options
    "1983. In Rome. Against Roma.

It was the violence against Liverpool fans after this game which sparked the Heysel disaster the following year."

"What happened at Heysel meant that they were banned from the Champions Cup and that was the last time (until this year) that they qualified.

For them to possibly be left out this year - again because of Liverpool - would be a disgrace. For that reason alone Everton should get entry even if it means Liverpool miss out."

Please explain what relevance that has to Liverpool winning the Champions League final?
  • Options