Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

first timer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really want to smoke weed. But i dont smoke, and i even cough when im around people smoking cigarettes.
I often sit with my mates in their car while they smoke weed and love da feelin i get at the end of the night lol
But i dont know HOW to smoke. I dont wanna ask my mates to like show me lol Will i just kno?? god i cant even believe im asking this question lol
What should i expect soon as i breathe in the first time? If its quite strong weed, how likely is it to make me feel sick or even be sicK??

Comments

• Options
    lexijb wrote:
    I really want to smoke weed. But i dont smoke, and i even cough when im around people smoking cigarettes.
    I often sit with my mates in their car while they smoke weed and love da feelin i get at the end of the night lol
    But i dont know HOW to smoke. I dont wanna ask my mates to like show me lol Will i just kno?? god i cant even believe im asking this question lol
    What should i expect soon as i breathe in the first time? If its quite strong weed, how likely is it to make me feel sick or even be sicK??

First off, you have to make sure you are totally comfortable with these friends, enough to relax and be able to make fun of yourself and the ability that you will all give eachother time and respect etc...nothing worse that people bugging out when around the wrong people. Maybe you would like to try it on your own, so you feel more confident about smoking it.

I would also suggest, steering away from joints your first toke. If your smoking either grass or resin with tobacco, its likely to make you feel sick if you over do it. Especially since you dont smoke.

A pipe or a nice bong will bode well, till you get your bearings. Always remember the worst that can happen is you get really sleepy. But as i recall my first time, i was with my cousin and bestfriend, that anticipation of what was meant to happen..then i burst into giggles. This was down to my comfort with my atmosphere then. So many of my friends, get nervous and what may describes as 'the fear', when you can really feel your heart, heightened paranoia..you want to avoid this, tho it will no doubt happen in some form..try and concentrating on music or how certain things are just more fun and clear.

surroundings+moderation+time=good times.
  • Options
    How come you suddenly want to smoke? Or have you been wanting to for a while?

Do your mates puff?
    Is there someone you fancy who puffs?

Or is it more that life is poissing you off and you wanna escape?

Do you drink much? And how old are you, if you don't mind me asking
  • Options
    lol ...lol ......lol!
  • Options
    if passive smoking makes you ill then don't try it
  • Options
    20, my mates do it all the time.
    Have wanted to try for ages
    i dont cough when im with them smokin weed, only wen some is smoking a cigartte rite next to me..bit odd
    always been told if i ever do stay away from solid lol
  • Options
    lexijb wrote:
    20, my mates do it all the time.
    Have wanted to try for ages
    i dont cough when im with them smokin weed, only wen some is smoking a cigartte rite next to me..bit odd
    always been told if i ever do stay away from solid lol

Nah, dont do that. Not all solid is bad..ive smoked far more resin than grass. Grass doesnt equte to a good high..not all the time.
  • Options
    lol ...lol ......lol!
    ?
  • Options
    Nah, dont do that. Not all solid is bad..ive smoked far more resin than grass. Grass doesnt equte to a good high..not all the time.

This is so far wide of the mark it beggars belief.

Dude, please dont smoke resin. I am willing to bet that 95% of the hash in this country is soap bar, thus full of seriously toxic chemicals.
    Avoid at all costs.

You cant go far wrong with the bud in this country. Its nothing compared to amsterdam, but you can get some nice weed. BeepBeep - you are obviously being sold shite weed buddy, change your dealer if your weed is no good, becauser trust me, theres some amazing stuff about. Currently ive got Shiskhaberry, Bubbleberry and Cheese... All very good strains.

If you are getting schwag, look elsewhere, theres bud all over the shop.

So, back to the thread. Try to avoid solid, and smoke some weed instead.
    But if you cough sitting next to people smoking im afraid you are going to cough so hard you may feel a bit rough. You've gotta take this stuff down to get high geezer!!!

get used to it, but theres only one way to do that... oh, and dont smoke a bong whatever you do!
  • Options
    jayjay620 wrote:
    This is so far wide of the mark it beggars belief.

Dude, please dont smoke resin. I am willing to bet that 95% of the hash in this country is soap bar, thus full of seriously toxic chemicals.
    Avoid at all costs.

You cant go far wrong with the bud in this country. Its nothing compared to amsterdam, but you can get some nice weed.

And of course you could vouch for the fact that the grower of your hydroponic weed knew what was a safe level of fertiliser, and that the herbicide he used was safe to smoke afterwards? Or perhaps you dont.

Some solid does contain unpleasant things, but that doesnt mean all does.
  • Options
    In the past few months I've been smoking some great pollen. I've found it's had a much nicer, more mellow high than the weed I'd otherwise get. So no, not all resin is shitty, just a majority of it.
  • Options
    lexijb wrote:

Obviously everybody is different but to be honest weed has never really done anything for me. the first time i tried it i was expecting to get high as fuck and get the munchies n stuff but nothing really happened, me and my mate tried it for the 1st time together and it didnt really effect either of us, we went to the pub - had a couple of pints, out to the car park, couple of spliffs, then back to the pub. Only thing it did was make us get drunk quicker. Tried it a few other times as well and it didnt do much then either, just made me feel a bit more chilled out, not really stoned or anything, not relaxed or happy, just a bit more easy going and not caring of what was happening around me.
    Dont expect wonderous things to happen, but like i say, everybody is different and will react in different ways. You might react the same as me, you might not react at all, you might get stoned as fuck and have a great time or you might even start deathing, who knows.

As for the 'how to smoke' part, not that i condone it mind, just suck in the smoke from the joint then inhale so it gets sucked into your lungs, then exhale.
  • Options
    lexijb wrote:

What you're saying/asking about smoking isn't really all that uncommon...i remember starting smoking soapbar, and doubting that i was inhaling, because of the shitty effect.

Inhaling is easy, put the joint in your mouth and just suck in. To avoid coughing & spluttering insanely (which is likely lol) you can try sucking the air into your mouth, then slowly taking it down to your lungs.

Grass smoke is nicer than tobacco imho, but tends to be much stronger. You could try buying some fags and smoking them beforehand to avoid looking like a newbie if that worries you.

Smoking brings on the effects pretty much instantly, although it might take a few minutes before you realise quite how fucked you are. Everything should 'trip out' (become brighter, sharper), you'll probably feel strong vibes coming from everything, starting thinking differently etc.

Being sick is pretty common, although personally speaking i reckon the impurities of soapbar played a big part. If it happens, it happens, it's often just a small hurdle at the start of the path.

Good luck anyway :cool: .
  • Options
    Well i smoked weed before i smoke cigarettes and am thankful as because when i smoke cigarettes now it makes me feel ill even though i smoke weed with backy in it...wierd.
    Anyways, so basically id agree with more people here other then to say when i smoke weed it takes a little while before i mellow it, i get the rush straight away but it lasts like 10 15 seconds and like i say it takes 15 - 20 mins before i start to mellow out.
    Depends how much i have etc. Anyways, as for resin generally this just makes me more sleepy and maybe it is chemicals but it feels less harsh to smoke too like smoother on my throat maybe its the chemicals maybe its just good resin who knows.
  • Options
    oh and also make sure you keep it to moderation i know people that spend there week working and then spend their wages on weed. Not the way to go so yeah be careful and live in moderation
  • Options
    mattmoo wrote:
    oh and also make sure you keep it to moderation i know people that spend there week working and then spend their wages on weed. Not the way to go so yeah be careful and live in moderation

Doing too much cannabis makes you slow, dull and boring.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Doing too much cannabis makes you slow, dull and boring.
    excactly, have had two friends recently in relationships who have told me of the strain it has put on their relationships because their bf's are constantly smoking. thats bad.
  • Options
    I've got no problem with people who smoke every now and then, but if you talk to someone who is stoned most of the time its impossible.
  • Options
    Well yes, i can.
    As its not hydroponic.
  • Options
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Well yes, i can.
    As its not hydroponic.

Virtually all the 'skunk' cannabis in the UK will be made using that, but well if you know the grower then thats slightly different.
  • Options

You could always bake some cakes if you're not a smoker.

(by the way, X.beep..beep - I think Morrocan Roll was laughing at me!)

• Options
    Solan wrote:

You could always bake some cakes if you're not a smoker.

(by the way, X.beep..beep - I think Morrocan Roll was laughing at me!)

no ...i was taking the piss out of the thread starter ...lol lol lol ...read it again ...is it just me who finds so many lols in one post bad for my mental health?
  • Options
    Oh yeah... I see what you're saying now... lol
    Phew - glad isn't wasn't me... lol
    Was that paranoia a-knocking at my door?...lol

What a happy bunch we are... we are!
    Oh what a happy bunch we are... lol
    :chin:
  • Options
    Toke Toke The Cheeeeeeeeeeeba!!!!!!
  • Options
    I've tried it a few times, I just get really paranoid. Guess I'm to tense to start with even though I was drinking before hand.
  • Options
    I've gotten used to being stoned all the time. I can still do things while stoned, it dosen't make me sit back and do fuck all.
  • Options
    Just dont overdo it. You'll probably get used to it. ;)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Well, go for it if you feel confident and like the effect.

Don't go overkill - take a few pulls but don't go overkill. Get to your barriers, find how much you can take. Don't want to green out. I am proud to say I haven't yet... seen a couple of mate go, but not me... worst thing was probably trying to bike totally wrecked. Lets just say... "Is that a post?" "Oh, guess so... heheh."

But yeah, take it easy until you find your bearings.
  • Options
    Just bite the bullet and give it a shot mate !!! Go on ,whats the worst that can happen??
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    mikey_1001 wrote:
    whats the worst that can happen??

You shouldn't really be so blatent in encouraging people to take drugs.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    What about drinking it in tea?

Heard some people in another thread suggest it, although having never tried it myself i have no idea what is done.

Any pointers, as i'd like to try the whole skunk-tea thing?

I'm pretty much in the same position as you as i hate smoking.