Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mum read my diary!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
help!!! my mum read my diary! and it had some really private stuff in there like stuff that i've done with ex b/fs ect stuff mums should know about their daughters!
i cant believe she read it, it was hidden under my pillow and said keep out on it why did she do it?
help i'm so angry with her what do i do?
any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    stupid girl.
  • Options
    Moral of the story....don't ever leave anything around anywhere if you don't want people to read it.
  • Options
    Well there isn't anything you actually can do, aside from find a better hiding place or not keep a journal. She read it and that's that. If you're upset you should tell her that she had no right to read your private stuff and turn it around, ask how she would feel if you violated her privacy...

To be honest she might be worried about you since you're only 16. How old were you when you did the things with your ex boyfriend? She may be worried about you growing up etc and not know how to approach the subject with you.
  • Options
    What do you want us to do about it? OK, I won't be nasty; but honestly, what did you expect? My mum searches through my drawers even when I'm in the house (albeit not in the room) but she does it, she searches everywhere, even my schoolbag. Next time hide your private stuff so well the bitch will never find it (even if it does say "Keep Out" on it)
  • Options
    My mum has a habit of still going through my stuff. Nowt much to find though as I've learnt me lesson in the past when she found private stuff of mine.

My mum odesn't actually mean any harm. Just a nosey cow. haha

how did you find out she read your diary? did she tell ya? or did you find it laid open somewhere that you obviously didn't leave it?
  • Options
    you should of had a better hiding place for it
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    My mum searches through my drawers

Eww.

Oh wait.
  • Options
    Buy a safe box.

That's what I did when my sister read my diary.

I don't use it for that anymore cause my diary isn't that interesting anymore.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Give her a slap.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Buy a safe box.

That's what I did when my sister read my diary.

I don't use it for that anymore cause my diary isn't that interesting anymore.
    Yeah right! Your diary should have an 18 rating on it :razz:
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    Yeah right! Your diary should have an 18 rating on it :razz:
    Not true.

I rarely update it.
  • Options
    Um.. my mom never goes through my stuff as she knows she would get it, i mean.. all my letters or secret stuff isnt hidden heard but i know if someone has been in my room or near the secret stuff,

Confront her, Ask her why she did it and ask her if she has that little respect for you, if she did she wouldnt read it.
  • Options
    Under a pillow? Lame..

Just tell your mum that your annoyed she breached your privacy..and explain you aren't her "little girl" and leave an active sex life tbh. I'm sure you can handle it...somehow..
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    You should find a better hiding place. That one was so obvious it wasn't funny. Sorry, but seriously. Try inside a speaker, or my fave I use for pot, a hollwed out computer CDROM drive. No internals, off comes the glued bezel so it looks real, out coem the joy.

Be imaginative, if unlike me, your PC has no case windows, slip off the case side for stashing junk.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Was I the only one to laugh at "I hid it under my pillow" ?
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    Was I the only one to laugh at "I hid it under my pillow" ?
    :no: lol.

Even I had a better hiding place than that. When my sister read mine it was at a point when I'd been writing in it and I had to go and do something half way through. Totally not my fault ;(.
  • Options
    :no: lol.

Even I had a better hiding place than that. When my sister read mine it was at a point when I'd been writing in it and I had to go and do something half way through. Totally not my fault ;(.
    own-ed
  • Options
    I'm lucky no-one's ever seen the content of my diaries. My god, there are things about me that, if you knew about them, would shock you. Anyway, enough about my scribblings. In future, hide your diaries in a more covert place.
  • Options
    like that you had sex... SEVERAL TIMES!! ?

:p
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    like that you had sex... SEVERAL TIMES!! ? :p
    Actually, I was referring to events that happened a few years ago, not my romping of recent.
  • Options
    I wonder what the original poster had in her diary hahaha thats funny
  • Options
    It's what a lot of parents do. It's a horrible invasion of privacy, but its really human nature to be nosy I think, especially when its your own children.

Be calm and polite, and tell her how upset you are that she's breached your trust. And then hide your diary in a better place.
  • Options
    Why keep a diary?
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    Why keep a diary?

^^
  • Options
    stop moaning.

my mum has taken my mobile, trying to stop me from having anything to do with my boyfriend, threatening to throw me out, and thats not the half of it.

my mother and her boyfiend want me in a psyhciatric unit too.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Actually, I was referring to events that happened a few years ago, not my romping of recent.

You know thats not true, you're only 12, interested in jumping and running about outside.

You dont have to act the 'big man' we know you're small and we dont mind.
  • Options
    stop moaning.

my mum has taken my mobile, trying to stop me from having anything to do with my boyfriend, threatening to throw me out, and thats not the half of it.

It's not a competition...
  • Options

It's probably for the best.. :razz:

The original poster: to be fair, you were asking for it hiding it under your pillow. I presume your mum washes your bed covers, in which case - what did you expect??
  • Options
    It's not a competition...
    i didn't think it was...just a little rant...

sorry.
  • Options
    i didn't think it was...just a little rant...

sorry.

I'm not having a go, it just seems pretty harsh to tell someone to stop moaning when she's just after a bit of advice.