Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

BNP Adds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I saw them and the radio add, and I couldnt beleive how shit it was, the radio add especialy, it started with the Big man Nick G talking about white people being the victims of racist attacks and then a 5 minuett folk song that was shit. Same with the TV add a shit folk sone and following a tramp around.

Frankly I was expecting more from them, at least an explanation of their susposid policies a few of their facts and figures, trying to appear resonable.

Comments

• Options
    I saw the TV ad last night, compelling in a shockingly 'what are they doing?' kind of way.

Completely over looking the reasons for homelessness of course, and for alcohol and drug abuse.

And if I got their drift right he had left the Army, shouldn't they attack the Army for not looking after him rather than immigrants who, we're told, stole his house.
  • Options
    I know the "freedom of expression" campaigners are going to jump at this but the BNP should not be allowed any airtime, regulations or not.

Fuck the cunts.
  • Options
    It was on TV? I really wanted to see this what time and channel was it on?
  • Options
    It was on TV? I really wanted to see this what time and channel was it on?

At 7.55pm on Channel Four, after the news.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I know the "freedom of expression" campaigners are going to jump at this but the BNP should not be allowed any airtime, regulations or not.

Fuck the cunts.

The adage 'give them enough rope...' certainly applied to this actually mate. There was a section with their leader talking at what looked like, well a sterotypical BNP rally, it didnt come off well.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Why?

seeker
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Fuck the cunts.

Well they should be allowed banninga political party because "I dont agree"
    isnt a good way to go,

A lot of things pollitically correct lefties say in relation to this in my opinion plays in to the BNP's hands.

On the radio add they were (before the shitty folk song) pointing out that white people have been victims of rasict attacks as well.

Dening this fact or refusing to debate it or saying its "not the issue"
    plays in to the hands of the BNP it alinates people.
  • Options
    In my opinion (and I know that I'm practically alone in this, but I can't help feeling this way) the BNP is a unique case in British politics and they deserve censure/broadcasting restrictions at the least.

It is not a question of banning those we don't agree with- there are parties, individuals or policies I profoundly disagree with but I would not dream of banning them- Kilroy for instance.

But the BNP is different. The BNP is a racist party. They incite racial hatred and smearing. They promote hatred and prejudice towards others.

That's why I believe they should be censored. And before someone says ''today the fascists, tomorrow the communists, and the next day they'll come for you'', it doesn't need to be that way at all. There is a difference between the BNP and the rest of the political parties in this country, even right wing ones which might have some similar policies. A line can- and should- be drawn.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    In my opinion (and I know that I'm practically alone in this, but I can't help feeling this way) the BNP is a unique case in British politics and they deserve censure/broadcasting restrictions at the least.

It is not a question of banning those we don't agree with- there are parties, individuals or policies I profoundly disagree with but I would not dream of banning them- Kilroy for instance.

But the BNP is different. The BNP is a racist party. They incite racial hatred and smearing. They promote hatred and prejudice towards others.

That's why I believe they should be censored. And before someone says ''today the fascists, tomorrow the communists, and the next day they'll come for you'', it doesn't need to be that way at all. There is a difference between the BNP and the rest of the political parties in this country, even right wing ones which might have some similar policies. A line can- and should- be drawn.

OK so you want to set the precident that only a racist party can be banned but what ever other views are OK,

Well firstly racism, the BNP willl say there not racist they just regognise the difference between races, so they have policies that differentiate on race.

But s do all parties the black police officers accosiation for example differentiates on race , so would any attempt to tackle black on black gun crime, so almost any party could be banned.

However you talk round it It does set the precident that you can ban a political view cause you dont like their belifes, as oposed to banning them because they use violence
  • Options
    If traditional politicians went out and actually engaged with people in the areas where the BNP has support then their vote would go down.

Most of their voters aren't deeply racist, they just want a party that 'tells it like it is' that wants action.
  • Options
    OK so you want to set the precident that only a racist party can be banned but what ever other views are OK,

Well firstly racism, the BNP willl say there not racist they just regognise the difference between races, so they have policies that differentiate on race.

But s do all parties the black police officers accosiation for example differentiates on race , so would any attempt to tackle black on black gun crime, so almost any party could be banned.

However you talk round it It does set the precident that you can ban a political view cause you dont like their belifes, as oposed to banning them because they use violence
    Not because I don't like their beliefs, but because they are commiting a crime.

Inciting racial hatred is a crime in this country. Only of course they will word the filth they spout so they can claim they weren't inciting anything... But the fact remain that they still are shit-stirring racists. And that is not legal in this country. They should count themselves extremely lucky they are allowed to exist in the first place.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    The adage 'give them enough rope...' certainly applied to this actually mate. There was a section with their leader talking at what looked like, well a sterotypical BNP rally, it didnt come off well.

That was brilliant! He had some proper 'goons' standing around trying to look like professional bodyguards :D
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Fuck the cunts.
    A typical left-wing comment if I may say so. Frightened by democracy, you're just as anti-democractic as the BNP, the only difference is you're at the other end of the political spectrum. In my mind theres hardly any difference between you. You both pay lip service to democratic ideals.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Not because I don't like their beliefs, but because they are commiting a crime.

Inciting racial hatred is a crime in this country. Only of course they will word the filth they spout so they can claim they weren't inciting anything... But the fact remain that they still are shit-stirring racists. And that is not legal in this country. They should count themselves extremely lucky they are allowed to exist in the first place.

Its not legal if I pay half my current taxes does that mean a party should be banned if they propose reducing taxes. If they were the government they can change the law so it becomes legal.

The key point would be who makes the decision on what legal grounds, racism cause "everybody knows their racist" well thats not a legal reason, are you proposing handing Tony blaire the power to ban a party at the stroke of his pen, is that the precident you realy want to set, I could make a god argument that the tory party is racist so ban them as well.

So what would be your legal definition and who decides.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    A typical left-wing comment if I may say so. Frightened by democracy, you're just as anti-democractic as the BNP, the only difference is you're at the other end of the political spectrum. In my mind theres hardly any difference between you. You both pay lip service to democratic ideals.

What on Earth do you know about his political leanings?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    What on Earth do you know about his political leanings?
    More than you sonny jim. You lot of posters with your left-wing ranst & dogma make me reach for my sick bag, hypocrites the lot of you, who wouldn't know democracy if it was staring you in the face. You're not much different to the BNP in my view with your incessant anti-democratic ravings.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    More than you sonny jim. You lot of posters with your left-wing ranst & dogma make me reach for my sick bag, hypocrites the lot of you, who wouldn't know democracy if it was staring you in the face. You're not much different to the BNP in my view with your incessant anti-democratic ravings.

Sorry, I didn't realise you had undertaken extensive study of us as a group.

Some of us are indeed left leaning (myself not really included) but what has that to do with it?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

Which lot is that?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Some of us are indeed left leaning (myself not really included) but what has that to do with it?
    Leanings.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Leanings.

What?
  • Options
    :confused:
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:

Fuck off.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:

Fuck off.
    I don't think such abusive language should be allowed on this forum. Its not very polite lamp boy.
  • Options
    Never you mind attacking easy targets Ill repeat my previous post anybody who thinkis the adds should be banned answer my question.

Its not legal if I pay half my current taxes does that mean a party should be banned if they propose reducing taxes. If they were the government they can change the law so it becomes legal.

The key point would be who makes the decision on what legal grounds, racism cause "everybody knows their racist" well thats not a legal reason, are you proposing handing Tony blaire the power to ban a party at the stroke of his pen, is that the precident you realy want to set, I could make a god argument that the tory party is racist so ban them as well.

So what would be your legal definition and who decides.
  • Options
    I dont think it should have been banned, the advert was an excellent advert against themselves.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I don't think such abusive language should be allowed on this forum. Its not very polite lamp boy.
    I don't think slander is allowed either. You better retract your suggestion that there is hardly a difference between me and the BNP, spoilt child.

Or you can fuck off.
  • Options
    I didn't specify any individuals lamp boy.
  • Options
    Its a lot easier telling some one to fuck off rather than answering taxing questions about your belifs isnt it.
  • Options
    Oh yes you did spoilt child.

Check out the meaning of 'you' in a dictionary.
  • Options
    Its a lot easier telling some one to fuck off rather than answering taxing questions about your belifs isnt it.
    What taxing questions would those be?