Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how come girls never approach...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Maybe it's a case of practice makes perfect?

Its a case of simple human understanding . . . it doesn't matter how hot some one is - to know someone finds you attractive is nice . . . they're gonna feel flattered whether they show it to you or not.

Secondly people like confident people - they tend to be magnetic and if you're enjoying yourself and have a good time it will rub off on others.

Thirdly if people see you having a good time - they're gonna want to spend time with you and share in that

Fourthly people are suckers (ok this ones more cynical . . . but true) make them laugh or find some way to give them an innocent compliment - if you make someone feel good about themselves they're gonna want to spend time with you, its simple human nature, just don't go overboard.

No one gets everyone they go for, maybe not even most of the people they go for but you can still have fun along the way . . .even if you don't pull - you meet someone new, maybe make a new friend . . . whatever its all fun and games.
  • Options
    The only tip I'd give about this is: compliment people, but don't go overboard. Notice for example the reaction when a few months back I went round the boards flirting with other female members. I couldn't help but notice so many different reactions. Or when earlier this year, I met up with someone I'd got to know on the Internet. I told her she was beautiful - whilst she said "thank you Danny!", a side of her blushed. I think it might have, in a sense, been a little intimidating. So, be nice, but not too nice, if you know what I mean! ;)

Oh yes, and confidence is a great thing. Confidence breeds more confidence, which breeds more confidence, which breeds... ah well, you get the idea!
  • Options
    Hi guys,

I too have never been approached and don't have much confidence in approaching girls myself, although I will do it. I think, over time, the whole relationship thing may revolutionise and people might end up just not bothering. Is this why we see huge amounts of dating agencies these days and an increasing amount of single people perhaps? Why waste all that time and effort on fighting a losing battle (chatting up girls) when you may be on to a loser form the start? You could just be getting on with your life and reaping rewards from other more feasible things.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    The only tip I'd give about this is: compliment people, but don't go overboard. Notice for example the reaction when a few months back I went round the boards flirting with other female members. I couldn't help but notice so many different reactions. Or when earlier this year, I met up with someone I'd got to know on the Internet. I told her she was beautiful - whilst she said "thank you Danny!", a side of her blushed. I think it might have, in a sense, been a little intimidating. So, be nice, but not too nice, if you know what I mean! ;)

Oh yes, and confidence is a great thing. Confidence breeds more confidence, which breeds more confidence, which breeds... ah well, you get the idea!

Approaching people on the Net? Doesn't take much confidence really...

But anyway, girls do approach guys, just not as much as guys approach girls. Just depends on the situation and the girl.
  • Options
    Hockster wrote:
    Hi guys,

I too have never been approached and don't have much confidence in approaching girls myself, although I will do it. I think, over time, the whole relationship thing may revolutionise and people might end up just not bothering. Is this why we see huge amounts of dating agencies these days and an increasing amount of single people perhaps? Why waste all that time and effort on fighting a losing battle (chatting up girls) when you may be on to a loser form the start? You could just be getting on with your life and reaping rewards from other more feasible things.

Nope, men will always approach girls and people will always have relationships. But you're onto something there, sort the rest of your life out and become successful and the girls will follow. Don't make girls the focus of your life, otherwise it'll never happen!
  • Options
    Simple, if you want people to approach you, look approachable.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    This thread is rather reminding me of an episode of Faking It shown recently. This guy was told, in a confidence boosting exercise, to go into a trendy bar in the centre of London, go up to some girls you could safely define as hot, (!) and convince them he was a magician. Not only did he manage it, but he's now far more confident with women. Maybe it's a case of practice makes perfect?

Did this guy have a TV camera with him by any chance, now thats a good way to approach women.
  • Options
    dude ya just ugly accept it.

no on a serious note, girls are a pain in the ass for this but like someone mentioned i think there is a few that will make the first move i just wish everyone was liek that
    .matt
  • Options
    Nope, men will always approach girls and people will always have relationships. But you're onto something there, sort the rest of your life out and become successful and the girls will follow. Don't make girls the focus of your life, otherwise it'll never happen!

An interesting point. You mention to become sucessful and then the girls will follow, isn't this indicative that they will only go for the guys that 'have it all' though? I would prefer for a girl to like me for me rather than like me for what I surround myself with. Besdies, my life has been very sucessful and I have lots going for me, hasn't really made much difference though!
  • Options
    hey,

Listen im no cassanova, but trust me when you are looking to pull/meet whatever, its all about confidence. Women fear rejection just as much as men yet we are meant to be the stronger sex so fair do's we have to just go out there and make the effort.

The attitude i allways take is to be confident, polite, friendly find a way of getting chatting to the girl. What i always think is 'Im making the effort to come talk to you, im a nice enough bloke, you would be stupid to turn me down' With that confident stance your bound to get somewhere even if you get rejected there are plenty more girls out there and i can guarantee one would respond more positive. If you get rejected badly by her taking the piss just be a gent walk away and maybe she will feel bad.

Girls love to be complemented when im chatting i allways try and compliment neutral things like 'car, choice of holiday etc.' You need to act friendly with them at first if you going to get anywhere with them. Show interest in what shes saying women love to be listened to! You just need to be open friendly and chatty and if you ask for her number say it like she wont turn you down!

Think about it your dad prob asked your mum out he had to be confident to do that so everyone should have the ability in there genes to be confident.

At the end of the day if you see a fit girl and think 'oh shes prob got a boyfriend' DONT MAKE EXCUSES, she may not have and if you try and fail at least you can say you tried, get out there and do it otherwise you will get nowhere!

Girls am i right?
  • Options
    i dont know about other girls but i just could not stand the rejection...i feel for you guys!
  • Options
    j0ey0ey wrote:
    ok personallly for me.. unless its someone insanely attractive i never come on first... im physically attractive and i like catching their eye if they are staring when im not looking.. they turn their heads prtty fast :)... OK now anyways... see ok this is how my situations are usually are:

a girl sees you..
    they think that your attractive and start displaying subconcious body language
    tell their friends how much they like u
    tends to shy away from eye contact
    *ok so now i get the point*
    so i wait for the girl to approach me....
    *a month or two later*
    still no frikn approaching... just the same body signals conversations but varied

i see this as this... girls can send messages to a guy that they want him.... and the guy picks it up.. the guy approaches her or not.... but ultimately... girls have the grasp and final say of every greeting or acceptance... generally speaking
    cause they think there better than men well most do otherwise there to up them selfs to do it
  • Options
    melodie wrote:
    I don't agree, i'm the opposite, if I like a guy, if he seems to be flirting with me and likes me back........ I just go over and either a) chat or b) when i'm drunk, grab and kiss!!!!
    I wish more girls would be as direct as you. I'm hopeless at picking up on body language, and if I did I wouldn't know how to chat up a girl.
  • Options
    Hockster wrote:
    Hi guys,

I agree. I've pretty much given up all hope of finding a girlfreind. i just think chatting up girls takes far too much effort for very little reward.
  • Options
    maybe, thats why you dont have a girlfriend if girls arnt worth the effort...
  • Options
    I think making the 1st move is hard for guys and girls no1 likes to be rejected... I had a chrush on my boyfriend since the 1st time i heard him speak but I waited 5mths for him to make the 1st move i'd rather keep my dignity than risk it .. but thank god he did
  • Options
    Girls can do! Sometimes its the girl, sometimes its the guy... sometimes it can even be a bit of both... all about who has the most confidence really isnt it?
  • Options
    Yeh confidence does play a big part in it all, but i do still think its largely down to us guys to make the first move.