Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

homophobia

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pathetic!
  • Options
    ^Not really
    i've got 11 hotmail accounts that doesnt mean nothing.
  • Options
    and what would i want 2 logins for
  • Options
    brian40 wrote:
    :wave: iam gay and i just whant to die becuse of homathober i just fell so alone andi want to end my life at high school all i here is ther is that gay :banghead:
    Wink n Blow them kisses tht'll piss em off!!!! :lol:

I do it when am playin footy to wind up the oponent :D

i'm a bit homophobic mysel, dnt know why! but i know this will anoy the people calling u names! try it at least once............ worth a try! lolol
  • Options
    Stephen Fry said that when he was teased at school, he said "Please stop. You're giving me an erection!" ..... and that would scare them off! Lol!
  • Options
    On the topic of the two Brians-

What is the chance of 2 gay Brians, interested in computers from Wishaw with the same day and month of birth registering at the same time and also their last activity was:

Brian 40 - 8.41pm
    Brian4830 - 8.46pm

I mean what are the odds!!!!

*Brian40 - just because you can have two hotmail and also thesite doesnt require a birth certificate to put their D.O.B. in - people do lie you know*
  • Options
    OK guys, I think we've done enough detective work for now. Let's just stick to the point in question - like Jim said, regardless of the authenticity of this poster, the advice is still useful. Lots of people will just be reading these boards and going through similar issues, so if the advice is there it can help them.
  • Options
    TBH i haven't experienced much homophobia or biphobia, since i came out as bi. But then thats probably bcause i've only told those who i think wouldn't judge me. How did these kids at school find out?
  • Options
    zooby wrote:
    Wink n Blow them kisses tht'll piss em off!!!! :lol:

I do it when am playin footy to wind up the oponent :D

i'm a bit homophobic mysel, dnt know why! but i know this will anoy the people calling u names! try it at least once............ worth a try! lolol

I serious advise against this. Provoking them like that will make the bullying worse. I knew I was gay before turning 13, and came out at 15 in school. I got a hell of a lot of shit for it but I just carried on being myself and ignored it and eventually people started to come to terms with it. I lost a lot of "so called friends" but they never really were friends, because they didn't accept me for who I am.

Be proud of who you are and just ignore anything they do or say, and you can always report them to the school head teacher or whatever, as homophobia I'm pretty sure is illegal as it is. Just carry on being yourself and that should show them that you're just as normal as everyone else, and being gay means nothing more than a preference, if they come round and start talking to you then great! If not it's their loss, and they never really were your friends anyway...
  • Options
    spanner wrote:
    OK guys, I think we've done enough detective work for now. Let's just stick to the point in question - like Jim said, regardless of the authenticity of this poster, the advice is still useful. Lots of people will just be reading these boards and going through similar issues, so if the advice is there it can help them.

okay...
    & as always... wise words ;)
  • Options
    in high school you get a hard time for being gay, but if you go to uni everyone will want to be your friend, especially women.
    all the gay blokes i know are massively popular and have crowds of women followers. sorry i know its a sweeping generalisation...just only know popular gay guys,who funnily enough,all got bullied at school too.
  • Options
    Hey, i thought i'd write here because my dillema is relating to being gay and homophobia. Well here i go:
    I think i might be gay and i don't really know what to do. I've been feeling this for sometime and i've tried to deny it within myself because i come from quite a strict family who openly feel that homosexuals are wrong. I've never believed this. I believe that you should respect a person for who they are and not by what sexuality they are but i am not so sure other people will feel this way about me. I have tried asking my mates what they think about gay ppl- because i dont want to tell some1 who ends up thinking i am sick or whateva. Most of my friends have said they are o.k about it but then upon finding out that some1 was gay in our school, they were very quick in bitching about them and calling them things like "queer". Has any1 ever been through this situation or does any1 have any advice for me. Thanks
    luv lou
    p.s. im not even sure in myself that i am gay so i'm quite confused lol
  • Options
    i think it makes sense what jim v said

give the advice regardless, and those who may come in here after searching google for genuine advice, will be able to get it
  • Options
    Hey, i thought i'd write here because my dillema is relating to being gay and homophobia. Well here i go:
    I think i might be gay and i don't really know what to do. I've been feeling this for sometime and i've tried to deny it within myself because i come from quite a strict family who openly feel that homosexuals are wrong. I've never believed this. I believe that you should respect a person for who they are and not by what sexuality they are but i am not so sure other people will feel this way about me. I have tried asking my mates what they think about gay ppl- because i dont want to tell some1 who ends up thinking i am sick or whateva. Most of my friends have said they are o.k about it but then upon finding out that some1 was gay in our school, they were very quick in bitching about them and calling them things like "queer". Has any1 ever been through this situation or does any1 have any advice for me. Thanks
    luv lou

my advice would be don't come out to anyone unless you are sure of what you are yourself. if you want to try and explore your sexuality with someone, find someone you feel safe with who won't judge you. sometimes counselling can be a helpul way of figuring out feelings. but, remember sometimes labels arn't really that helpful - there are quite a few people who don't fit neatly into a catagory. you will always find people who are homophobic: it's just part of society, along with many other prejudices. if you experience it, the best thing you can do, although it will probably hurt - is just to try and ignore it. but, if your friends, already like you for who you are - they shouldn't change their minds, just because you are gay.
  • Options
    luv lou

when i told my frends ther wher shoked but ok with it so if you are gay tell you frends at first and se what happens