Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

drugs are for mugs

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the biggest mistake many people seem to be making is talking about happiness and drugs in the same sentence.
    i've taken drugs for pleasure but have never been deluded enough to think tehy might also bring me happiness.
    some of you need to wake up.
    i don't realy have to explain the difference between pleasure and happiness do i?

I find pleasure as a form of happiness. I guess misconstruing happiness is kind of what I did, sorry.
    I've noticed that I'm not nessisarily pleasured or happy, but I'm very content. That's probably the best word that I can use to describe my experiances. My drugs of choice are by far opiates, althought I do enjoy a puff of the odd bud.

I'm sure some of you may remember my thread on Heroin about a year ago. Both bong and roll answered my questions very thouroghly. Since then I've been dabbling in opiates and synthetic opioids. I can say that I'm not nessisarily addicted, but if it's there, I'm gonna take it.
    I'm definately anti-social when I've ingested what I've had, but I have been in complete bliss and at the time, I had the best quality sleep I've ever had.
    I don't know what happiness is, and I've tried to achieve it, but I'm content with being content.
  • Options
    You always say things exactly right rolly, I don't use drugs for happiness, I use them for pleasure and fun, I don't say to myself " oh, i'm sad, let's smoke a joint".
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    I don't say to myself " oh, i'm sad, let's smoke a joint".
    i have been known to mate and feel sure i will again ...
    but thats not the point.
    happiness never came in a bottle or a powder or a leaf ...for anyone ...ever.
    chemical moments of bliss maybe ...joy and laughter ...bemused wonderment comfortable forgetfulness ...but never happiness.
    happiness is something that comes and goes with the beat of your heart ...and the hearts of others.
  • Options
    i have been known to mate and feel sure i will again ...
    but thats not the point.
    happiness never came in a bottle or a powder or a leaf ...for anyone ...ever.
    chemical moments of bliss maybe ...joy and laughter ...bemused wonderment comfortable forgetfulness ...but never happiness.
    happiness is something that comes and goes with the beat of your heart ...and the hearts of others.

That's very true. Cheers!