Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Question about X

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would anyone here happen to be able to tell me about a pill called the morning star? Its color is a light green with darker green specks and it has an outlined star stamped into the surface. I am unable to find it on the internet to check its stats. I would much rather know what I am consuming before I go off into a trip. If anybody has any info it would be much appreciated.
thanks
mtman989 :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    question

Imthinking about trying X but im kinda scared.. Do you think if i only take half a pill ill be ok and not die :heart: Amy
  • Options
    mtman989 wrote:
    Would anyone here happen to be able to tell me about a pill called the morning star? Its color is a light green with darker green specks and it has an outlined star stamped into the surface. I am unable to find it on the internet to check its stats. I would much rather know what I am consuming before I go off into a trip. If anybody has any info it would be much appreciated.
    thanks

do you usually take white pills...just because they're coloured doesn't mean there's anything special or different in them...it's usually for show...i say take them as long as you're getting them off a reliable dealer and you know your limits.
  • Options
    21qtpie21 wrote:
    Imthinking about trying X but im kinda scared.. Do you think if i only take half a pill ill be ok and not die :heart: Amy

i found that strangly amusing...well half a pill is the best recomendation for first time users...same as above...get reliable source and be in good company...there was a thread done on this already...i think i read somewhere that there's a 50,000-1 chance of taking an allergic reaction to MDMA which might result in death...never even came into my mind when i first tried it...it does put some off but most take the risk which if you think about it...is seriously low but a risk all the same...
  • Options
    judging from the times you guys are posting at and the fact that you refer to it as 'X', im assuming you're american...

the likelyhood of you dying from taking half a pill is minimal compared to many everyday actions you take for granted...

the real danger with any type of amphetamine is its implications forn those with latant or hereditary mental health issues. if anyone in your family has suffered from any form of moderate or severe depression, or in particular schiezophrenia then i would seriously think twice...

turloughs point is a good one..try to find a reliable dealer if you do decide to do that...but keep in mind thats a relative term...some dealers might be good on the whole but remember that when it comes down to it they'll sell what they've got.

If i am right and you're american, you can buy EZ test kit (that helps you find out how pure your pill is) kits on the internet. Keep in mind these will not tell you how much (dose wise) MDMA is in there and will not specifically tell you what unwanted adulterants (stuff that CAN be cut into tablets) are there, only that they are in there.

If you do decide to take it, be with someone who knows what you are doing, take half and wait ideally an hour before you take the other half. And please resist the temptation to do more than one on your first go, its not a very good idea. Oh, and if nothing happens and you think you've been sold a dud, DO NOT just neck another one; you dont know what that dud is doing to you...leave it for another day if nothing happens...

Drink water steadily (regularly sip about a pint of water or fruit juice every hour) and if you're dancing take regular breaks...and if your mate tells you to take five, even if you dont fell like it listen to them...they can probably see what you cant...<EDIT>also keep in mind that drinking and rest is not an antedote to X, its an antedote to dancing and physically active running around, be mindful of how you feeling...its easy to get lost in the moment on E.</EDIT>

take care :thumb:
  • Options
    Good advice Martin except that shite about a 'pint an hour' you cant be as prescriptive as that at all, everyone is different.

Just take sips of water when you get thirsty.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    You could have a look at theSite's information sheets, on Ecstacy , Can Ecstacy Kill, E and holes in the brain.
  • Options
    mtman989 wrote:
    thanks

Batches are changing all the time, you can't know the quality of a pill from looking at it...

But, you can get a test kit which might give you a rough idea.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Good advice Martin except that shite about a 'pint an hour' you cant be as prescriptive as that at all, everyone is different.

Just take sips of water when you get thirsty.

The pint an hour stuff isn't really shite, if it gets the message across to drink no more than that an hour.
  • Options
    Good advice Martin except that shite about a 'pint an hour' you cant be as prescriptive as that at all, everyone is different

i did use the term 'about' to qualify that BTW :yeees:

and im sticking by that due to the fact that...oh shit hang on (check out the edit and i'll show you where i went wrong, i think i cut it out and pasted it into to something else...)
  • Options
    You do need to be more careful in the US too, very high prices mean that other drugs are put into pills which they are not here.

Substances such as DXM and methamphetamine do turn up every now and then, and there have been some pills with research chemicals in too, most notibly 5-meo-dipt.
  • Options
    see i thought about posting this but i wasnt enitrely sure, does E generally go for the same price a Meth?
  • Options
    i did use the term 'about' to qualify that BTW :yeees:

and im sticking by that due to the fact that...oh shit hang on (check out the edit and i'll show you where i went wrong, i think i cut it out and pasted it into to something else...)

It was advice which was given out to clubbers ages ago but is now widely regarded as useless.
  • Options
    see i thought about posting this but i wasnt enitrely sure, does E generally go for the same price a Meth?

Methamphetamine is just far more available there than MDMA.

With pills going for upwards of $20 and the oral dose of methamphetamine being 40mg, that means a lot of money per gram of meth.
  • Options
    Does it look like this?

1214_lg_star.jpg

If so, they're around in LA. It has MDMA and Pseudoephedrine in. (Pseudoephedrine is a prescribed drug for colds and unblocking noses. It can cause hallucinations which could be why they mix it in.) That one that was tested did anyhow.

As it's been said so many times on these boards, all ecstacy pills will be different. There are many variations of every pill. Just because they are a pretty colour or have a pretty stamp on them it doesn't mean they'll be better than a plain white one.

To 21qtpie21 I had a whole one the first time I dropped and am glad I didn't do half. If you're going to do it, why pussyfoot around? But that's me. Do whatever you feel comfortable with. You're more likely to get hit by lightening than die from ecstacy. If you're allergic to it you usually just puke it up and it's over. So yeah, take what you feel comfortable with and have a bottle of water tucked away somewhere safe :)

Hope that helped :thumb:
  • Options
    no i think the sentiment was quite good actually, just the way it was presented was shite... for these reasons...

i know that certainly when i was fizzing myself stupid on E that sometimes while dancing i'd just get lost in the moment and not pay attention to anything but the buzz. The last guy i saw go down at raindance was sweating like a bastard and his mates had been on at him to drink for ages and he was so fucked and peaking that he wouldnt listen.

now i think that seeing as drug use is so highly individualised that at some point that you have to have some sort of standard but adaptable advice...

it doesnt have to be prescriptive if its made clear that its an extremely relative amount...its just that you need something to anchor your idea to...

the only thing i might say is that seeing as most people drink bottled water (usually 500ml, a pint is 550) that it might be better to say roughly 500ml but listen to your body...its not too high an anchor or too low...with an emphasis on individuals being suss to their own situation i dont think its that invalid

the problem with the original wording was that is presented the idea that water was an antedote to E thats what was wrong with it...
  • Options
    If you're allergic to it you usually just puke it up and it's over.

absolute rubbish, completely 100% wrong and misleading..

have you even met anyone who's allergic to MDMA?
  • Options

No I can't say I have then. I know people who are just sick everytime they swallow one because they're body rejects it. I was told that would be the worse thing to happen. Obviously that's wrong, I apologise.

What can happen?
  • Options

People can be allergic too it, and the result is as you say very different from just puking it up.
  • Options
    Hemisphere wrote:
    If so, they're around in LA. It has MDMA and Pseudoephedrine in. (Pseudoephedrine is a prescribed drug for colds and unblocking noses. It can cause hallucinations which could be why they mix it in.) .

I hate to be picky but thats actually quite wrong, any form of ephadrine is not hallucinogenic in any way. Its a low form of speed, comparable with caffine really.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I hate to be picky but thats actually quite wrong, any form of ephadrine is not hallucinogenic in any way. Its a low form of speed, comparable with caffine really.

"What side effects can this medication cause?
    Although side effects from pseudoephedrine are not common, they can occur. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

nervousness
    restlessness
    dizziness
    difficulty sleeping
    upset stomach

If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

difficulty breathing
    fast or irregular heartbeat
    muscle weakness
    palpitations
    tremors
    hallucinations
    "

That's why I said it. Plus I did only say 'could be why'.
  • Options
    yeah thats (i think we agreed didnt we Bong?) what im taking at the moment at raves, its legal and its shite but it does give you a bit of a jolt... best thing about it is, it doesnt quite 'peak' if you can call it that for about 4-5 hours after ingestion, so just when you're really tired it'll pick you up slightly...

an allergic reaction to anything is possible...the only thing is that this myth was put out by misguided drug education everywhere...the likelyhood of you being allergic to any type of amphetamine is certainly not worth the couverage it got or how many people people percieve it as a great risk?

it IS directly comparable with anything else you DONT know you're allergic to in terms of risk...
  • Options
    OK, I will change my advice.

Ephadrine in its forms can cause hallucinations in incredibly rare situations very occasionally to some people. Though its unlikely.

The pill makers put it in there because its a dirt cheap stimulant, not because one of its very rare side effects might be hallucinations.
  • Options
    yeah thats (i think we agreed didnt we Bong?) what im taking at the moment at raves, its legal and its shite but it does give you a bit of a jolt... best thing about it is, it doesnt quite 'peak' if you can call it that for about 4-5 hours after ingestion, so just when you're really tired it'll pick you up slightly...

Err, no, it will take affect after about 15-20 mins ish.
  • Options
    oh im not saying it doesnt, but im serious, whenever i've taken it (and everyone else i know who has), it takes effect but peaks at about 4-5 hours... everyone @ HTID who ingested them at 10.30 still had the feeling of their hair standing on end and the tops of their head buzzing at 5am...

either that or we've got the wrong stuff...
  • Options
    You werent taking the long release stuff were you?
  • Options
    oh god knows
    http://www.herbalhighs.com/product.cfm?id=2

theres an ingredients list on the middle right of the page...

and i cant see ephedrine...
  • Options
    Ephadrine is a dirty drug anyway, you might as well just have caffine.
  • Options
    oh god knows
    http://www.herbalhighs.com/product.cfm?id=2

theres an ingredients list on the middle right of the page...

and i cant see ephedrine...

Is this legal or not? Worth the money?
  • Options
    i only take it because my brain wont tolerate pills anymore...

it aint great, feels like you're just about to come up on a pill, but never lets you get any further. can be frustrating for those looking for a better buzz
  • Options
    i only take it because my brain wont tolerate pills anymore...

Pansy.

Anyway, I personally wouldnt take those Bliss Extra tablets the list of ingredients sounds suspect to me, are they the one Martin which are supposed to have TMA-2 in them?