Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

effects of extacy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i am thinking about taking extacy because all of my mates have tried it and they all tell me that it is an amzing buzz,but i have heard a lot of bad stories about it so it scares me,could anyone give me any advise on what the real effects of extacy are.and could anyone give me an idea of how many pills i should take on my first time.how different is it from anphetamines.Can you still get an erection on extacy,cheers. heppi n dave :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    Well first of all trying something 'because all your mates have' isnt the best reason.

How old are you if you dont mind me asking? Young use of MDMA scares the crap out of me and I think its really unwise.

How many pills should you use the first time? A half of one, then wait 40mins minimum to see what reaction you get. Chances are you wont get much but some people dont react well to MDMA.

After that maybe take one whole one and see how you feel, do not start taking 3 or more in one night.

If you are going to take it, make sure you buy them from someone you know, someone who has taken those specific tablets before.

Drink sips of water when you feel thirsty and try not to get too hot.
  • Options
    hes 18 and severely retarded. ive just read his faceparty profile.
  • Options
    hes 18 and severely retarded. ive just read his faceparty profile.

which one?
  • Options
    eyup bongbudda cheers for the advice mate im only 16 but ive had amphetamines before but not pills yet my freinds usually have around 4 pills each sum just have 2 a night they are the same age as me aswell but im thinkin of buying 2 pills and going to a nightclub with friends?do you think ill be ok if i took half a pill then took the other half about 30 to 40 mins l8a then took the other one about 40 mins after? thnx again... heppi....
  • Options
    effects of extacy ...DEATH..eventually :yuck:
  • Options
    yer my profile says im 18 on faceparty but then again it says oxo on side of buses doesnt mean it sells them lol im 16 and the reason it says im 18 on faceparty it because i get older women on there and pull alot more girls but thats beside the point of this website and forums ... heppi ...
  • Options
    yer my profile says im 18 on faceparty but then again it says oxo on side of buses doesnt mean it sells them lol im 16 and the reason it says im 18 on faceparty it because i get older women on there and pull alot more girls but thats beside the point of this website and forums ... heppi ...
    :yeees:
  • Options
    eyup bongbudda cheers for the advice mate im only 16 but ive had amphetamines before but not pills yet my freinds usually have around 4 pills each sum just have 2 a night they are the same age as me aswell but im thinkin of buying 2 pills and going to a nightclub with friends?do you think ill be ok if i took half a pill then took the other half about 30 to 40 mins l8a then took the other one about 40 mins after? thnx again... heppi....

Well I think 16 is too young, but others disagree, amphetamine is a very simple drug with a very simple action on the body.

MDMA is very different, I really wouldnt recomend that you try it. Not that amphetamine doesnt come with its risks, its addictive for one.

But, if you do then I'd say try one half then after 40mins or so maybe do a whole one. Be careful and look after yourself.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    There is some information on theSite about using drugs, including an article about peer pressure, on drugs and your body, including the effects and dangers of ecstacy, and a fact sheet on ecstacy.
    I would encourage you to think about this carefully. There is absolutely no hurry if you decide you really want to do this. You should make a choice for yourself, without considering other people, and with all the facts you can possibly gather. Do some reading and make an informed choice that minimises the harm to your body and mind, and take care.
  • Options
    Dubversion wrote:
    effects of extacy ...DEATH..eventually :yuck:
    and just how many pills have you taken Dubversion?
    if none, what qualifies you to give advice on the effects of ecstasy when you have no experience of it. The lad wanted usefull advice, not your personal opinion.
  • Options
    The eventual result of any action is death, its somewhat unavoidable.
  • Options
    and just how many pills have you taken Dubversion?
    if none, what qualifies you to give advice on the effects of ecstasy when you have no experience of it. The lad wanted usefull advice, not your personal opinion.

If you think you need to take illegal drugs to enhance your life, thats your choice, but death as a direct or indirect result is a possible outcome of taking illegal drugs. Are you now going to tell me that illegal drugs have never killed anyone ?
  • Options
    Dubversion wrote:
    If you think you need to take illegal drugs to enhance your life, thats your choice, but death as a direct or indirect result is a possible outcome of taking illegal drugs.

That wasnt really how you phrased it the first time was it.

Your first comment was about as useful as saying;

"Effects of oxygen...DEATH....eventually"
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Dubversion wrote:
    If you think you need to take illegal drugs to enhance your life, thats your choice

I don't think you'll find many people in here with a 'need' to take illegal drugs.
    This opinion that all drug users 'need' drugs to have a good time shows very little understanding for the reasons people take them.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    One could easily argue that really only alcoholics and those addicted to Barbs and Benzo's need the drugs they take.

Quick withdrawl from them can cause death.

Everyone else its a choice.
  • Options
    be careful of anyone who talks about 'illegal drugs'...

you are dealing with a very diverse group of substances that need to be understood and respected for what they are in isolation.

grouping them together in debate is harmful, simplistic and misleading
  • Options
    Make sure you take care of yourself heppi, yes do what bong said, don't be taking too many on the first time though, even if it is only one every hour or so.

If you take 15 e's back to back you're probably going to die but most people know better, like how many E's are taken every weekend, at least a million in the uk alone, how many deaths do you hear about it, very few (but hell do they get publicised). like, if you downed two bottles of vodka, there's a high chance you'll die from alcohol poisoning, but who does that, with all drugs, people know their boundaries so saying ecstacy leads to death is horribly misleading.
  • Options
    grouping them together in debate is harmful, simplistic and misleading

So you find this ; A drug is either legal or illegal, misleading :rolleyes:
    I would have thought that if as you say it's "simplistic" that would rather mean it would be hard to be misleading unless of course you're of your head on...drugs.
  • Options
    Why did you choose the name "dubversion"?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Dubversion wrote:
    I would have thought that if as you say it's "simplistic" that would rather mean it would be hard to be misleading unless of course you're of your head on...drugs.

Don't be a tit!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Don't be a tit!

fair enough I'm a tit because I find it easy to differentiate between legal and illegal.
  • Options
    stay home ...do some homework ...clean your room ...grow a moustache.
  • Options
    Dubversion wrote:
    fair enough I'm a tit because I find it easy to differentiate between legal and illegal.

Why have you chosen the name dubversion?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Why have you chosen the name dubversion?

??????
  • Options
    Why have you chosen the name dubversion? Its a simple enough question. I don't think you're the dubversion off U75. Correct me if I'm wrong...
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Why have you chosen the name dubversion? Its a simple enough question. I don't think you're the dubversion off U75. Correct me if I'm wrong...

No I'm not off u75 .
  • Options
    I wondered because anyone using the name dubversion implies a love of reggae, a genre not averse to using an illegal drug occasionally.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I wondered because anyone using the name dubversion implies a love of reggae, a genre not averse to using an illegal drug occasionally.
    you can refer to me as dubroll from now on then.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

As I said in a PM to you, I missed the letter S and typed the letter D, look at the keyboard, but that isn't good enough for you is it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Did I say it "wasn't good enough"?