Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dumping someone you love

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Serpent wrote:
    I'm quite proud of myself, but I'm heartbroken that it may be over forever. I had a chance to live forever with her. But she would have a very hard life, so I sacrificed that for her too.

Any ideas on what would help me endure the first week or so of this? The boredom leads to thinking, thinking leads to more heartbreak and crying, and I can imagine my sorry ass begging for her to have me and that other prick just so I'd be back in the loop.

Helped me to look on the bright side, hang out with my female mates and cuddle them more than was necessarily appropriate, flirty behaviour - looking on the bright side of eing single. Not for everyone I suppose...
  • Options
    Helped me to...hang out with my female mates and cuddle them more than was necessarily appropriate, flirty behaviour

I also did this to an extent...was my way of putting a brave face on it.
  • Options
    I also did this to an extent...was my way of putting a brave face on it.

I actually found it quite fun :p, its a good way of distracting yourself.

Ask your self a question, btw: What does she give you, that makes you so unwilling to be seperated from her? Is it the attention (love) she gives you? Because you'll get that from someone else one day, I garuntee it. Is it the way she's just 'right' for you, has the right personality etc. ? Because, impossible as it may seem, there will be someone else.

For now though, concentrate on yourself, you don't need anyone else to be happy, focus on that fact.
  • Options
    No offense but that seems like a pretty ******y way of getting over it. Seriously no offense. That method will only help the physical side heal, and is very shallow to think that that would heal everything. Its like me saying, I'm not getting hugs from her anymore, I can easily replace this with hugs from other girls.

Our relationship was almost purely love. So what I need is love. At the minute all I want is love from her though :\

Trust me, its better having an emotional relationship rather than a sexual one. That's not opinion, I strive to prove it as fact.

Edit: You know what else was incredible about her? She was brought up in a very strict culture. She's absolutely beautiful, but she doesnt come with the annoying I can walk over whatever the fuck I want because I'm hot attitude.
  • Options
    Serpent wrote:
    No offense but that seems like a pretty ******y way of getting over it. Seriously no offense. That method will only help the physical side heal, and is very shallow to think that that would heal everything. Its like me saying, I'm not getting hugs from her anymore, I can easily replace this with hugs from other girls.

Our relationship was almost purely love. So what I need is love. At the minute all I want is love from her though :\

Trust me, its better having an emotional relationship rather than a sexual one. That's not opinion, I strive to prove it as fact.

Edit: You know what else was incredible about her? She was brought up in a very strict culture. She's absolutely beautiful, but she doesnt come with the annoying I can walk over whatever the fuck I want because I'm hot attitude.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, trust me. But, that doesn't mean you need to have an emotional relationship to be happy, that's what I meant.
  • Options
    I have been in a sort of similar situation recently. My girl cheated on me, and your so desperate that you will do anything.

But trust me at first I was bad, but within a week I was over her. You will get over her. You know she loves you, so just keep that in mind. But trust me, you will find another girl so quickly, from what I read you are one of the good guys in the world and its people like you that help everyone!!!
  • Options
    I gotta say im with Ginner on this one...dude, get some perspective: Your 16...you dont need this kind of hastle from an obviously unbalanced, disturbed and distinctly odd girl....and you are not doing yourself any favours, i mean....dignity?
    Think carefully about what your putting yourself through and what its ultimately for....and dont give me any of this "but im in love" stuff, yeah we all get loved up on occasion and do silly things, but by no means does love make you into an idiot or a doormat.

Peace
  • Options
    I gotta say. This took me by surprise.

She called and apologised today. She told me that she rejected the guy anyway. Because she loved me. Last thing I got from her last night was I hate you. So this was a bit shocking. I dumped her last night so it was basically up to me whether to take her back or not.

I've already dealt with it. But without saying which path I took, I'd like to know what you guys would have done.
  • Options
    I'd be annoyed she said she hated me. Dunno though, would have wanted answers...
  • Options
    Serpent wrote:
    I've already dealt with it. But without saying which path I took, I'd like to know what you guys would have done.

i would have left her, no questions asked, for even suggesting it.
  • Options
    I'd find someone less mental. :)
  • Options
    Hahaha. You would wouldnt you.
  • Options
    not even 100% convinced that there was any other guy- seems to me she was pushing you to see how far she could, testing you to see if you'd get on that plane again IMO, could be wrong though.

if you decided to get back together you have to be aware that shit like this will probably go on happening until you move there. she does sound very insecure and you have obviously put up with alot.if you consider it worth it though, good luck to you.

if you dont get back together you will be fine eventually, once your heart heals.