Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Princess Margaret: scary/evil

Much hilarity in the press about a comment Princess Michael made on recent interview: "The Queen does a great Cockney accent as a party trick".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4273155.stm

It's all very well and jolly. Good old Royals, enjoy a larf like the rest of us. But what is this here, found elsewhere in the article and largely ignored by the British press?

On "breeding" children and marrying them off:
"The English take the breeding of their horses and dogs more seriously than they do their children," she said.

"God forbid that the wrong drop of blood should get into their Labrador, but their children marry however they wish. Perhaps [traditional royal] arranged marriages were not the worst option."

On religious freedom (or lack thereof) :rolleyes:
She bemoaned the fact that aristocrats and the Church no longer have a say in politics and claimed "pseudo-liberals" had stopped children from praying in schools.

"I don't know whether or not it's good that we embrace all religions. We are no longer Christians"

On Prince Harry dressing up as a Nazi
The Bohemia-born royal also said she felt sorry for Prince Harry, who was criticised for dressing up as a Nazi.

She told the paper: "If Harry had worn a hammer and sickle, nobody would have got excited, even though the hammer and sickle stands for Stalin, gulag, pogrom and devastation."

The princess, whose father fought for the Nazis during World War II, said the British press has a "different sensibility" because of its "ownership structure".

But a spokesman for the princess denied she was criticising Jewish ownership of British newspapers.

What a despicable bigoted pompous waste of space :mad:

Is there anyone in that family with any redeeming qualities? Can't think of many...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Princess Margaret's been dead for years. Princess Michael is an insignificant minor royal with no influence. I don't know why you take her comments more seriously than you would any other member of the public.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Princess Margaret's been dead for years. Princess Michael is an insignificant minor royal with no influence. I don't know why you take her comments more seriously than you would any other member of the public.

Oops! Noted and corrected.

Well, you'd expect freeloaders like her, who at the end of the day are part of the Royal Family (and taking every last perk the position has to offer) to behave properly and not be a prejudiced bigot. That lot are supposed to be Britain's ambassadors. No surprise many folk in the Continent have certain opinions about the British, when they see their Royals do and say such things...
  • Options
    Yeah, but there are black sheep in every family. I don't see her opinion reflecting badly on the country as a whole.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Yeah, but there are black sheep in every family. I don't see her opinion reflecting badly on the country as a whole.
    is anyone any longer listening?
  • Options
    Yuck. Princess Michael is minor anyway. I’d imagine a lot of people abroad and stuff haven’t even heard of her. If someone like Charles or William came out with this kind of tripe this would actually matter. The Royals that matter, the senior ones like Charles and the Queen seem in no way racist anyway. I thought the Queen’s speech sent out a very positive tolerant message. I feel Charles has also done his best to try and reach out to different religions.
  • Options
    Princess Michael is a non-entity.

Princess Margaret, as noted, is dead.

Princess Anne has spent many years doing hundreds of hours of charity work, and takes no credit for any of it. Unlike Diana, who was worshipped for doing charity work for attention, Anne takes and asks for no credit, and has done more work in one year than Diana, Princess of Sluts did in her entire life.

Both Charles and Philip do a lot of work for charity also, much of which is ignored. I mean, why credit Charles for being a good man when it's easier to criticise him for taking justified profits form a company he has built from scratch.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

more work in one year than Diana, Princess of Sluts did in her entire life.

Yikes....Bit much....

I actually agree with one point that she made that not as much fuss would have been made if he'd been wearing a hammer and sickle. But its still a pretty thick thing to do.

The breeding analogy with horses is somewhat weird, but she is a royal and bloodlines and breeding are part and parcel of who she is.
  • Options
    Yikes....Bit much....

Not really. Saint Diana was the media image, the reality was completely different.

As for Michael, hardly worth listening to and none of those views of hers surprise me. She's known for it.
  • Options
    The Prince and Princess of Kent are world-famous gobshites. They gobshite at international level. Shame they don't have a braincell between them.

As for my remark about Diana, Princess Slag, it wasn't unjustified at all. It's no wonder Charles went back to Camilla given that his wife seemed to have a pathological inability to keep her knickers on.
  • Options
    I'm probably being slow but how was the connection made between anti-semitism and her comment about British newspapers?
  • Options
    because anti-semitism, if you hadn't noticed, is the biggest ill in the world today.
  • Options
    apparantly british newspapers are owned by jewish people :confused:

but yeah, why take offense at it? i don't think anyone takes any notice of what princess michael of kent does or says

we should listen more to princess anne :yes: she seems to be a no nonsense royal, unlike some of them
  • Options
    She's right about dogs and children though :p
  • Options
    Someone please explain to me the anti-semitism link, its bugging me. :confused:
  • Options
    Princess Michael was saying how the British press had made a fuss out of nothing regarding Harry and the Nazi costume, insinuating that's so because who owns the papers. Some of the British newspapers are either owned by Jewish people or with Jewish connections apparently (though other than perhaps the Telegraph I cannot think of any. Is Richard Desmond Jewish?) so she would appear to suggest the 'uproar' was just a bunch of Jewish people over-reacting.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Princess Michael was saying how the British press had made a fuss out of nothing regarding Harry and the Nazi costume, insinuating that's so because who owns the papers. Some of the British newspapers are either owned by Jewish people or with Jewish connections apparently (though other than perhaps the Telegraph I cannot think of any. Is Richard Desmond Jewish?) so she would appear to suggest the 'uproar' was just a bunch of Jewish people over-reacting.

I have no love for the woman but I think that the Jewish issue is a bit far-fetched. This is the first I've heard about the Jews dominating the British press.

Complaining about anti-semitism in this case is counter-productive IMO.
  • Options
    BlackArab wrote:
    I have no love for the woman but I think that the Jewish issue is a bit far-fetched. This is the first I've heard about the Jews dominating the British press.

Complaining about anti-semitism in this case is counter-productive IMO.
    That's twice in the last week or so ;)
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    That's twice in the last week or so ;)

Thats the thing Aladdin, its all getting far-fetched now and people are just chucking the word around without thought. Pointless.
  • Options
    I resent the notion that the Hammer and Sickle is offensive in anyway at all.

She says the Hammer and Sickle stands for Stalin and oppression - nothing could be further from the truth. The Hammer meanings the Workers and the Sickle means the Peasants. The crossing over of the two means the working class united. It's symbolic of struggle against oppression and the desire to create the common good, not some meglomaniac's gulags! :mad:
  • Options
    Why don't you look up the original meaning of the swasitka?
  • Options
    Aye, indeed, the swastika was a good luck emblem. But in a circle on a red background, it means Nazi.
  • Options
    because of the nazis and what they did. And a yellow hammer and sickle on a red background now carries overtones of soviet russia.
  • Options
    Knocked on a door once and looked down to swastikas drawn on the doorstep, was just about do a runner when an Indian opens the door.

Talk about relief :lol:
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry Britishrepublican... this comes from a pompous upper class twit who resents aristocrats and the Church no longer having influence in politics. A woman who resents social classes mixing up and 'breeding' with each other. An idiot who thinks black people who are loud should "go back to the colonies."
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    because of the nazis and what they did. And a yellow hammer and sickle on a red background now carries overtones of soviet russia.

I was protesting the reference to the hammer and sickle alone, not the Soviet flag.
  • Options
    It's a bit bloody obvious what's she's talking about though isn't it. We don't call the nazi flag by it's name, we call it a swasitka.
  • Options
    'hammer and sickle stands for Stalin, gulag, pogrom and devastation.'

These were her exact words, and I disagree for the above reasons.
  • Options
    I know what she said. It's still fucking obvious what she's talking about.
  • Options
    'hammer and sickle stands for Stalin, gulag, pogrom and devastation.'

These were her exact words, and I disagree for the above reasons.
    If that's your only quibble with what she's said, then you're doing alright.
  • Options
    :rolleyes: Someone finally gets what I'm on about :)