Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Syria and Iran join forces and raise two fingers to Dubya together

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:

'In his State of the Union speech this year, President Bush had harsh words for Syria: "We expect the Syrian government to end all support for terror and open the door to freedom," he said.'

The President was then asked to comment on the lack of freedom in Saudi Arabia and Uzbekistan but had to leave as his Mum was calling him in for his tea and he said she'd go mental if he was late. :)
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    Islam vs the west.

thats why people like you scare me, is it really islam against the west, who mentioned islam????????? :confused:

I swear to god, if america invade syria or iran, i hope to fuck they kick those aggressive yankey bastards out and i'll be the first to laugh at their faces.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I swear to god, if america invade syria or iran, i hope they kick those aggressive yankee bastards out and i'll be the first to laugh at their faces.
    I think the US might be too busy in Iraq to bomb the shit out of another country at the moment. But with Dubya in charge, don't count on it.
    lukesh wrote:
    if they did, i hope the us wipes out the oppressive resgimes for good and they can live in a democracy with freedom and choice like you and me. but some idiots don't want anyone else to enjoy freedom and democracy!
    And what did the USA bring to Iraq? Ah yes, endless suicide bombers and terrorist attacks. Brilliant.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    ah yes.... a democracy in the making. the people have something to look forward to now. freedom and democracy for ever!
    I can almost smell the bullshit in that post. Judging by how the USA has done in Iraq, if they invade Iran, I don't hold out for much hope.
  • Options
    it was almost inevitable, but notice how syria don't want this to be percieved as an alliance against america........i think bush could and will put a slant on this, saying the last strongholds of oppression are joining together in an attempt to flout democracy, blah blah blah........
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    if they did, i hope the us wipes out the oppressive resgimes for good and they can live in a democracy with freedom and choice like you and me. but some idiots don't want anyone else to enjoy freedom and democracy!

You'd have made a good missionary in the colonial days......

Please, please sign up and go and save the heathens.

:wave:
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    freethepeeps... don't uite live up to that name do you?

I'm doing my best to free the missionary in you, aren't I?

I bet you'd look really spiffy in army uniform too.....
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    is that how democracy operates?
    you want your point of view to be the only one ...your way of life to rule.
    so to have it happen you destroy and murder those who may think differently.
    your democracy scares the crap out of me.
  • Options
    lukesh did it ever occur to you that if syrians and iranians wanted democracy that bad they would do something about it..............after all, that's how we got the magna carta, we didn't have any americans to 'save us'......noone is asking them, we are assuming they are oh so oppressed and need our help......well they don't, go ask the average iraqi if they like the taste of democracy.......what gives us the right? our might?...........

also did it ever occur to you that millions of english and americans are disillusioned with 'democracy' so why are we so sure of ourselves?......
  • Options
    LOL

Ay ay ay, poor Dubya

Yeah I bet hes really gutted and losing sleep over these two international giants. :nervous:

Aladdin, to save yourself time and everybody elses boredom why dont you walk up and down your street with an "I hate America" sandwich board and ring a bell. :wave:
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    i'd look good and ready 2 go and freegthepeeps from oppressive resgimes while freaks like you support them

Yes, yes. The difference between you and me is this:

I don't believe the fairy stories

and after you've killed erm liberated a few kids. you won't either.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    what? man what ya goin on about.
    i'll keep this simple ...
    you want your party in power so ...you steam in with death and destruction.
    you kill and maim babies and teenagers ...you destroy hospitals and schools and power plants ...and then shout ....are you listening now you wimps! you will do things my way ...or you die ok?
    is that the kind of democracy your talking about?
    cos plain and simple luke ...if it is then it scares the crap out of me ...
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:

luke, you're a myth, you're seedy capatilisation, corporation and oppression personified, yes, continue to re-gurgatate cliched mundane neo-con spin, it's so comical these days, you will learn, it's only a matter of time, till then, i'll sit back with the popcorn and laugh cos you obviously haven't got a clue what you're talking about

also luke, answer me this, why do you bring islam into everything? why do you think it's west vs islam? i could easily say it's east vs christianity but thats lies aswell, you're talking shit as usual.
  • Options
    The irony is that Iran and Syria don't even have to raise their fingers... just keep using them to stir the Iraqi pot, so that the US can't muster enough force to take them on. It's not pretty, it's not decent, but it works, and Bush would have to be as dumb as so many people say he is not to have seen it coming.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    Aladdin you're an idiot. Everything is a competition for you... Islam vs the west. Pathetic!
    You really are a clueless moron are you not?

As it has been said to you already, who mentioned Islam?

You are rather obsessed with Muslims are you not?

This is simply two sovereign nations being threatened by the biggest menace to mankind since the Nazis, thinking of joining forces and facing the common enemy together.

Seeing as there isn't the even the smallest trace of a valid reason for theatening (let alone illegally attacking) these two sovereign nations, I salute any efforts they make in attempting to see off the Imperialistic bully.

I wish North Korea would join them as well.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    I rest my case!
    Which goes to prove if nothing else (since you need everything explained down veeeery well :rolleyes: ) that this has nothing to do with "Islam".

Do you think the US should attack Syria, Iran and North Korea then, Luke?
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    Not as much as you are obsessed with Christians.
    Are you on ket?
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    NO.
    Well, there you have it then Luke.

What seems to be the problem here then?

Since we both agree that despite those nations being unpleasant dictatorships no country has the right to threaten or attack them, you should be as pleased as I am that they are joining forces in an attempt to dissuade the US from attacking.

You would prefer if there wasn't a war on Syria or Iran, would you not?

So you should welcome any peaceful measure they take to avoid a war (such as this alliance).
  • Options
    Why should we get rid of those regimes?

What right do you think we have to impose regime change by force on others?

Why not on Uzbekistan (Bush's new best friend)? They're much worse- they boil people alive.

Why not on Saudi? They treat women like utter shit and behead people on a daily basis.

Why not on Pakistan? They're a dangerous and unsatable military dictatorship with massive Muslim extremist presence.

Do we only get to pick on those countries for which the US government has no use then?

Why not impose regime change on the USA, come to think of it? Its government is the most dangerous and agressive in the world today and a constant threat to others.
  • Options
    So what Luke? No one has the right to wage wars to impose democracies on others.

What makes you think democracy is so much better than it merits killing hundreds of thousands of people and throwing whole nations into turmoil in order to "give it to the people"?
  • Options
    LOL. I know people who live in non-democracies who think we are the ones suffering.

I know people from Lebanon and Jordan and they're all perfectly happy and settled, thank you very much. They like and trust their rulers and they couldn't care less for "Western democracies". They enjoy more or less the same liberties you and me enjoy.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    suit them selves. however think about the minorites in them sort of countruies....

We don't have minorities who suffer from discimination, persecution or the removal of democratic rights.

Do we lukesh?

:confused:
  • Options
    No they don't. Not any more than they would on countless non-democracies.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I think the US might be too busy in Iraq to bomb the shit out of another country at the moment. But with Dubya in charge, don't count on it. And what did the USA bring to Iraq? Ah yes, endless suicide bombers and terrorist attacks. Brilliant.

The USA didn't bring terrorism to Iraq. Islamic fundamentalism and Arab terrorists did. You can't blame the U.S. for everything.
  • Options
    We don't have minorities who suffer from discimination, persecution or the removal of democratic rights.

Do we lukesh?

:confused:

No we don't. At least in any real sense of the word "persecution". We, government included, are constantly bending over backwards to be inclusive and offer equal rights.
    The regimes we are talking about really do know the meaning of persecution, but some people are far quicker to fashionably criticise ourselves.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Why not on Uzbekistan (Bush's new best friend)? They're much worse- they boil people alive.

Lol its funny how people have fixated on that one anecdote about Uzbeks boiling people alive. For all you know they could do it in Syria and Iran too!

But yeh I agree with your point!
  • Options
    The USA didn't bring terrorism to Iraq. Islamic fundamentalism and Arab terrorists did. You can't blame the U.S. for everything.
    We can certainly blame them for making it all possible.

Terrorist attacks in Iraq during Saddam's regime
    Estimated per year: 0

After US' illegal invasion and occupation
    Estimated per year: 1000s
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    We can certainly blame them for making it all possible.

Terrorist attacks in Iraq during Saddam's regime
    Estimated per year: 0

After US' illegal invasion and occupation
    Estimated per year: 1000s

wouldnt have been tihs many problems if they hadnt completly disbanded his army, cause you had people with guns etc who are now jobless and well fed up = trouble
  • Options
    No we don't. At least in any real sense of the word "persecution". We, government included, are constantly bending over backwards to be inclusive and offer equal rights.
    The regimes we are talking about really do know the meaning of persecution, but some people are far quicker to fashionably criticise ourselves.

Spend three years incarcerated in Belmarsh without due process and come back to me.......
  • Options
    The USA didn't bring terrorism to Iraq

:lol::lol::lol: are you for real?........i'd say they've terrorised more iraqi civilians than all the extremists put together.......