Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Big Brother in the Classroom

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    I do think that PHSE education should be given a MUCH bigger role in the school, start earlier and include a much bigger range of topics.
    Completely agree. How much of what is taught in schools is actually relevant to later life. Of course it is of some importance but general life education is SO important.
    When I was at school our one hour of social ed a week was absolute crap.
    I think their should be at least an hour a day of social ed and it should cover everything relevant to real life - sex, law, politics, finances, environment, violence, personal safety.... and the list could go on and on.
    Education is the way to go, alot of kids act up in school because the lessons are boring and they can't understand why they need to be taught it. Take some of this away and bring in more real life education and as well as teaching them valuable things about life and hopefully improving them as people you'll be giving them more variation out of the boring academic lessons.