Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

best drug ... ???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
what is the best drug to escape reality with ?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    None of them.

Escapist drug use is bound to lead to problems.
    bongbudda wrote:
    None of them.

surely really most drug use is escapist, i know that i smoke weed more because it helps me to forget what a fucked up world we live in. Its needed, but not true emotional escapism from something that really has you down i agree with you there
    Considering every aspect (eg. taking into account comedowns and whatnot) I'd say without a doubt my favourite 'escape' is ketamine.

Though as said, taking drugs to escape reality as it were is bound to cause problems
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,285 Skive's The Limit
    bongbudda wrote:
    None of them.

Taking drugs to escape is the best reason to take them. Obviously you have to have some control though.

And the answer to your question is heroin.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Taking drugs to escape is the best reason to take them. Obviously you have to have some control though.

And the answer to your question is heroin.

Drowning your sorrows or shooting up to run away is very effective, at least in the short term, the problem is its too good and you loose the ability to cope with anything without it.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    But Skive, if someone said to you, I'm feel upset, I feel like i'm not coping, I think my life is fucked - would you advise them to start taking heroin?
    i dont use drugs to "escape" necessarily, but rather to get other views and opinions from another world that i dont see or recognize when im sober.

weed all the way for that.
    But Skive, if someone said to you, I'm feel upset, I feel like i'm not coping, I think my life is fucked - would you advise them to start taking heroin?

agreed.

otter; if you are asking us to recommend a drug to escape reality with, i would say i cant because the very act of escaping 'reality' is impossible. When for example you place yourself in an altered state of mind, you are not 'escaping reality' but moving into another realm of experience. You are not escaping because you are moving from one state to another. The state you call 'reality' is still going on and at some point you will have to return to it, and if you take it to the extreme of never returning to it (i.e: in the case of heroin being on it all the time) you have just created another reality for yourself. And who says that that one will be better (i'll give you damn good odds it wont).

Taking drugs to escape reality is a bad idea because it is essentially an impossible end; it effects you, not the 'reality' in which you find yourself; even if we could give you something to make the whole world seem constructed from goodness and love, when it wore off it wouldnt have made a damn bit of difference, because it effected you, not your 'reality'.

whew! sorry that was a long one, take care mate :thumb:
    LadyJade wrote:

i don't think otter mentioned the context in which he is in, yea heroin probably would be the best for an escape but as bong said it'll just lead to more problems, however, if you only to it to "escape" the odd time then drug use is perfectly acceptable, thats what they're designed to do, it only gets nasty when enjoyment turns to dependence but i'm not sure if thats directly related to escapism itself, it's th eindividual who gets themselves into the situation and escapism is the consequence.
    lukesh wrote:
    take drugs and it will make the situation worse.

really insightful there luke, care to elaborate a bit more?
    lukesh wrote:
    oh yeah getting into drugs will do him some good won't it? it won't. it will make things go away while he is taking the drug but as soon as he has stopped nothing has changed. the world is the same, his life is the same. however he could get addicted and create problems such as health and financial.

i can't believe this forum man... its like promoting drugs and that. absolutley shocking!

as i've already said, drug use in moderation can actually be very benefitial, do you not feel stressed out ever, having an odd spliff or a mad night out will not do you any harm mentally as long as you can control it, and thats what it's all about, control. luke, you see things to much in terms of black and white, actually step outside your mind for a moment and try and understand why people take drugs, i can understand why people can't and i accept their decision, you just automatically assume drugs are bad cos it says it in the paper and is illegal, not the best way to look at life luke.

"promoting drugs" who said that, you promote the bush admin in the politics boards, that's just as bad.
    lukesh wrote:
    try telling people who have lost relative due to drugs. they first started in moderation too.
    because it says it in the paper? :confused:

i doo feel this forum has become a place to promote drugs and shar each others experinces. its sick. how can thesite people allow this?

i lost my auntie to alcohol 3 years ago, i dont say anything to you about alcohol when you come on here pissed running your mouth and acting like a proper twat, do i, no, cos i understand why people take alcohol so don't come near me wth this victim crap, in fact, over 90% of drug users have no problem with their drug use at all.

the people on this board are 100 times smarter than you and no one promotes drugs, we share our experiences and learn form each other, you wouldn't know anything about that now would ya, you're the sick one.
    The board isn't about promoting drugs, but of "harm minimisation", which is widely held to be the most beneficial way of recducing harm caused by the myth and misinformation around substances which is widely reported by the media etc. TheSite recognises (as do most health professionals) that people will take drugs and alcohol no matter how you try to stop them. Therefore, the best way to minimise the harm that people do to themselves is to educate them in the safe usage of substances, with an emphasis on encouraging people to think about what they are doing to themselves.
    And you two may have to stop insulting each other and debate properly. Or I might have to live up to my Moderatrix title..
    LadyJade wrote:
    And you two may have to stop insulting each other and debate properly. Or I might have to live up to my Moderatrix title..

i'd rather be donimated by you than moderated :naughty:
    lukesh wrote:
    fair enough but when i see threads like this one asking what drug someone should take then it goes too far in my opinion.
    LadyJade wrote:
    TheSite recognises (as do most health professionals) that people will take drugs and alcohol no matter how you try to stop them. Therefore, the best way to minimise the harm that people do to themselves is to educate them in the safe usage of substances

also, although you don't agree with drugs, will you accept that they are used by people and people live healthy normal lives on them, can you accept drug use?
    possibly the reason for him going on about how unintelligent you are is because you appear to be unable to accept that possibly there are other views to your own- which are also valid. I get concerned that people are damning of drug use in the way that you seem to be- this flies directly in the face of what the LadyJade was saying- that harm minimisation is the best evidenced way of dealing with drug problems
    lukesh wrote:
    well he keeps on and on about how unintelligent i am compared to anyone else he ha met in his life. patehtic!

do you want your nappies changed or something?
    possibly the reason for him going on about how unintelligent you are is because you appear to be unable to accept that possibly there are other views to your own- which are also valid. I get concerned that people are damning of drug use in the way that you seem to be- this flies directly in the face of what the LadyJade was saying- that harm minimisation is the best evidenced way of dealing with drug problems

:yes: he's not a bad lad at the end of the day but he is very one-dimensional in his views and opinions, it's his way or the highway most of the time, yea drugs will be the focus of everyone's life at some stage and it's better to educate yourself properly before saying stuff like "drugs are bad" or "i'm going out to take 9 e's and 2 grams of coke", it goes both ways.
    It's narrow minded idiots like this that stop me from posting as much.
    People will not learn will they! The sooner people learn to ACCEPT differences the better. What's wrong with discussing drug experiences? Are caffiene and alcohol not drugs? Are nicotine addicts looked upon as scum? Different people make different choices and have different beliefs, who the fuck are you to judge?! Most people who take drugs are not the stereotypical smackhead and live normal lives, just like you. In fact, drugs enhance a lot of peoples lives.
    Some even need drugs to survive and drugs can save lives. Used recreationally, drugs can open up peoples minds and help them learn more about themselves and their surroundings.

Used properly drugs can be very benefical... misuse will land people in a lot of trouble.

They key is in USE not ABUSE.
    And when something goes wrong, the person is to blame not the drug (most of the time).

One day the world will understand.

Just something for you to think about.

:thumb:
    lukesh wrote:
    i'll throw them in your face and make you eat them

okaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.........and you're sure you don't do drugs!
    lukesh wrote:
    i aint a clown like you

oh you're really got me there, i'm goin to my bed now to write in my diary about how horrible life is :rolleyes: :p
    And that is a perfectly reasonable opinion that no one should feel the need to argue with.
    lukesh wrote:
    ok this is how it is...

people can take drugs if they want, i am not sotpping them, everyone has a choice. i choose not too as i believe they would do me more harm than good. thats my opinion and the way i feel towards them.

why didn't you say that at the start, you said drugs will cause more harm than good and i said that in moderation, drugs can be benfitial, then you went on your typical un-educated rampage. "talk to the family's of the victims" :rolleyes:
    Ahem. Enough of the personal insults please.

How can people be expected to have an informative and reasonable conversation about drugs if there are insults flying around and accusations that 'people don't understand' from both sides of the fence? People need to meet half way and agree to disagree. Dialogue is the way to understanding.
    I understand, they shouldn't be saying it, but you shouldn't believe that it is true.
    lukesh wrote:
    in what way is that un-educated?

cos it has nothing to do with the subject involved, it's like saying, "is crossing the road dangerous" with the reply "ask the family of the victims" doesn't make sense, there'll be casaulties but as i've said, alcohol has caused deaths aswell, doesn't take away the reasons why people take drugs so instead of saying, "no don't take drugs they're bad" i'd rather say "if you're going ot take them then the best way is...." get it now?
    i didn't say you were thick, i said you were un-educated on this topic, like i consider myself smart but i'd say i'm un-educated in respect to the economy of china, thats why i wouldn't go into a chinese economy thread and start talking shit like you've done on this thread.
    lukesh wrote:
    you have said i am thick on other threads... wlel unintelligent" which is the excat same as thick.

yes in those threads talking about those issues, i didn't blantantly say you're thick and you've no chance in life, i know you've got potential to be educated, read up on things, don't listen to the media cos they talk shite
    lukesh wrote:
    there you go again... who says i listen to the media on a certain subject? this is where i get pissed off.

where'd you get your views on drugs from then, obviously not from personal experience, do you work with drug addicts or something, i'm confused
This discussion has been closed.