Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

magic mushrooms and truffles

2»

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    LadyJade wrote:
    It helps with the comedown because your body is depleted of vitamin C (amongst other things), as does water to help flush toxing out, and a healthy diet full of fruit and veg. More information in TheSites' comedowns article for those who are interested.

Thats what I said ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Again this emphasis on vitamin C being depleted by the drug, I've not heard that before.

The B vitamins certainly, they are very much needed in the converting of sugers into energy so one could safely assume that they are used by amphetamine group drugs.
    Hullo Jade, i'm shocked :blush:
    >>>And this is my problem, john.<<< ~ Yes, i understand fully, loud and very clear.
    >>> The information we try to give our users is factually based,<<< ~ From where Jade, from where?
    >>>Just becuase a bunch of people believe it doesn't mean its true.<<< ~ Jade, Lol, i only take excerpts from trade literature.
    >>>What did you say you did for a living again?<<< Ask you mate sussie as i replyed to her before the x mas period. I realise that anyone can make things up on the internet, so i'll give you my managers name and number if you are that interested ( Professionally )
    ps, thanxs for the antiphsyce info, but does that include UK protocols, as it is based on US's?

You shouldn't be shocked john, I have said several times that we would like facts. TheSite uses information from a variety of respected sources. If you are getting your information from trade literature, there is no reason why you couldn't post the source here is there? Things like the BMJ are available online. I will PM Susie, thanks. As for the antipsych info, I didn't check for UK information but the link is there, so feel free.
    so what if they're not available on line?

The information that you provided with regards to 'comedown' doesn't state that 5-HTP takes 2-4 weeks to kick, as in the same as which 'St Johns Wort' does. Point being, that street drugs dont have a comedown that takes 4-6 weeks, do they? Plus, IMHO, you should flag up that they shouldn't take these without GP's knowledge, as it can interferr with the female menstration cycle and have possible interactions with prescribed medication and other drugs.

I agree with what you say about respected people visiting this site. It does indeed conatain a whole wealth of information and the tips of your fingertips. I do on my cyber travels recommend this site to people for the valuable informative information that it provides.

Have a relaxing evening, john
    so what if they're not available on line?

The information that you provided with regards to 'comedown' doesn't state that 5-HTP takes 2-4 weeks to kick, as in the same as which 'St Johns Wort' does... Plus, IMHO, you should flag up that they shouldn't take these without GP's knowledge, as it can interferr with the female menstration cycle and have possible interactions with prescribed medication and other drugs.

If they aren't available online, you could use the usual referencing technique, giving us the name of the publication, edition or date it was published, the name of the author if you have it, page number etc - its pretty standard practice really, and allows everyone to look it up if they are interested.

As for the 5-HTP, can you provide a reference for this, we would really like to correct that information if it is wrong, and I couldn't find anything on the web that indicated how long it took to be effective, or that it had any effect on the menstruation cycle.
    St John's Wort can interfere with the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill, but I haven't seen anything to suggest it inteferes with the menstrual cycle.
    I've also seen a couple of things to suggest that 5-HTP can help with PMS, but nothing to suggest that it can intefere with the menstrual cycle.
    I also know that St John's Wort can take 3 - 4 weeks to work, like most anti-depressants. Not sure about how long it takes 5-HTP to work as an anti-depressant, or even if its effective. Most people who read this forum would be using 5-HTP to combat the post-ecstasy blues, by taking a couple when they get home and a couple the next day. This seems to work for some people and not for others.
    Cheers Blagsta.
    A lot of people seem to think that 5-HTP does work for the 'tuesday blues' but whether or not thats based on fact is another matter altogether, anti-depressant placebos work quite well.
    yeh obviously spike your friend,Duh..I dont knoe about the water part,just eat 35 grams and u cant go wrong
This discussion has been closed.