Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

magic mushrooms and truffles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
if i boil 20gms of magic mushrooms in a pot of water for 20mins, then take away the mushrooms and drink the water will i get the effect of eating 20gms of mushrooms or will it not work aswell?

will the water be tasteless still?

whats the best way to trick someone into taking magic mushrooms?

can i boil truffles in the same way?

thanks jd

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jojotheman wrote:

Probably not the wisest thing in the world...
    >>>whats the best way to trick someone into taking magic mushrooms?<<<

You shouldn't as this would be a low thing to do. Shrooms should be taken and enjoyed in full knowlege as its the environment and surroundings that make the trip what it is.

If your mate is a novice, then they should only be consumed in a friendly environment.

do you know what to do in the case of a medical emergency i.e overdose, psychotic episode?

ps, if they're philosophers stone, then they're top notch, and your mate shouldn't touch them.
    jojotheman wrote:

don't want to sound like a granny here but thats not the most advisable thing in the world to do
    Some wierdos come on this place, look at this potential spiker here wanting to know how to trick someone into taking magic mushrooms, scum bucket.
    jojotheman wrote:
    if i boil 20gms of magic mushrooms in a pot of water for 20mins, then take away the mushrooms and drink the water will i get the effect of eating 20gms of mushrooms or will it not work aswell?

will the water be tasteless still?

thanks jd

I don't know why you want to spike someone with mushrooms but that is not the point of these boards and we don't take kindly to such requests for information. Harm reduction - fine. Messing with someone else's sensory experiences without giving them the right to informed choice - NOT.

TheSite article on mushrooms

Susie :(
    Your right J, it is a class A drug.

Frankly if you want to spike this person I suggest you need to boil them longer than that, about a hour at high heat, that should make them nice and inactive. That way you dont act like a complete twat.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Susie wrote:
    I don't know why you want to spike someone with mushrooms but that is not the point of these boards and we don't take kindly to such requests for information. Harm reduction - fine. Messing with someone else's sensory experiences without giving them the right to informed choice - NOT.

TheSite article on mushrooms

Susie :(

:yes: Well said Suze. Couldn't agree more.
    Communing with nature;

well said everyone! Spiking someone is a low thing to do, with friends like that, who needs enemies huh? Back in my day, if someone suggested that in our pub, then ( i cant elaborate as otherwise our Moderatrix will ban me!! )

There is a good debate as to whether dried or fresh are stronger, whilst soooo much depend on their growing circumstances,m fresh is prpbably best. A typical dose of dried mushys is around 2 g's and a typical portion of fresh is around 10 to 20 g's. We ALLLLLLLLLLL should know that dosage levels are different for different people, and that the different 'shroom batches and strains can vary.

Allways start with a small amount, and be patient. It will c'mon between 30-60 mins if eaten. Watch the dosage if your gonna be drinking shroom tea also, make sure you have good company with you!!

Never take a trip ( Anytrip!!! ) after an period of emotional upheaval, make sure you enter into one feeling good and that your in good company and got access to pure **orange juice and food and water.

If anyone starts to go into a bad trip then get some fresh air, steady your self down with slow gentle breaths and breathing. Have some thing sweetlike chocolate and the **orange juice. Sit somewhere quit and think chilled thoughts. Often its the fear of a bad trip can just make some people panic, as soon as the anxieites pop up its cruicial to remmeber set & setting and staying calm.

If in the extreme then the person needs medical attention, coax them up to A&E and ask to speak to the duty psyche nurse, explain whats happened and whats been taken. Take a sample of the shroom with you, or even a sample of vomit of faeces, as it'll help them.

If not and the person is entering/ having a psychotic episode, then just call 999 and tell them the score with as much info as possible.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,285 Skive's The Limit
    We used to go out picking then bung them all in a saucpan, heat them up and strain the fuckers. I remember doing so many once I blacked out in the middle of town and my mate said I was covulsing. The only time I've ever fucked up on drugs.
    I much prefer doing Fly Agarics now even though they give me some seriously dodgy guts.
    Weekender Offender 
    jojotheman wrote:

What's the best way to punch you in the face? Spiking people is out of order and possibly very dangerous. If anyone did it to me, I'd kick their head in.
    **orange juice.

There is no evidence that orange juice brings you off a trip.
    Lol :hyper:

Toxins do build up in the body after too many days tripping.

Lol, what about the trapped wind and nausea?

Its important to stay awa\y fron dirty old wet bug infested specimens ( a dog might 'ave pi$$ed on them ) and NOT to store away fresh, particularly in a plastic bag, as the sealed environment will encourage them to convertinto an extremly unpleasant slime ( Memories? )

Fly A should aslo be taken in caution with regards to dosage as they trigger delirium and convulsions etc etc and have a mortality rate from overdose.

Reminder; If entering into convulsions or a psychotic episode, then its a medical emergency as death could (?) be an end result. Medical advice shoiuld be sought immediately after an event.
    Lol :hyper:

Toxins do build up in the body after too many days tripping.

Lol, what about the trapped wind and nausea?

Do you actually have a point? :confused:
    >>>There is no evidence that orange juice brings you off a trip<<< ~

Did i ever say that there was? BTW, it helps with the come down, any competant drug worker will tell you that!!

BTW; You of all people should know this, being a DW :yeees: and a R-T-B regular.
    >>>>Do you actually have a point?<<<<

You have a funny way of swapping and sharing information with me. I'd hate to work along side yourself :crazyeyes

Again, i replied to the above poster somewhere above.

Anyone whos ever done a few days tripping will automatically know this information. Again, if you are a R-T-B goer, you should know this as a matter of fact. If you do the R-T-B then why not try out the EF gatherings?
    It helps with the comedown because your body is depleted of vitamin C (amongst other things), as does water to help flush toxing out, and a healthy diet full of fruit and veg. More information in TheSites' comedowns article for those who are interested.
    Anyone whos ever done a few days tripping will automatically know this information.

I wish, there wouldn't be so much incorrect information out there if that was the case! I don't think you can assume that any two people will have the same experience on substances, so it is unlikely you would automatically know anything.
    >>>there is no evidence that orange juice brings you off a trip<<< ~

I didn't say that there was. Orange juice helps with the comedown ( Vit C )

" ANY COMPETANT DRUG WORKER WILL TELL YOU THIS."
    Hullo Jade, An experienced shroomer will indeed tell you that information. It's par for course, as in the suicide wednesdays for the week-end stimulant user's.
    There isnt really a comedown as such from mushrooms and how does vitamin C help?

Granted its anti-oxidant properties might slightly improve the persons general health, but it wont work in a perticular way with the mushies.
    Not sure and dont know. I'm not a brain surgeon Mr BB, not yet anyway :yeees:

its hard to find out, along with what drug do they pump into you at A&E. :(

PS, Are you a ex-Castlemorton boy, Biology, Clinker, Shoomer, telepathy, Earth First etc etc ;)
    Any substance use will deplete the vitamins in your body, is what I was getting at Bong, so john is not wrong inwhat he says.

And this is my problem, john. The information we try to give our users is factually based, which means that circumstantial evidence (ie. experience) is researched and scientifically proven as often as possible. Just becuase a bunch of people believe it doesn't mean its true. What did you say you did for a living again?

You may find Erowid's Psychedelic Crisis FAQ interesting -
    Traditionally, when a person is having a rough trip, hospitals give either anti-psychotics such as haloperidol, Risperdal, and Thorazine, or anti-anxiety drugs such as Valium or Xanax. The anti-psychotics are more geared towards ending a trip while the anti-anxiolytics are intended to redirect the experience by reducing the anxiety. Individuals without access to these substances sometimes choose to use mild depressants such as Kava, Alcohol, or GHB.
    Blimey, that sounds like suspect advice to me, I wouldnt give someone freaking out on a hallucinogen alcohol.

Certainly Benzo's are used if someone is freaking out, basically to stop them thinking and to slow the 'fight or flight' reponse.

As for drugs depleting the vitamins, hmm, I'm not sure about that one, certainly amphetamine group drugs take a toll on the body but a hallucinogen? Mushies have next to no physical effect on the body at all.
    Hullo Jade, i'm shocked :blush:

>>>And this is my problem, john.<<< ~ Yes, i understand fully, loud and very clear.

>>> The information we try to give our users is factually based,<<< ~ From where Jade, from where?

>>>Just becuase a bunch of people believe it doesn't mean its true.<<< ~ Jade, Lol, i only take excerpts from trade literature.

>>>What did you say you did for a living again?<<< Ask you mate sussie as i replyed to her before the x mas period. I realise that anyone can make things up on the internet, so i'll give you my managers name and number if you are that interested ( Professionally )

ps, thanxs for the antiphsyce info, but does that include UK protocols, as it is based on US's?
    bongbudda wrote:
    As for drugs depleting the vitamins, hmm, I'm not sure about that one, certainly amphetamine group drugs take a toll on the body but a hallucinogen? Mushies have next to no physical effect on the body at all.

I suppose the way I look at is that you take drugs, you stay up late, your sleeping pattern is broken, you skip a meal, your body is working harder to expel foreign substances etc etc, and that all takes its toll. But I do understand what you are saying.
    >>>There is no evidence that orange juice brings you off a trip<<< ~

Did i ever say that there was? BTW, it helps with the come down, any competant drug worker will tell you that!!

BTW; You of all people should know this, being a DW :yeees: and a R-T-B regular.

No, most competent drug workers will tell you to eat a decent meal afterwards with fresh fruit and veg. Orange juice is often not the best thing, especially on an empty stomach, its too acidic.
    >>>>Do you actually have a point?<<<<

You have a funny way of swapping and sharing information with me. I'd hate to work along side yourself :crazyeyes

Again, i replied to the above poster somewhere above.

Anyone whos ever done a few days tripping will automatically know this information. Again, if you are a R-T-B goer, you should know this as a matter of fact. If you do the R-T-B then why not try out the EF gatherings?

You have a really odd way of communicating - posting rumours and misinformation as fact. Outreach work is about clear communication - I'd hate to be one of your clients.
    Not sure and dont know. I'm not a brain surgeon Mr BB, not yet anyway :yeees:

PS, Are you a ex-Castlemorton boy, Biology, Clinker, Shoomer, telepathy, Earth First etc etc ;)

Why are you so keen to prove your credentials? You make me suspicious of your motives.
    LadyJade wrote:
    I suppose the way I look at is that you take drugs, you stay up late, your sleeping pattern is broken, you skip a meal, your body is working harder to expel foreign substances etc etc, and that all takes its toll. But I do understand what you are saying.

I'm not really arguing with the concept of 'topping up' the body with vitamins and such after taking drugs. It was more the emphasis on vitamin C and orange juice I found odd. As Blagsta said a good meal or just some bits of fruit would be the best option.
This discussion has been closed.