Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
I am very shy, going all red, quiet and fuck up...
And i want to overcome this
How could i get rid of my shyness?

Comments

• Options
    lmao @ J

Faking confidence works apparently? ;s
  • Options
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

I'm sorry there, StarGalaxy, but you aren't going to become a moderator :(
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    I'm sorry there, StarGalaxy, but you aren't going to become a moderator :(
    Bongbudda's the person on these boards who wants to become a moderator, not me. Having said that, though....
  • Options
    Hi,
    I am very shy, going all red, quiet and fuck up...
    And i want to overcome this
    How could i get rid of my shyness?
    i know a couple of very very shy blokes ...they have been this way for ever.
    they are seriously nice people ...both very good freinds of years.
    they have lived quiet reasonable lives ...and always have and will.
    they have good senses of humour.
    to have someone like me close to them may seem odd but ...my loudness and mad lifestyle history ...my brimming confidence in myself ...is something they call on for laughter ...advice and safety ...
    and in return i get common sense and peace and ...safety.
    changing isn't all it's cracked up to be sometimes ...especialy when changing your natural and beautiful self. in fact trying to be something and someone you aren't ...could well be damaging i would imagine.
    your shyness might just be one of your greatest qualities ...and your thinking of chucking it in the skip!
    learn to like yourself ...then even love yourself ...then ...you won't want to be anything but shy ...
  • Options
    I am a shy guy at work or around girls it can be said... But in the past few weeks I have over come it. I was at work and was thinking about why I was so shy and a little uncomfortable around people who can speak aloud when I can't and I thought Fuck it why be like this when theres a world of people out there who don't care, I should join them and become more secure with myself and there you go after that I haven't really thought about anything else except for giving my opinions and having a laugh really... Shyness is a terrible thing to have but once you have overcome it Josh its the best feeling in the world. It will come to you some day and you won't know it, but don't get down about it mate. :thumb: