Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Do you believe in ghosts??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited May 28 in General Chat

Has anyone ever seen a ghost or experienced anything wierd??

I'm not sure if i do - i worked in hampton court palace for a while and the stories i heard in there were freaky. One woman had to take weeks off work after she was walking down a hall one day felt like there was something behind her turned round and moments later the ghost walked through her :eek:
Post edited by Gemma on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't dis-believe, but i am yet to have come across anything that makes me believe, if that makes sense at all?

Although saying that my auntie has said before about how she has seen a ghost on two different occasions and if it wasn't for that she wouldn't believe herself, also she is not the kind of person just to make things up, so i guess you never really know.
    I didnt until my cat started staring at the chair and her tail puffed up coz she got scared and started crawling around the chair looking at something that just wasn't there... that was kinda freaky...
    oh and my dad started talking to the chair but he talks to anything that'll listen!
    Yes experienced them first hand, can't talk now gotta go to work for a bit.
    Yes i do, i believe there is more than just us now.
    no, i do not believe in ghosts personally :no:
    Im not to sure if i believe ot not, strange shit happens and i dunno, maybe theres another explanation for it
    aimz wrote:
    I didnt until my cat started staring at the chair and her tail puffed up coz she got scared and started crawling around the chair looking at something that just wasn't there... that was kinda freaky...

My dog does that sometimes, she just starts staring somewhere where there is nothing and acting odd. But then again maybe my dogs just nuts?
    do you believe in the boogyman?

I dont, in anything. when you die you die, theres no part of you that goes on living unless its a donated organ. theres no undead, ghosts, any of that fun stuff.
    ~playboy~ wrote:

No. I'm smart, logical, and rational instead.
    Kiezo wrote:
    No. I'm smart, logical, and rational instead.

:eek2:
    i don't believe in white cloths with eye holes punched in them but i do feel that there is something spiritual out there, just a force, nothing physical or even see able to the eye, just a presence.
    I believe in spirits aye.
    I do, but I'm started to disbelieve it now I think.

It's mostly because where I used to live there was a graveyard/church right near my house and we went there once (as ya do in shitey little villages with nowt to do when you're like...7) and we were just wandering round, and all the people that were there (about 5 maybe) said they saw one of the oldest gravestones moving...it was freaky...
    i tend to lean toward the fact that earthly materials have memory. or information stored.
    with our clever technology we do it all the time ...using materials from around us ...materials from the earth.
    with the right chemical electrical properties ...a building, a chair ...a boulder ...they may release some of that stored information.
    the right conditions may well be ...the right person or persons or animal ...to be near.
    :no:
    My parents tell me of the time when I was really young and asked them where that man I had been talking to had gone. And my mum said she'd seen a ghost a couple of times in that house.

I've got an open mind on the matter, personally. I think there are forces out there I guess we'll never know about...
    my pc stores information using ...silicon ...we are surrounded by the stuff!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,677 Skive's The Limit
    I don't believe in ghosts. But as long as there's no proof that they don't exist, I'm not dismissing the possibility.
    my_name wrote:
    when you die you die, theres no part of you that goes on living unless its a donated organ. theres no undead, ghosts, any of that fun stuff.
    Can you prove it?
    Go and watch the film Flatliners.... crazy stuff
    Zalbor wrote:
    I don't believe in ghosts. But as long as there's no proof that they don't exist, I'm not dismissing the possibility.

Can you prove it?

Can you not prove it? I don't believe until I see, or until I know of hardcore facts. thats just my theory.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,677 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    Can you not prove it? I don't believe until I see, or until I know of hardcore facts. thats just my theory.
    Did you notice the rest of what I said? I don't believe they exist. I couldn't be sure they exist since there's no proof they do, but I couldn't be sure they don't unless there's proof they don't.
    In few words, no proof for either thing => certainty is impossible.
    I would prefer it if there were friendly ghosts around (yes, like Casper) because I don't like the idea that when we die that is it for us, however, I am just a confused person when it comes like questions like this.
    no - to be honest im not that superscious, but i dont walk under ladders but for fear of being knocked out incase something falls off them, not because of bad luck!
    mocha_1977 wrote:
    but i dont walk under ladders but for fear of being knocked out incase something falls off them, not because of bad luck!

That's just common sense :razz:
    There may be something in the whole ghost thing, but tv shows like most haunted just make a mockery of it all.
    When I was very young in my old house we had weveral weird goings on:

* Family came home to find the attic door open (was closed before leaving)
    * Me and my mum came home, the kitchen light was on and my mum said to me "oh daddy is home", she put the key in the door to open it and the lights went off. No one was in the house.
    * My mum had creepy feelings on her legs a few nights whilst trying to fall asleep.

Personally I do feel that ghosts are real, but possibly not the way that people usually think they are real.
    im sure i have seen a ghost before.i went to a boarding school and i got up in the middle of the night to go to the loo, my room was at the top of the stairs i walked out and i saw a figure of an old lady looking up the stairs. i didnt tell anyone until months later me and my mates were talking about it and she had the same experience.i was later on then informed that an old couple had lived in the house and the lady had died there!!kinda freaky!!
    weveral

what an amazing word.
    the only thing that was unpredictable in such a thread.
    this word ...
    so enchanting ...
    so mystical ...
    I believe in the supernatural. We used to have a dog that would sit at the bottom of the stairs and bark at "nothing", it used to then back away from the stairs before going towards then running back again as if something was scaring it my mum used to say it was my grandad. A friend of my sisters was in the living roo when she reckons a picture flew off the wall towards her. Almost every picture taken in my old bed room has orbs in it, i took the 2 different digi cams to jessops and they reckon that "orbs" is the only explanation of the lights in the pictures. I could go on but im too tired so to end what im saying, we have "something" in my mums house :D most likely my mums dad :yes:
    It's kinda scary how many of you (usually with at least some sense of rationality) are so quick to write off the smallest of easily explainable events as supernatural.
    Kiezo wrote:
    It's kinda scary how many of you (usually with at least some sense of rationality) are so quick to write off the smallest of easily explainable events as supernatural.

Explain this then, asshole.

One time I went into some public toilets. I was standing there happily taking a piss, when I noticed a dick come straight the wall. STRAIGHT THROUGH THE WALL. It stayed there for a few minutes, but I was too horrifed to go investigate. It disappapead, I was gonna scream for help but it was too late because I just heard a person leave. When I had a look, no one was there...
This discussion has been closed.