Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Terminator lives up to his name

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lukesh wrote:
    i DO NOT believe in the early release scheme OK? Do you accept my opinion?
    i might accept it if you could coherently explain why!
    i've told you one of the main reasons it's there ...you refuse to debate it with me and instead say ...das wa i beleeeev ok duh!
    ok so why ...do you believe what you do ...based on what?
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    no, they should finish their time, they will definitley learn next time that prison means prison and it should be a journey they won't forget... so they won't bother returning ever again!

sorry but I don't believe in early release, even if the prisonor has been really good, they should do all of their time, they broke the law, simple as that - I can't stress it any more!
    so you don't even consider how the staff feel ...how a prison works on reward and punishment? you have so obviously not read my link to the conditions of liverpool nick and what the staff are having to put up with.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    no, they should finish their time, they will definitley learn next time that prison means prison and it should be a journey they won't forget... so they won't bother returning ever again!

sorry but I don't believe in early release, even if the prisonor has been really good, they should do all of their time, they broke the law, simple as that - I can't stress it any more!

well i hope you end up doing time for something that you totally regret doing and end up having to spend all that time in prison, have you no compassion, just pure evilness, your views scare me, seriously
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    ok... as far as i know this how it went, i said i didn't agree with early release scheme and rolly goes i havn't got a clue what prison is about. where do I stand there man?
    where do you stand?
    you tell us.
    tell us what you know of the judicial system ...the prison system ...why there are rewards for prisoners who make life bearable for the staff by obeying the rules whilst in there ...by cooperating with the system instead of fighting it.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    i have never been good at english... ok...

i don't believe in the early release scheme BECAUSE I believe that people who have broken the law should face up to the consequences as they have chosen to brake the law. giving them a hard time at prison will make it a bad thing to go to a prison.
    for fucks sake luke ...the judge passes a sentence of five years in the full knowledge that if the individual bows down ...does as he's told for once and thereby helps in the good running of the prison he'll be out in three.
    if the judge wants the guy to do a full five years he'll give him nine ...thats not to difficult for you to comprehend ...?
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    ok.... and my opinions are based on my own principles.
    principals are a fine thing to have luke but ...they have to be based on something ...like knowledge?
    an understanding of why things are done in a certain way?
    early release isn't about being soft ...it's about making criminals toe the line. stick and carrot.
    read again about liverpool ...if you should ever get six months for something ...will you be able to live in those conditions or will you top yourself like many do?
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    stuff that article in potential criminals please not be who abides by the law, ta!

can you insert a comma cause i dont understand
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    jesus christ if that how it goes... bloody hell you hear paedos getting 10 years and they will only do 5 years - jesus christ what a system!
    i pray you never go to jail luke ...you do not have the tools to survive.
    you ...would be a shagging boy.
    the big hard bastards who like young boys would be using you daily ...thats how hard prison life can be ...have a look at these reports ...http://www.guardian.co.uk/prisons
    yes it's the same link about the liverpool story ...read through the list about other jails ...a glimpse of the british penal system.

when you first enter hmp strangeways ...you are confronted with a carving in stone ...'abandonl hope all ye who enter in here' ...then you hear the the human sounds of missery that break the silence ...sobbibg ...screams ...forced sex ...people smashing their heads to a bloody pulp against the walls ...
    yet you seem to believe it's all about watching telly and playing games!
    the games that do get played ...i won't go into.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    sorry - my eyes man!

was just me reading from a distance, didnt need the comma in there really, helped me when i read it again, but was me been stupid
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    give that article to potential criminals and not to people who abide by the law, ta!
    so ...there aren't hundreds of people in jail who were cuaght up in events beyond their control ...innocent ...but sat in jail?
    never ever ever try to help someone out in a violent incident luke ...cos the jury may well get the story wrong ...the evidence may well look like you were guilty of something ...
    what about the guy who caused a train crash when his landrover accidently veered onto the railway ...he's doing five years!
    his only crime ...driving whilst tired ...we have all driven whilst tired.
    this guy is in all other respects a law abiding citezen ...
    don't ever get a driving liciense luke ...
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    here you go again looking at the minoirty. mate i give up on this, its getting us no where. we have different beliefs and principles.

principles are completly diferent from beliefs

i htink your principles are not based on enough knowledge

and the whole idea behind debate is that people do have to disagree for it to happen
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    here you go again looking at the minoirty. mate i give up on this, its getting us no where. we have different beliefs and principles.
    luke ...you don't have principals ...you have one liners that are the whole basis for most of your beliefs.
    where you get these one liners from no one knows cos you never explain.
    your beliefs/principals are based on absolutely nothing.
    no experience ...no knowledge ...no insight.

most other people in here are at least occasionaly able to ...hold their hands up and either admit they were wrong or at least say ...i never thought of it like that before ...
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    well crown me thre least intelligent person you know again then.
    :confused:
  • Options
    no ...you fucking go on and on about it!
    lukesh wrote:
    thats what you guys usually do. you go on and on about how unintelligent i am.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    err well yes i did say "and"

true

yes of course but this is getting us no where this about rolly telling me that a small minoirty might be in prison for no reason or a small stupid reason and they will have to do full time if it wasn't for the early release scheme.

look at it from a paedos point of view... do these deserve early release? err NO!

he always looks at it froma point of view where he has caught me out... well try looking at it from the example i have given.... a paedo.

he was saying that having early release schemes help keep control in the prisons, as if inmates had no incentives, they would just be violent and would scare and intimidate the staff, and then get out at the end of their sentence
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    he was saying that having early release schemes help keep control in the prisons, as if inmates had no incentives, they would just be violent and would scare and intimidate the staff, and then get out at the end of their sentence
    your wasting your breath.
  • Options
    luke ...don't you think that the early release scheme actualy controls criminal behaviour ...it gives the criminal a chance to do things right and see the bennefit of doing things right?
    can you explain to me how the pprison system could possibly work without rewards and incentives for the people in there?
    can you explain to me ...who the fuck would want to work there ...if the prisoners had nothing whatsoever to work toward?
    can you also report your parents to the cruelty people for filling your head with so much nonsense ...so many one liners based on zilch!
  • Options
    luke ...do you not think that for certain offenders the courts decision to send them to jail as punishment might have been a mistake ...there was a better way to punish the certain individual?
    do you not think that for certain prisoners ...the full sentence may turn out to be more harmful to him than good?
    meaning ...the proffesional people working in these places day in day out ...might just be right when they advise cutting a certain prisoners time short ...for his and societies well being?
  • Options
    early release isn't about being soft ...it's about making criminals toe the line. stick and carrot.

I know quite a few who have done time, including a close friend who did a year because he stepped in when a man was giving the boot to a wife he had beaten unconscious. That my friend likely saved the woman's life? Cost him a year in a penitentiary... Seems the "outlaw biker" appearance of my friend was more important to the judge than the facts of the case...

MR is giving luke the benefit of his own experience. There is a reason that certain facilities are known as Gladiator Academies... A youthful offender is sent there because he fucked up; when he is released? He is FUCKED FOR LIFE.
    ...if you should ever get six months for something ...will you be able to live in those conditions or will you top yourself like many do?

luke would become a sex-toy - as you well know - IF he survived his time. With his mouth? Longevity would be tenuous...
    lukesh wrote:
    i got nowt to worry about... like I said give it to potential criminals go on... print them sheets off and distribute them to scum bags OK? ta

Wrong. Your ignorance and stupidity will rear their ugly head, when you have a vote to be counted. And your ignorance? Would cost honest men their lives...

Understand the reality of PRISON RIOT? With your anal/cranial inversion, there would be no consequence, no reason to NOT riot. And riots would become the norm, not the aberration...

The prisoners run the prisons, NOT the guards. Early release simply gives the guards a fighting chance...

Britain is not the only place with tough prisons... Attica ain't no vacation, and Pelican Bay is the repository of the worst of the worst, those flushed from other prisons. It ain't for choirboy diletante's like yourself. You struggling with your sexuality? In prison, you would find the true reality of being a "bitch", and you would bleed on a daily basis.

MR is making the attempt to help you through your ignorance based prejudice... better you should listen up...
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    if you can't do the time then don't do the crime.
    did you understand a word of what globe said luke?
    his mate was in there for saving a womans fucking life ...
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    if you can't do the time then don't do the crime.

if you havnt experienced it, then dont rubbish what other people are telling you
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    if you havnt experienced it, then dont rubbish what other people are telling you
    lukes view of life seems to be black and white right and wrong with no shades of reality inbetween.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    if we all abide buy the rules there would be no need for prisons.
    when the yanks went to the moon they came back with cheese that was out of this world ...
  • Options
    luke ...is your father that fucking boring that he has never ever driven one mile an hour over the speed limit?
  • Options
    lukes view of life seems to be black and white right and wrong with no shades of reality inbetween.

Respectfully... luke's "view of life" is a delusion of one who has yet to live, and reality has no place in it.

There has yet to live a man who has not broken laws. Not possible.

Perhaps luke simply needs an extended "field trip" in one of those place where the turnkeys fear to tread, in order to un-ass his head...

While I believe in capital punishment in particular instances, I also hold that early release is in place for society's benefit, rather than that of the individual.
  • Options
    Globe wrote:
    While I believe in capital punishment .
    the ONLY reason i DON'T believe in it is i see it as an easy way out for the person you think deserves it.
    i fully understand your point of view.
    the real nasties over here who get the headlines and we all want to personaly kill ...all try taking their own lives cos they cannot stand the living punishment they have to endure.
    if i had my way ...instead of killing them ...i'd look to science to make the bastards live forever.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    if we all abide buy the rules there would be no need for prisons.

problem is not everybody does

you seem to base yourself on ideals, but thats all they are
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    problem is not everybody does
    reality is ...no one does!
    no human can go through life without breaking the rules.
  • Options
    saint luke ...now theres a thought.