Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My ex husband (henceforth referred to as "wanker")

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It is partly vindictiveness, although I know he wouldn't just change his mind and bring him back. It is a way of getting at me though, and a way of getting at Mr Miffy too as both times he's done this he's made up a load of crap about him. And other times in between.

I SO wish it wasn't so difficult to sue for defamation of character in this country. Mr M is a bleedin saint for putting up with all this crap.
  • Options
    Using kids as a weapon or tool to get at your other half is cowardly and cheap. Don't sink to his level.

Also let your kid decide for themselves whether or not to see their Dad. Cause at the end of the day no matter how much you despise him he is still their Dad.

btw Ninja available for hire ;)
  • Options
    Have baseball bat, will travel.

No, seriously, think of the positives, hon. If he is breaching his visitation orders then you and your solicitor would have a very good shot at claiming that he can't be trusted to see your child at all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Have baseball bat, will travel.

No, seriously, think of the positives, hon. If he is breaching his visitation orders then you and your solicitor would have a very good shot at claiming that he can't be trusted to see your child at all.

Yeah its not that easy for the child though is it? I mean i'm sure he loves his daddy & doubt he really understands whats going on.
  • Options
    Well I'm thinking maybe supervised contact. I don't know, just want to get him back first.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Yeah its not that easy for the child though is it? I mean i'm sure he loves his daddy & doubt he really understands whats going on.

So? Surely it's about what's best for the child, rather than what the child 'wants'.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    So? Surely it's about what's best for the child, rather than what the child 'wants'.

Yes but you should take the childs feeings into thing which i am sure Miffy is doing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Yes but you should take the childs feeings into thing which i am sure Miffy is doing.

He would never have seen the scumbag again if I wasn't.

But really it's about what the Courts think is best for the child, that's what it boils down to and I doubt very much they'd want to cut his contact altogether. After all, it's not my ex's right to see my son, it's my son's right to see his dad. Anyway, I'll be seeing my solicitor about all of this afterwards.
  • Options

Alright, I was going to say you can't be an Aunt or such, because until you have a wee one where you know they're your responsibility you can't say such things.

Although in this case, yes it'd be best if Miffy'd cut contact with the ex but saying that, the wee one'd want to see his Dad purely because he's his Dad.

S'a toughie.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    it's my son's right to see his dad.

Yeah exactly.

My parents split when i was 8 for a while & i remember being a bit confused then, all i knew was daddy shouted alot & we stayed at my mums friends house for a while.
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Alright, I was going to say you can't be an Aunt or such, because until you have a wee one where you know they're your responsibility you can't say such things.

I have three actually. And I stick by it. It may be that it's in miffy's young'uns best interests to know her wanker. But if it's not, then nothing the child says or 'wants' should get in the way of that.

But as you say, it's a toughie.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    At first glance that sentence looks rather disturbing.

yes, i haven't eaten yet. sorry.
  • Options
    yes, i haven't eaten yet. sorry.

And I'm glad I aren't;)
  • Options
    And I'm glad I aren't;)

Wht?:confused:
  • Options
  • Options
    I have three actually. And I stick by it. It may be that it's in miffy's young'uns best interests to know her wanker. But if it's not, then nothing the child says or 'wants' should get in the way of that.

Fiend, I understand what you mean.
  • Options
    And I'm glad I aren't;)

Liquid lunch was it?! ;)
  • Options

I totally disagree. Yes, sometimes it is best that the child are taken out of the situation. But surely there are times when what the kid wants is actually best for them, even if the adults don't think so. I'm not trying to apply this to this specific situation, i'm talking in general.

I just hate it in the custody battle, when children who are old enough to know what's going on and understand, and who are old enough to have an idea of what they'd like, are completely ignored and used as pawns.

Good luck in getting him back Miffy, Law's on your side.