Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

boy rAcers and their HuGE cars

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by MrG
    we might agree to disagree on my post quality within particular threads, but as for threads, me thinks you confused with your english

Well as an english student that might make me a little bit stupid eh? Yes i know that thread = primary branch of posts. Methinks you're attempting to condescend.
    and having so much of a social life yourself you can tell me where and when im getting my kicks?

Well, maybe if you look back at my post you might ask where i said that i give half a shit about how you spent your afternoon? btw you might want to stop saying that constantly, its starting to get obsessive now.

And as far as trying to correct me goes, if you've noticed in these other sections, i'm not a regular poster. I frequent the anything goes and drugs boards mainly. And before you come out with "WELL I DONT CARE ABOUT THAT DO I?!" it doesn't take a moron to think about whether or not they've spotted a certain poster posting in a certain forum.
  • Options
    wanna live in a nice town close to the airport?
    stockport.
  • Options
    well put
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    :chin: is it nice?

How far away is Swinton from the airport? In time.. given that I have to stick to the speed limit due to my car not being modded up :p
    I found the nicest place in Swinton but it looks ages away from the airport.. I kinda wanted to live on the runway :p

Radcliffe, nice? erm... well... :p

Nah, the part i live in is nice, but its on the borders of bolton really.

Swintons about 30, maybe 40 mins away? About the same as from here really.

And you really don't want to live near the airport, believe me :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    wanna live in a nice town close to the airport?
    stockport.

I've never been there, is it worth a look round or is it just the same as any other town really?

And city centre wise, do you know of anywhere amazingly different? like resteraunts etc. Tend to go there all the time whenever i skip lesson at college these days, so need some decent places to go :p

Like afflecks :D
  • Options
    just can't seem to find lots of nice places to live there :(

Salford Quays :D
  • Options
    Heh, guided tour eh :chin:

Most places around Manchester will be less than an hour's drive away anyway. As far as nice places go, theres a good few of them about, although DON'T live in Bury - its got an alright town centre but all the shops have nothing good in them, and the interchange is home to a load of drunks that i have to walk past every morning while they're all swigging lambrini :yuck:

Just depends what budget you're on/what you're after like flat, house etc and what you mean by "nice" place - if you mean somewhere without stabbings and shootings then don't go for crumpsall, cheetam hill etc :p
  • Options
    cherry lambrini is actually quite nice
  • Options
    Isn't salford ages away and in <<~~~ that direction?

I don't know Manchester at all :D why did I put it as my base? :confused:

I've only seen stockport in between the rail station and the orion business park.. although one of my mates did take me on a magic mystery tour trying to get me back to the rail station :lol:

Salford's nearish to outside the city centre. But i wouldn't advise you go house hunting there - its all spot the glass and stuff :p

Same with moss side, even though people [rolly too i imagine] will try to claim its getting better it so ain't :p

Manchesters great when you get to know it, loads of places to go and stuff, and we have the printworks and IMAX :D

And loads of clubs like lucid

Anddd erm we had fathers 4 justice on the big wheel a few weeks ago ;s
    ;p
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    cherry lambrini is actually quite nice

Not at 8:30 on a monday morning after a hungover weekend thankyou very much :(
  • Options
    I'd be looking at £450 a month MAX to rent. I do NOT want to house share.. just no :no:

Preferably a lil flat or an apartment sorta thing, furnished, and not above a shop :D

There are some amazing flats in the city centre overlooking gardens and stuff but im guessing rents an issue with them.

Tried looking on fish4 or whatever?
  • Options
    stockport is one of the wealthiest towns in greater manchester and still holds a huge ammount of independance from manchester city council.
    spend a week there and ask a taxi driver to take you around.
    most of the telly people have their permanent homes there ...
    it has been know as a town of shopkeepers for around 300 years ...meaning it is full of well heeled and independant traders and families ...to this day.
    there are no ghettos as such.
    avoid brinnington and adswood and your in tree lined avenues.