Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Who has hit the sales

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i got
    * a berghaus coat £125 reduced from £250
    * trousers for £20 reduced from £50
    * work shirt and tie for £20.

we have some next stuff coming from the online sale - quite when i have no idea
  • Options
    Where do you people find the money for sale shoping after christmas? :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety

Many people get given money on Christmas day nowadays as opposed to Christmas presents.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety

by not over doing it and not spending it at christmas and waiting for the sales

I also have my eye on some shoes at Jones - but they are still £80 - so I'll wait!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    Many people get given money on Christmas day nowadays as opposed to Christmas presents.

True. Ah well best wait until we win the lottery lol.
  • Options
    Remember me as a nice guy, if and when you do ;o
  • Options
    We had to go out yesterday to do some stuff, were going to go to a retail park near us to see if Mr M could get some trainers which he actually really does need. We took one look at the traffic queueing up to get into the place, changed our minds and went the other way. NO amount of money off could persuade me to enter that rugby scrum!

ETA: ROFL @ peoples' mums. :D
  • Options
    should have gone on boxing day, miffy. cov was dead as a very dead thing.
  • Options
    Makes me feel bad theres so many people on here dissaproving off sales because I went three days in a row :blush: And I might be going tommorow aswell...
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    28 days. and it has to have been sold at the full price for 28 days. otherwise you can get in bother.

but certain shops are illegal bastards anyway. mentioning no names, of course *cough*

What shop are you talking about?
    I went into the hustler "sale" the other day and there was a blatant orignal label on it (including description, barcode etc) with the price as £20 and on top of it they had stuck a tiny little price label (you know the type they use in newsagents to price orange juice and stuff) with £25 on it. Hanging off the items was a big sale label claiming 'was £25, now £20' - bullshit!
  • Options
    I went in yesterday to return a DVD that I'd been given two copies of for christmas and then bought another DVD that was cheaper than the one I'd returned.

So I managed to come out of the sales with MORE money than I went in with!
  • Options
    Originally posted by princessamy
    Makes me feel bad theres so many people on here dissaproving off sales because I went three days in a row :blush: And I might be going tommorow aswell...

Well I don't disapprove of them, they just fill me with abject horror! ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity

no effort or thought taken to try get a present idea off someone
  • Options
    Originally posted by princessamy
    What shop are you talking about?

a certain well-known auto-type store that can't be named for legal reasons.
  • Options
    28 days. and it has to have been sold at the full price for 28 days. otherwise you can get in bother.

but certain shops are illegal bastards anyway. mentioning no names, of course *cough*

Thats who i was hinting at :p
  • Options
    a certain well-known auto-type store that can't be named for legal reasons.

That also deals with pedal cycles :p

I've finished there now anyway, walked out on them at the beginning of the christmas period 'cause the manager was being a wanker. The whole company is going to shit, just look at the company's funded bulletin boards for instance.

He's gonna get a sexy formal complaint to his area manager ;D
  • Options
    I went sales shopping yesterday. The shopping Gods were not smiling down on me, as i didn't manage to find jeans OR trainers that i liked; i might have to have another go at the weekend or something. I managed to get a nice top from the Next sale and next year's Christmas cards though.
  • Options
    I got a pair of shoes and 4 tops from Dorothy perkins today for under £40. :D
  • Options
    a lot of companies though with the whole 28 day thing will litterally put one out at full price for a month and then bring out lots when the sales start...or in chains only put one out in one of theirs shops...
  • Options
    no one ever answers my questions.......:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    no one ever answers my questions.......:(

Sorry!!! By the time i read everything i forgot what the question was...

~I bought a pair of boots today...they were only reduced by a fiver but i was going to buy them anyway so was good...packet of fags for free!!

Cant stand the sales though..its manic round here..its like in films with people fighting over shit and gaaah its crazy...cant do it...thankfully the shop i work in is a bit quieter but still not enjoying it...got no money to spend in the sales now so bring on the end of them...taking me bloody ages to get to work too cos of the traffic..worse than xmas shopping traffic!!
  • Options
    My grandma's like that she's buy me size 16-18 thinking they are ages 16-18 (I'm size 8-10) :lol:
    :lol:

my mum is just like that. she always comes out with corkers like 'you ARE a size 14, aren't you?' and buys things for me in medium/large. and when i look at her funny, she says 'oh, but your jacket's a 14. yeah, AGE 14.

and she bought mr. kaff and my brother the same size pants for christmas. medium. like either of them look anything like a medium. mr. k could probably fit me in there with him, and my brother might be able to wear them on his big toe.
  • Options
    i have to be the party pooper i'm afraid ...the world is in fucking turmoil ...millions of people have just been made homeless ...jobs gone for years as many harbours and fishing fleets have been totaly detroyed ...tourist industries destroyed ...towns wiped off the face of the earth ...thousand upon thousands of people have just lost their children ...their mum and dad ...all their hopes and dreams ...so ...instead of OWNING yet another bit of tat on the cheap ...how about sending the money to these desperate ...suffering ...heartbroken people?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    so ...instead of OWNING yet another bit of tat on the cheap ...how about sending the money to these desperate ...suffering ...heartbroken people?

Sorry but ive been there where ive had nowt, Ive been almost penniless wondering how id pay the gas bill, ive suffered really hard times and did anyone help me ?
    I do give to charity but I wont be made to feel guilty cos now im in the position to be able to treat myself/Daughter in the sales id rather do that than give the money to charity.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Sorry but ive been there where ive had nowt, Ive been almost penniless wondering how id pay the gas bill, ive suffered really hard times and did anyone help me ?
    I do give to charity but I wont be made to feel guilty cos now im in the position to be able to treat myself/Daughter in the sales id rather do that than give the money to charity.
    this aint charity BB ...this is the biggest disaster that modern man has had to face ...this is many countries all at once suffering on a scale we have never seen before in modern times.
    i have been homeless and peniless ...but what has that got to do with anything?
    the world at the moment is facing possibly one of the hugest crisis it has ever faced ...if something else should happen on top of this we could be in melt down.
    farm land has been destroyed. lives.
    this aint a famine in some global corner ....
    i think the reality of this will start to hit home when certain foodstuffs stop being available to us ...the one tenth of the worlds population who live like we do.
    when diseases start spreading ...and god forbid ...one more disaster on top of the scale of this one ...could and probably will send the world we know into a real tailspin.
    pray ...that no more disasters of any magnitude happen whilst we are still trying to figure out how the hell we deal with the massive problem we have now ...which all the aid agencies and charities in this world have never had the likes of to face before.
    this isn't something that won't effect us all ...
    a bargain ...at the moment seems a bit trifling to me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

a bargain ...at the moment seems a bit trifling to me.

Im not disputing its bad, I still wont be made to feel guilty because im in the position to buy stuff for me or my family.
  • Options
  • Options
    please ...i aint asking anyone to feel guilty.
    i don't think it has hit home just how big this thing is.
    it is going to effect our lives.
    the aid agencies have never ever been challenged like this before and neither has mankind in modrn times.
    this is so huge and so horrendous ...oxfam christian aid etc ....are all taking donations.
    i'm not trying to piss on peoples happiness ...i am concerned that the enormity of what is happening has not yet been conveyed to most people in the western world. anywhere in the world for that matter.
    it will be brought home to all of us in the coming months.
    this is not like any other aid situation in your or my lifetime ...
  • Options
  • Options
    funky fornarina shoes down to half price!
    diesel jeans with £30 off
    and a pretty top from USC for £14