Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Who has hit the sales

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone got some good bargains ? what have you bought in the sales ?

My best buy has to be a skirt reduced from 24.99 to a tenner, dead chuffed with that and also a pair of shoes for our Rebecca for a fiver :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Woke up on boxing day at 1:30; I then asked myself "can I really be arsed?" to which I replied "No, Capacity". Same for this morning really, so I watched a film called 'Pollyanna' and was glad that I'm not a cheapo.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    Woke up on boxing day at 1:30; I then asked myself "can I really be arsed?" to which I replied "No, Capacity". Same for this morning really, so I watched a film called 'Pollyanna' and was glad that I'm not a cheapo.

A swift crack in the face is what you need.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay

Ned hair, Ned speak. Can you get any more Ned2be? When will you learn that I would win in a fight with you? ;<
  • Options
    Ned hair, Ned speak. Can you get any more Ned2be? When will you learn that I would win in a fight with you? ;<

The only reason you call me a ned is because you got bullied by them in primary school, high school, reception class, nursery school, play school, the scouts, etc and were scared to go out of the house in case they beat you up and took your milk money so you stayed at home and watched star trek and taught yourself machine code ;x

I'd drop you like a small vodka in a fight ;(
  • Options

With a 40 pound sledge hammer.
  • Options
    I'd imagine every town centre would be full of dirty common bastards out for a bargain.

Yuck.

A lot of things are expensive for good reason - so smelly families can't tarnish the respectable name of the brand.
  • Options
    Lmao @ Bri
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne

Or with Rick Waller ;(
  • Options
    The only reason you call me a ned is because you got bullied by them in primary school, high school, reception class, nursery school, play school, the scouts, etc and were scared to go out of the house in case they beat you up and took your milk money so you stayed at home and watched star trek and taught yourself machine code ;x

I'd drop you like a small vodka in a fight ;(

Wrong ringo. The only reason I call you a ned is because I've seen your pic. And for the record, it was Boy's Brigade - Scouts was for lower-level society-users.
    Originally posted by risenshine

I absolutely love people like you. ;(
  • Options

OMG! I loved the book when I was small! I even cried :(

Either way, sales don't start here until start-mid January.
    Though I did go to town today, so I could get some fresh air and return some stuff, and then I got two dresses (which I will probably return) for new years eve (don't have anything to wear!!!1!!1111!!!!).
  • Options
    Well Becky (I'll attempt to steer this back to the original topic) I got up rather earlier than usual (ok, 10am, which is earlier than usual when I'm not working!) in order to hit the NEXT sales. Online. Yes, I'm too lazy to go out, and can't afford the petrol, or the time in prison for lamping the kind of people who go out rummaging amongst sale rails (;) ) so I ordered myself £200 of discounted clothing from the NEXT online sale.

Highly recommended!
  • Options

I absolutely love people like you. ;(

'Cos i'm everything you aspire to be, and more?
  • Options
    'Cos i'm everything you aspire to be, and more?

Oh you know.

... And 'cause effectively, Duffy is saying "my stamp collection is better than yours" while you're standing behind his shoulder pouncing in at a well-timed moment going "YEH!!"
  • Options
    Oh you know.

... And 'cause effectively, Duffy is saying "my stamp collection is better than yours" while you're standing behind his shoulder pouncing in at a well-timed moment going "YEH!!"

And you're going "NU'UH!!!"
  • Options
    Oh you know.

Nah, I just think you need a good crack to the jaw with a 40 pound sledge.
  • Options
    Re: Who has hit the sales

I have hit Tom's mum LMFAO ROFL LOUTL
  • Options
    Nah, I just think you need a good crack to the jaw with a 40 pound sledge.

I'm sure you tell that to strangers in the pub all the time.
  • Options
    a man will buy a £1 item he needs for £2, and a woman wil buy a £2 item she doesnt need only cause its £1

so true :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    and a woman wil buy a £2 item she doesnt need only cause its £1

Lol....true :lol:
  • Options
    come on suckers ...don't you think the pagan capitalist bastards have sucked enough money out of us already at this time of year and now ...they realy take the piss by selling you something with 50% off ...and still make money ...they may as well put big signs up saying how they ripped you off for tha thousand pound chair cos look ...we can realy sell it at five hundred quid and still make ...forget it ...your all suckers so won't understand.
  • Options
    Having worked at various shops when you're buying something ignore the 50% OFF!!!11!11! TODAY ONLY!1!!!1 signs. Any stock that actually is going at the 50% off or whatever rate has been sat in the company's warehouses for however long it takes for trading standards to allow you to call it 50% off before it even goes out half the time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    come on suckers ...don't you think the pagan capitalist bastards have sucked enough money out of us already at this time of year and now ...they realy take the piss by selling you something with 50% off ...and still make money ...they may as well put big signs up saying how they ripped you off for tha thousand pound chair cos look ...we can realy sell it at five hundred quid and still make ...forget it ...your all suckers so won't understand.

The other option is what? Break into the warehouse, find out how much they bought it for, leave that amount in an envelope on the floor and just take the items you want?

I couldn't care less how much profit they are making. The item still costs less than it did two weeks ago.

Hanley was full of smelly chavs. Even more than usual, which is a lot actually.
  • Options
    I bought a tonne of stuff for my new flat.

first time in my life Ive actually enjoyed looking at freezers and washing machines as opposed to making a beeline for the games ssection. I think there must be something wrong with me :P

Phoenix
  • Options
    Bought a coat for £15 which was reduced from £25 on Monday there wasn't many shops open with it being a bank holiday so I'll hit the sales properly today.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

why pagan???

i thought they were all americans that were the capitalists.......

are the sales still gonna be on when i come over on the 20th??
  • Options
    Having worked at various shops when you're buying something ignore the 50% OFF!!!11!11! TODAY ONLY!1!!!1 signs. Any stock that actually is going at the 50% off or whatever rate has been sat in the company's warehouses for however long it takes for trading standards to allow you to call it 50% off before it even goes out half the time.

28 days. and it has to have been sold at the full price for 28 days. otherwise you can get in bother.

but certain shops are illegal bastards anyway. mentioning no names, of course *cough*
  • Options
    I got lots of pretty things. Including new shiney trainers for indoor training.
  • Options
    I got..

- Red parka
    - Brown/red scarf
    - Brown flared cords
    - Floaty babydoll top
    - Jeans
    - Black polo neck jumper
    - Pinky striped jumper
    - 2 DVDs

All for under £70 :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    She's like oh it's a size 10 so it must be for you.. great, given I'm a size 6/8 :mad:

:lol:

my mum is just like that. she always comes out with corkers like 'you ARE a size 14, aren't you?' and buys things for me in medium/large. and when i look at her funny, she says 'oh, but your jacket's a 14. yeah, AGE 14.

and she bought mr. kaff and my brother the same size pants for christmas. medium. like either of them look anything like a medium. mr. k could probably fit me in there with him, and my brother might be able to wear them on his big toe.
  • Options
    I went shopping yesterday, and only bought one thing that was on sale. I was very disappointed in myself. :(