Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Homosexuality - a lifestyle choice

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by lukesh
    "If we wanted to be straight, we would be "

i wanna cry i really do,. i want to be straight i made my self strauight i was incrediabley unhappy... i still am now but not as bad.

i want to be straught but tis not going to work. i have had enough oft hese dickheadsw who keep making out tis a fucking choice. if it wa si qouldn't be gay nop bloody way i hate beuing gay tis crap!!

Being gay is in no way a failing on your part Lukesh. It is NOT something you should feel guilty about.
  • Options
    I think he means that you have done nothing wrong, and that being gay is not a failing, fault or negative aspect in any way whatsoever.

Please ignore anyone who suggests there is anything wrong with being gay.

In fact, twat them across the face if they ever suggest it, because they'd definitely need a good slap.
  • Options
    Coming out is seldom an easy and trouble-free experience. It can be very distressing.

And if you are indeed surrounded by people who are criticising you for it in any way, then it must be hell for you.

I'd suggest changing sceneries mate, even if you think you're too young to leave your parents' nest. No one should have to put up with bigotry. Not every town and city is like that. I'd strongly suggest moving to Manchester, London or similar city where you are very rarely going to have to put up with bigots.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I'd suggest changing sceneries mate, even if you think you're too young to leave your parents' nest. No one should have to put up with bigotry. Not every town and city is like that. I'd strongly suggest moving to Manchester, London or similar city where you are very rarely going to have to put up with bigots.

I'd suggest Brighton actually, its a bit of a haven.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    In my view it isnt a choice, though thats not really based on any scientific data as such, just people I know who have been/are gay always say that they've always sort of known.

Nah. Its definatly a choice. Ive known people that were gay but went through therapy and changed.
  • Options
    in my opinion it is a choice, ok some people have always known they were gay but not all.
    there is nothing wrong in the fact, that, some are confused and dont know wether they are gay or not, in fact most people wether conciously or sub-conciously have during adolecense experienced thoughts of being gay.
    lukesh, listen mate, try not to let peoples narrowmindedness get you down.
    okay your gay, its you that needs to be happy not anybody else.
    i have many gay friends some of whom have denied for many years that they were not gay then, when they came out sure, people had shit to say they said the secret not to pretend and most of all smile, dont let people know that its getting to you(exept when you need help and advice) then they will get bored soon enough and fault find elsewhere.
    just ensure that you are happy with who you are......... ;):D
  • Options
    sorry my intention was not to make you angry.....
    tell me to go jump if you want....but what exactly is confusing you? wether you are gay or not? wether other people judgements are confusing you?
    im not taking piss, like i said i have had many friend in similar situations....
  • Options
    this is normal mate!
    personaly (i know its hard) but you just got to ignore other people, if they cant accept you for who you are, then its their loss not yours, its them that are confused as they dont understand or refuse to understand why people prefer the same sex.
    dont mess your head up worrying about them, get yourself out and about to find likeminded people, you'll find that they have good advice, as they have been through all this themselves.....
  • Options
    sorry i have tooken over this thread again.. get back to topic now.

but this is the topic. other people choices seem to be bringing your sexuallity into question within yourself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by scary_tomato
    Nah. Its definatly a choice. Ive known people that were gay but went through therapy and changed.

What a load of bollocks.
  • Options
    it isnt a choice, blatantly, what causes it not to be a choice is a mix of things like what happens in the womb, the genetics, social conditioning etc etc

wen i was unsure i asked myself the most simple question, what or whom has turned me on in my lifetime, and it was only girls, and for some im sure its the other way, and nothing will change that

i do think maybe to brian molko though :p

but on the other hand my mate she was confused and half her mates are gay or lesbian (not bi) and one of the lesbos fancied her, and kept trying to convince her that cause she dont know she must be a dyke, which well isnt true, she should of jsut been left to her own devices, once that girl had her way, she didnt want anymore, and my mate realised she was mainly straight cause she fancied me more and some other guys :blush:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    What if it IS a choice for some people and not a choice for others? Just because person A is gay and it was a choice for him/her, doesn't have to mean that it was also a choice for person B.
  • Options
    Double post - sorry
  • Options
    put it this way it can't be a choice for me as why the hell would I choose being in hell well close to it anyway!
    Was that a reply to me? Dude, read what I said again.