Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How dodgy are you?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No thanks

which part, sex, drugs, or vandalism? :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    Which part, sex, drugs, or vandalism? :D
    All of it. I have no intention of having lots of promiscious sex, I have no plans to take huge amount of drugs and I don't wish to vandalise.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    All of it. I have no intention of having lots of promiscious sex, I have no plans to take huge amount of drugs and I don't wish to vandalise.

So just a little promiscious sex and a medium amount of drugs then?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    So just a little promiscious sex and a medium amount of drugs then?
    No. I don't think my Christianity would allow it.
  • Options
    I don't think my Christianity would allow it.

is drug use in itself morally vicious?
  • Options
    Erm... I'll get back to you on that, I need to think...
  • Options

It could be caught under the 'worshiping graven images' rule. In that you are putting the drug above your service to God. But that would really only apply in terms of addiction.
  • Options
    exactly im talking about recreational use
  • Options
    exactly im talking about recreational use

Well one could argue that its not the drugs in of themselves but the funding of a black market which is morally dubious and therefore a Christian wouldnt want to.
  • Options
    Erm... I'll get back to you on that, I need to think...

You don't need to think, you need to check scriptures, just so you're getting your ideas from the right place.

Incidentally, what it so far has said to me is to not get drunk, which would suggest taking so much of anything as to loose control. So, you can drink alcohol, but not get drunk.

but if you want to know, you need to get it from the source.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Incidentally, what it so far has said to me is to not get drunk, which would suggest taking so much of anything as to loose control. So, you can drink alcohol, but not get drunk.
    Thanks for letting me know. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know. :)
    Dude, don't take it from me, I could be lying. Study the source if you actually give a shit.
  • Options
    Well one could argue that its not the drugs in of themselves but the funding of a black market which is morally dubious and therefore a Christian wouldnt want to

therefore growing weed or self production of drugs would scoot round this yes?

Ok i'll rephrase; Is taking a drug in and of itself inherentlly vicious?
  • Options
    therefore growing weed or self production of drugs would scoot round this yes?

Ok i'll rephrase; Is taking a drug in and of itself inherentlly vicious?

Moreover, if we're talking in a christian moral sense, is it against God, is it a rejection of God, and does it in itself damage our own bodies, or anything else.
  • Options
    Moreover, if we're talking in a christian moral sense, is it against God, is it a rejection of God, and does it in itself damage our own bodies, or anything else.

I'm not sure if it would have to be a rejection of God.

Some drug use would probably damage the body, though not in an extreme way and would probably be less risky that horse riding which I believe to be considered moral.

I guess it would heavily depend on the drug, how it was used and the user.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if it would have to be a rejection of God.

Some drug use would probably damage the body, though not in an extreme way and would probably be less risky that horse riding which I believe to be considered moral.

I guess it would heavily depend on the drug, how it was used and the user.

In the pure and simple sense, every decision made as a christian needs to be decided on what God thinks of it.
  • Options
    In the pure and simple sense, every decision made as a christian needs to be decided on what God thinks of it.

Yes, and because of that I would suggest that personal recreational level of usage would be a personal choice between you and God. Not something that could be proscribed by The Church.
  • Options
    Yes, and because of that I would suggest that personal recreational level of usage would be a personal choice between you and God. Not something that could be proscribed by The Church.

nothing should be proscribed (dude, is that the right spelling?) by the church. As I said to Stargalaxy, don't take my word for it, I could be lying, you need to check the source. Everything should come out of the bible.
  • Options
    nothing should be proscribed (dude, is that the right spelling?) by the church. As I said to Stargalaxy, don't take my word for it, I could be lying, you need to check the source. Everything should come out of the bible.
    I will do. As for "proscribed", I believe what you said was "prescribed".
  • Options

Yeah Yeah Yeah,

Just go and do something anything illegal
  • Options

Nope, I meant proscribe.
  • Options

Yes, that is the right spelling, from the word proscribe to mean ban, rule out, forbid etc.

You're right about The Church, but, as with any other organisation its flawed by its very human nature.
  • Options
    Nope, I meant proscribe.
    Oops! Makes sense now - since when do I get prescriptions from the church? D'oh!
  • Options
    Yes, that is the right spelling, from the word proscribe to mean ban, rule out, forbid etc.

You're right about The Church, but, as with any other organisation its flawed by its very human nature.

Indeedy, it isn't just true for the church but for anything, as a christian, I should be checking what the bible says, if I say I believe it, I'd better make sure I know what it says.
  • Options
    Bongbudda, the problem is there is nothing in the Bible that specifically mentions drugs. I've been wrestling with this one for over a year.

Smoking harms my body, so ciggies bad? How about hash cakes? no smoke so no harm to the body but is it good?

The closest I come to a similair substance is alcohol, a drug which is allowed in moderation.

I still don't know. :confused:
  • Options
    I'd worry about whether hash has a long term health affect, to be fair, if you feel confused, you should probably ask for clarity, most likely you'll get it.
  • Options
    I'd worry about whether hash has a long term health affect, to be fair, if you feel confused, you should probably ask for clarity, most likely you'll get it.

Yes but so can alcohol. Considering some of the crap we put into our bodies i would less afraid of weed and hash which have been around and used for thousands of years than say GM foods or coca-cola.
  • Options
    Indeed, I wouldn't ever take it, but that's because of the reasons behind it. I wouldn't worry about taking it either though. My choices when it comes to drink and drugs were made before I became a christian.
  • Options
    Fair enough.
  • Options