Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Beauty `must have`

2»

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by Gigi
    B Never Too Busy to B Beautiful from Lush is a shower gel that smells like lovely honey, its not foundation. I have some at home, but I am saving it because you can't buy it anymore.

Gigi, have a look here, B Never is the newish store by the same people that run Lush, its just like the posh older sister version. Its located right next door to Lush in Carnaby St, and their packaging is exquisite. But yes you are right, the B Never shower gel has been discontinued, but by the name I guess the idea for the shop has been kicking about for a while...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jade have you tried the aqua mirablis? If not then you have to. its really fabulous and gorgeous. It doesnt last long though.
  • Options
    Yes I have, it is gorgeous - between that and Buffy, with the massage bars every now and then, my skin stays so soft!
  • Options
    is the buffy as good? I havent tried that one.
    which do you prefer?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Beauty `must have`
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I never thought of that, but I must say I couldnt do without my hair straighteners. I love my Kodos. my hair looks shit without them all wavy and seventies.

Ooh yeah hair straightners i'd say are probably more essential to me than anything else :yes:
    my Gama ceramic ones i can't live without :eek:
  • Options
    I actually prefer Buffy, and it lasts longer as well, but my favorite is You Snap the Whip because it smells amazing...
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    So how do you use yours? After reading the instuctions it seemed to me to be more for dry skin so I use it on my feet when I've got dry skin, or on my elbows. :confused:

I use it on my lips primarily. Though if I don't have a moistourizer at hand I use it for dry skin as well.
  • Options
    GHD hair straighteners, lancome juicy tubes, especially in pop candy i go through at least one a week, rimmel extreme lash, the best mascara around for thick lashes, john frieda blonde shampoo, i didnt like tre semme made me scalp flaky and itchy when id never had that problem before, original source shower gels especially in lime and mint, really wakes up the body

also im another 'hide the blemish' fan, nothing else ive tried is better
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    lancome juicy tubes, especially in pop candy i go through at least one a week

:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    :eek2:

i know its bad but im constantly applying it throughout the day especially at work
  • Options
    i know its bad but im constantly applying it throughout the day especially at work

It's not BAD, it's just rather a lot more than I go through, that's all!! :D I have lipgloss that's older than my youngest three children, and that's bad too!! ;)
  • Options
    one a week!!! so you like it, but its obviously not a long lasting one.
  • Options
    i have a new thing to add- baby oil!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    i have a new thing to add- baby oil!!
    ive got a bottle of that but I never have found any use for it.
    Why is it your must have?
  • Options
    original source shower gels especially in lime and mint, really wakes up the body
    :yes: the Spearmint one is really yummy too....
  • Options
    I love nivea compack deoderant (concentrate) and the deogerant (dry). They smell great, especially the concentrate one. And I love the fact it can fit into my make-up bag. Makes me smell like flowers.

And I love mabelline (sp) one-by-one mascara. I have longer lashes on top but shorter ones at the bottom and this mascara gets every single lash (top and bottom). Its quite pricey at £6 but is great and I love it.

I'm also a fan of vasceline. Really fixes dry lips well.
    Dove soap is great for my skin (and my face), especially the exfoliating one! :D
  • Options
    E45
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    ive got a bottle of that but I never have found any use for it.
    Why is it your must have?

makes skin all soft
  • Options
    someone really needs to write me a list of good beauty products, because i just don't look after my skin well enough......or anyother part of me for that matter.....
  • Options
    It's Brylecreem 'Ultra-Styling' on the highest grade because without it I just wouldn't be beautiful!

Oh and my Old Spice cus otherwise I'd smell like a troll :eek2:
  • Options
    Despite being a cosmetics junkie I'm actually a bit of a cheapskate on beauty stuff, mostly because if i did allow myself to buy expensive things that's where all my cash would go hence the following (although i love them all):

Vaseline
    Eyedrops
    Rimmel hide the blemish, a wonder for my partying life
    Stargazer neon green paint for my eyes [complete strangers always compliment me on this]
    Barry M/ stargazer loose glitter in all shades (Fellow modette Lucy friend has treated me to B beautiful glitter in pinky red which is also fab and comes in a lovely wooden pot).
    Eyeliner - bright blue or kohl, rimmel/ collection 2000
    I don't wear lipstick - i drink pints, it's too much hassle.
    Garnier nutrisse hair dye - black or blue black ... i've tried most hair dyes, for normal shades this is the best IMHO

I use really basic no scent sensitive moisturiser and eye make up remover, but swear by clean and clear sensitive cleanser.

One thing i never scrimp on is perfume... I'm going through an organza phase but also love happy and babydoll.

If i were rich I'd love urban decay eyeshadow even more...

I most miss bodyshop all-in-one base in perfectly fair, the new one is too yellow. I use 17 foundation and powder now. It's nowhere near as good.

---- i don't post in here enough anymore, bet you miss my expertise ;) ----
  • Options
    lancome juicy tubes, its not right i have thousands of them ive probably spent about 2 weeks wages on them :|

and my urban decay eyeshadow and heavy metal liner in greeeeeeen ive gone green mad this winter
  • Options
    Go Susie, you Beauty Queen!!

And I forgot to add, my eyelash curlers are another thing I wouldn't want to live without, and I'm with byny on the E45 thing, especially with a few drops of essential oil in it.
  • Options
    I love Palmers Cocoa Butter cream

Carmex lip balm

17 Pot of Gold- loads of little gold/brown balls to brighten up your face

Clear mascara

eyebrow pencil due to overplucking!
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    E45

Ditto, this stuff works wonders.
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    I love Palmers Cocoa Butter cream

:heart: this stuff is great, i ran out and couldn't get any of the bottle stuff at the weekend, so got this tub one which is hard, smells lovely :D
  • Options
    I love cocoa butter too. Not necessarily the palmers one, all cocoa butter smells lovely. Makes me smell of chocolate.
  • Options
    Eight hour cream.
    Just discovered it. I love the smell, and it is a fab lip gloss but doesnt make my lips feel gloopy and sticky.
    My mum gave me some, and I just want to use it all the time.
  • Options
    Make up wise, I have just dscovered Barry M Dazzle Dust... for going out at night, its wonderful and sparkly!

Also, my Rimmel SpecialEyes eyeliner in Azure Shimmer.