Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Murderer

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13249236,00.html

I've just watched some of the footage on TV today. You can hear quite clearly the Marine in question saying "he's not dead" and then saying "he's dead now".
At no point does he say "he's still armed" or anything similar.

The marine in question was detained by his colleagues and could be charged with murder.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know that the soldiers serving in Iraq are not automatons, and have to take responsibility for their actions, but I still reserve a large wad of blame for the people who sent them there to die and be maimed, and witness the deaths and mutilation of their comrades. These are human beings placed in a harsh psychological situation, where they have to balance self preservation against protecting Iraqi citizens who may try to kill them the moment they drop their guard. I wouldn't have sent them there, but who am I?

(And this would be a good time to remind people that, while I don't wish any ill to the the Iraqis, I don't believe in 'saving' them from their 'evil' regime, either. It's for them to choose what they will tolerate, without being bombed to salvation. If it's right to interfere now, why not 30 years ago?)
  • Options
    Well here we go again...

I haven't seen the full video yet but all reports indicate that the footage is genuine and the murder took place.

And if that is the case, this is yet another war crime caught on camera. You have to wonder how many hundreds, if not thousands of similar cold blooded murders have taken place away from the cameras. :mad:

The only surprise is that the soldier didn't shout "Oh dude!" or "Awesome!" as he blew the old injured man's brains out (as they have been recorded saying when machine-gunning people or blowing them up).

And then the fucking cunts wonder why people despise them... :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    I know that the soldiers serving in Iraq are not automatons, and have to take responsibility for their actions, but I still reserve a large wad of blame for the people who sent them there to die and be maimed, and witness the deaths and mutilation of their comrades. These are human beings placed in a harsh psychological situation, where they have to balance self preservation against protecting Iraqi citizens who may try to kill them the moment they drop their guard. I wouldn't have sent them there, but who am I?

(And this would be a good time to remind people that, while I don't wish any ill to the the Iraqis, I don't believe in 'saving' them from their 'evil' regime, either. It's for them to choose what they will tolerate, without being bombed to salvation. If it's right to interfere now, why not 30 years ago?)

There is a slim chance that the guy was acting in self defence. But knowing the American military's past history on shooting first and asking questions/engaging brain cells later it wouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    saw it ...sickening.
  • Options
    Bloody trigger happy yanks :yeees:
  • Options
    I wonder if certain people will try to find an excuse for this murder now... just as they tried to find and excuse for the shooting of that injured fighter a year ago, and the subsequent "Dude, that was awesome!" cries of joy by the US soldiers.

I can see it now "YOU have not been in combat... you have no right to question their actions... you don't know how it is for them... etc etc"

Ain't that right?
  • Options
    THANATOS, are you around?

What excuse can you come up with for this guy's actions?

Friendly fire?
    Being under pressure?
    Being trigger happy?

American troops are well known for friendly fire incidents

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/01/06/nirq06.xml

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2901515.stm

So is it possible one of them cracked and killed an unarmed man in cold blood?
    Course not :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Murderer! Blood is on your shoulder
    Kill I today you cannot kill I tomorrow
    Murder! Your inside must be hollow
    How does it feel to take the life of another
    Murderer! Blood upon your shoulder
    Kill me today you cannot kill I tomorrow
    How does it feel to take a life
    Lord, you can hide from man but not your conscience
    Unu eat the bread of sorrow, drink the wine of violence
    Allow yourself to be conquered by the serpent
    Why you disobey the first commandment
    Walk through the valley I fear no pestilence
    God is my witness and He is my evidence
    Lift up mine eyes from whence cometh help
    Them could-a never escape this ya judgement
    Murderer! Blood is, blood upon your shoulder
    I tell unu, all man are created equal
    But behind the trigger it's a different sequel
    Some are murdering people just to collect medals
    Stop commit dirty acts fi the high official
    You could-a wash your hand 'til you can't wash no more
    It is like an epidemic and you can't find no cure
    Upper class you could-a rich, middle class whether you're poor
    Only the righteous won't feel insecure
    Have you ever think 'bout your skill getting bored
    Lord… Drink sulphur bitters won't be bitter like your end
    Only God can help you, no family, no friend
    Don't let the curse be upon your children's children
    Abednigo, Shadreck, Meshek, Daniel in a the den
    Jonah in the whale's belly, but he never condemn
    Job with the leprosy, must still reach heaven
    He will do for you and everything has done for them
    Once more, you hide from man but not your conscience
    Unu eat the bread of sorrow, drink the wine of violence
    Allow yourself to be conquered by the serpent
    What make you disobey the first commandment
    Walk through the valley I fear no pestilence
    God a fi me witness and He want an evidence
    Lift up mine eyes from whence cometh help
    Them could-a never escape this ya judgement
    I tell you, all men are created equal
    But behind the trigger it's a different sequel
    Some are murder people just collect medals
    Stop commit dirty acts fi the high official
    You could-a wash your hand 'til you can't wash no more
    It is like an epidemic and you can't find no cure…
  • Options
    So apropos...

:rolleyes:

So easy to dismiss that these ILLEGAL COMBATANTS are sawing off the heads of civilian hostages, while they are still alive...

So easy to dismiss the female in her mid 50's who was found yesterday disemboweled, likely while still alive...
    "On Sunday, U.S. Marines found the disemboweled body of a Western woman wrapped in a blood-soaked blanket on a street in Fallujah. The woman could not be immediately identified, but the only Western women known to have been taken hostage are Briton Margaret Hassan, 59, director of CARE international in Iraq, and Teresa Borcz Khalifa, 54, a Polish-born longtime resident of Iraq."

So easy to dismiss the two Marines who had been killed the previous day, in the adjacent building, by another "insurgent" who had been feigning death...

So easy to dismiss the TEN Marines who were killed by a sham surrender on the Blitzkreig To Baghdad... which happened to be one of the worst days of my life, because I was not there with them, and the cherries may have lost their lives simply because they hesitated...

So easy to dismiss that this very Marine had been shot in the face, the day before, while clearing another building http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&e=2&u=/nm/20041115/ts_nm/iraq_marine_shooting_dc
    He said one Marine noticed one of the prisoners was still breathing.
    A Marine can be heard saying on the pool footage provided to Reuters Television: "He's fucking faking he's dead. He faking he's fucking dead."
    "The Marine then raises his rifle and fires into the man's head. The pictures are too graphic for us to broadcast," Sites said. No images of the shooting were shown in the footage provided to Reuters.
    The report said the Marine, who had returned to duty after being shot in the face a day earlier, had been removed from the field and was being questioned by the U.S. military.

These "insurgents" are ILLEGAL COMBATANTS, and by the rules of war, may be summarily executed upon discovery.

Beyond the "legality" of the issue, the fact remains that these terrorists have dictated the Rules Of Engagements by their targeting civilian non-combatants, by their sham surrenders, by their booby-trapping dead bodies (including civilian...).

These Marines are NOT handing out parking tickets, or talking to shop lifters: they are engaging terrorists who BY THEIR OWN BARBARITY have taken themselves outside the parameters of the civilized world.

How telling that you weap for the lawless, illegal combatants, and cry "murder" before you even have more than a cursory and out-of-context view of what is ongoing.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-11-15-iraq_x.htm
    The number of U.S. troops wounded is now 320, though 134 have returned to duty. U.S. officials estimated more than 1,200 insurgents have been killed.

In a telephone interview with reporters at the Pentagon, Marine Col. Michael Regner, operations officer for the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force, said U.S. and Iraqi forces had captured more than 1,052 prisoners in Fallujah, most of them are Iraqis but some foreigners.

"Very few of them are giving up," Regner said. "They're fighting to the death."

If you mourn so deeply for the animals? Then pick up a rifle, and join the fight against the civilized world, which has moved to Mosul... Falluja will be completely contained by the time you discover the testicular requisites to stand in THAT Marine's boots, and do HIS job... but... you may defend them you so mournfully weep for, until they use YOU as a human sacrifice to their cause.
  • Options
    Totally pathetic, but utterly predictable response from Thanatos here.

Tell me something Thanatos: before this rather old, injured and unarmed man was shot in the head in cold blood, did he confess to having done all of the above? Or any or the above for that matter?

Is it that US soldiers have acquired telephatic powers, and can tell from looking at a man what he has been up to days before, perhaps?

And even if that was the case, what the flying fuck makes you believe US soldiers have the right to become judge, jury and executioner?

Because even your Commander-in-Chief and every US military officer from the top down are the first ones to say that such actions are unnaceptable, illegal or wrong.

Are you so fucking deluded now that you ignore your (ex)bosses orders and rules of engagement regarding who and when and how to shoot people?

I fucking dread to think what you and others might have got up to in Vietnam, if you hold your own country's own rules in such contempt. :rolleyes:

ETA: by the way sunshine... America waged an illegal war. YOU are the unlawful combatants and foreign fighters.
  • Options
    Then pick up a rifle, chancre, and make your way to Mosul. Back your mouth with your life, for once...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

And even if that was the case, what the flying fuck makes you believe US soldiers have the right to become judge, jury and executioner?

Never been on a battlefield, have you?

Still supporting the disemboweling of civilian women, and the sawing off of heads - while still alive - done by your heroes?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Globe

Still supporting the disemboweling of civilian women, and the sawing off of heads - while still alive - done by your heroes?

You fucktard he isn't doing that and you know it. Both sides are in the wrong though, the yanks are hardly innocent either.
  • Options

it was hardly a heavy fire mistake was it? Don't talk rubbish, you're either mentally disabled to disgustingly and deliberatly ignoring the facts. IRRESPECTIVE of ANYTHING done by terror groups in Iraq, there is NO excuse for a solider to shoot an unarmed injured individual KNOWING that they were unarmed and injured.
  • Options
    I was speaking to an American I know and this is getting NO coverage in the US media at all as far as they had seen.

There was a small story in the New York Times and the Washington Post, but only in the later pages.

In terms of TV its virtually not been mentioned at all.
  • Options
    LOL... just as I thought:
    Originally posted by myself
    I wonder if certain people will try to find an excuse for this murder now... just as they tried to find and excuse for the shooting of that injured fighter a year ago, and the subsequent "Dude, that was awesome!" cries of joy by the US soldiers.

I can see it now "YOU have not been in combat... you have no right to question their actions... you don't know how it is for them... etc etc"

And sure enough...

Like clockwork, Thanatos. Like clockwork.

Your pathetic attempts at winding up merit no answer. It is clear for all to see whether I support "the disembowelling of civilian women, and the sawing off of heads - while still alive" or not.

You're just making an even bigger fool of yourself.

Is this the best you can do?

Just what would it take for you condemn the actions of a US soldier? The setting of a baby alight? The rape and murder of an Iraqi woman? The execution of 100 villagers?

Somehow I suspect you would find justification for the above (hypothetical) scenarios. Somehow you would try to claim soldiers were under pressure, or that those people deserved it and were terrorists in the making. Or that we haven't been in battle and thus we cannot judge their actions because we "don't understand".

Ain't that right Thanatos?

Do you know the meaning of the word 'honor'?
  • Options
    Aladdin, in the UK it's spelt Honour. It's got 'u' in it.
  • Options
    Oh I know that Fiend. I was just helping Thanatos along...
  • Options
    Oh I know that Fiend. I was just helping Thanatos along...

You've not heard that cheesy line before? It's like honour doesn't exist in the states, because no-one puts 'u' or 'you' in it. No-one puts themselves into honour.
  • Options
    I like that... :D
  • Options
    I thought you might.

have a good day, off to do a degree.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    You've not heard that cheesy line before? It's like honour doesn't exist in the states, because no-one puts 'u' or 'you' in it. No-one puts themselves into honour.

What? Sorry I have no idea what you're trying to say there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    What? Sorry I have no idea what you're trying to say there.

Just that because the american's miss the 'u' out of honour, it's an indication that they fail to realise that honour comes from what you do. Not what anyone else does.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    IRRESPECTIVE of ANYTHING done by terror groups in Iraq, there is NO excuse for a solider to shoot an unarmed injured individual KNOWING that they were unarmed and injured.
    You miss the part concerning the fact that other Marines have been killed by those faking "unarmed and injured"? That that same Marine had been shot in the face by one the day before?

So quick to judge and condemn what you have never experienced, and have not the requisites to do, yourself. But that hypocrisy is the MO in this place, isn't it?
    I was speaking to an American I know and this is getting NO coverage in the US media at all as far as they had seen.
    Your "American" must be rather insular... I knew about it two days ago, and was being covered extensively on TV the day before you posted that... even got a large blurb on the "Today Show" on Tuesday morning. :rolleyes:
    ANY stupidity to forward your prejudice, right? ;)
  • Options
    The thing is, the circumstances of the "murder" should be taken into account too.

And if what Globe has said is true, then I have a lot of sympathy with the situation of the Marine. It's a common tactic to feign death in order to kill opponents, it always has been (some of you should read some Sven Hassel books) and really soldiers have to look after themselves first. Shoot first, ask later, it's what sometimes has to be done.

It is a warzone, after all.
  • Options

Just what would it take for you condemn the actions of a US soldier? The setting of a baby alight? The rape and murder of an Iraqi woman? The execution of 100 villagers?

That would be the actions of your terrorist heroes... not the US Soldiers/Marines who hunt them down...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

It is a warzone, after all.

THAT is the issue, all in itself.

Those who would condemn what they cannot comprehend? Should step up and fill the boots of the one they condemn...
  • Options
    Your "American" must be rather insular... I knew about it two days ago, and was being covered extensively on TV the day before you posted that... even got a large blurb on the "Today Show" on Tuesday morning. :rolleyes:
    ANY stupidity to forward your prejudice, right? ;)

Unlike quite a few here I have absolutely nothing against you. I cant see what I said had any prejudice in it at all.

I was simply repeating what I was told by someone a few days ago. I even said "as far as they had seen" thus pointing out it wasnt a FACT.

You have absolutely no idea what ties I have to the US and how I feel to Americans in general. You accuse others of being rash to judge, I think you are guilty of it in just the same way.
  • Options

You have absolutely no idea what ties I have to the US and how I feel to Americans in general. You accuse others of being rash to judge, I think you are guilty of it in just the same way.

What I observe the the anti-US bias rampant in this place, and the fact that my name usually gets drug into issues I had not yet posted to, with inflamatory insults as my invitation.

And?

I had been discussing this issue LONG beore it surfaced here... almost from the moment it happened...

To suggest that the US is "ignorant" and "kept in the dark" concerning what is ongoing? Is an empty prejudice forwarded HERE...
  • Options
    What I observe the the anti-US bias rampant in this place, and the fact that my name usually gets drug into issues I had not yet posted to, with inflamatory insults as my invitation.

And?

I had been discussing this issue LONG beore it surfaced here... almost from the moment it happened...

To suggest that the US is "ignorant" and "kept in the dark" concerning what is ongoing? Is an empty prejudice forwarded HERE...

So I'm guessing you're just going to blame me for others views on this board then?