Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

cash.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
whatever happened to cash?

Comments

• Options
    I got it all.

£1,500 I got paid for this week :thumb:

Only allowed to withdraw so much a time though. I should e-mail them and ask if there's a limit to how much I can pay in :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I got it all.

Only allowed to withdraw so much a time though. I should e-mail them and ask if there's a limit to how much I can pay in :rolleyes:
    no no bri as in cash ...notes and coins.
    if you pay in cash these days for anything, the cashier looks at you with pity or suspicion.
  • Options
    I have 70p in my pocket.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    I have 70p in my pocket.
    see ...no one has a wedge anymore!
  • Options
    wedge?
  • Options
    wedge?
    wad.
  • Options
    I wouldn't ever have a wad, I'm a student

I did once, I had £400 in tens.
  • Options
    I wouldn't ever have a wad, I'm a student

I did once, I had £400 in tens.
    i went to the supermarket earlier ...hundred and fifty quid in tenners in my wallet ...when i paid the cashier ...i thought she was going to phone the police or something ...she didn't know how to swipe a tenner through the machine either ...the fact i didn't have to sign anything made her suspicous ...'why has this guy got cash in his pocket ...oh my god he must be poor or dangerous.'
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    no no bri as in cash ...notes and coins.
    if you pay in cash these days for anything, the cashier looks at you with pity or suspicion.

Ohhh yeah, I can count the times I've paid something with a card on one hand and still have most of my fingers left over.

I love me notes n coins.
  • Options
    the only people i know who carry big wods of cash is my mates dad (whos self employed) and my drugs dealer, both of which are pretty self explanatory about why they carry (and have) big wods of cash.
  • Options
    I got it all.

Ohh err :eek:

where do you work!?
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0
    the only people i know who carry big wods of cash is my mates dad (whos self employed) and my drugs dealer, both of which are pretty self explanatory about why they carry (and have) big wods of cash.
    that explains it then ...cash has lost its respect ...it's now looked down on.
    only for drug dealers and tax dodgers!
    how times change.
  • Options
    well with things like chip and pin and stuff, you dont have the need to carry around big wads with you, and the only way you can really have lots of money and for no-one to notice is to have it all in cash and to not put it in a bank account.

So thats probably why people dont carry around and have big wods of cash
  • Options
    Originally posted by beans
    Ohh err :eek:

where do you work!?

Mecca Bingo, but apparently I was paying emergency tax since I started there without realising :eek:

Claimed it back and it's alllllll mine :thumb:
  • Options
    Mecca Bingo, but apparently I was paying emergency tax since I started there without realising

Ahhh i see, i was about to give you the :flirt: face and everything :p

When iwas charged emergency tax at work they never let me claim it back, bah, it was only £80 but thats £80 i could have spent on clothes/food etc.
  • Options
    I love my card. That said it scares me that my monetary worths can be gone in the matter of no time if the card gets stolen and used for God knows what.

In the end though cash and card is the same thing. The card is just a simplification of notes and coins. If you really want to talk about worth then you have to go back to the time were money was of gold, silver, copper (is that how you spell it in English?) or bronze.

Though really this made me think about the fact that the people advocating to keep current currency and not adopt the Euro really don't have much of an argument when they say that the Sterling or in Danish case the Crown symbolises a national value. I mean most people gradually do most of their buisness over cards or computers.
  • Options
    i have three cards ...a halifax ...and a solo ...and a gold.
    if i use the gold people pressume i'm ok ...if i use the solo ...i must be poor.
    see with cash ...cash was cash ...with cards ...people can judge your worth in this world.
    why?
    cos a mans worth these days is judged on the perception of his monetary worth.
  • Options
    Loads of people coming into my shop seem to have big fuck-off wads of money on them. Although I hate that, 'cause it's usually in £20's, and we kept running out of pound coins and 1p's today.

I like the people with cards :yes: unless they don't work properly in the machine :no:...but that didn't happen at all today :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*franki chicken*x*
    Loads of people coming into my shop seem to have big fuck-off wads of money on them. :D
    that's essex for ya!
  • Options
    Yes...very true!!
  • Options
    if i use the gold people pressume i'm ok ...if i use the solo ...i must be poor.
    I make that judgment at work I 'm ashamed to say :(

And I can't help thinking anyone who has £3000 in cash lying around is dodgy too. :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    I make that judgment at work I 'm ashamed to say :(

And I can't help thinking anyone who has £3000 in cash lying around is dodgy too. :eek:
    it is true innit.
    and it can't be helped.
    just that being an old git it realy is begining to stand out to me how cash has become dirty ...and cards speak volumes.
  • Options
    Don't worry rolly, it can make you look really rich, depending on how much you've got, and what notes they are :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*franki chicken*x*
    Don't worry rolly, it can make you look really rich, depending on how much you've got, and what notes they are :p
    the good news is less and less shops scan the note to see if it's a microsoft one ...
  • Options
    Oh yes...remind me to start doing that :p
  • Options
    Re: cash.
    whatever happened to cash?

Credit Card.
  • Options
    Re: Re: cash.
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Credit Card.
    something i have always refused to have. debit ok ...credit not ok.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: cash.
    something i have always refused to have. debit ok ...credit not ok.

debit isn't really that much better though. I have 2 debit cards from 2 banks and now owe around $800. At least with credit you can make minimum payments, when you go over with a debit they want the fucking cash soon.
  • Options
    I know what you mean rolly, alot of people would look at you as if you've got 2 heads if you took out a wad of notes, pity isn't it?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: cash.
    Originally posted by my_name
    debit isn't really that much better though. I have 2 debit cards from 2 banks and now owe around $800. At least with credit you can make minimum payments, when you go over with a debit they want the fucking cash soon.

debit cards take the money straight out of your bank... you don't get a bill or anything with them.