Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Always wear a seatbelt.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    It probably seemed like I was calling you stupid, sorry. I was saying that you surely were joking.

I know mate, I knew what you meant :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast
    Yes it does sound a bit fucking harsh, I was joking, so get off your shetland pony and chill the fuck out.

If you paid attention you'd realise I'm banned from driving anyway :rolleyes:

Im sorry, but you didn't come across like you were joking at all.

Also, I do not pay attention to the finest details of every single poster on these boards. How was I meant to know you were banned.

Anyway ... fact of the matter is (as far as im concerned) anyone with an attitude like that deserves to crash. It may sound harsh but I am of that opinion.
  • Options
    Well I'm glad you're so opinionated :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    It may sound harsh but I am of that opinion.

Yeah.

And all drink driving scum should not have the opportunity to drive again. Ever.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NaCN
    Yeah.

And all drink driving scum should not have the opportunity to drive again. Ever.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by NaCN
    :confused:

I am one of those scumbags you reffered to earlier.
  • Options
    I am one of those scumbags you reffered to earlier.

so? You you got drunk and got in a car. No mercy, I know what that does to someone's life.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    so? You you got drunk and got in a car. No mercy, I know what that does to someone's life.

Doesn't mean they should never drive again though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Doesn't mean they should never drive again though.

I think it should.
  • Options
    I think it should.

I used to drink drive loads but I've grown up a bit now and seeing as my job depends upon drving it's really not worth it.
    That and the fact I lost 3 very close mates to drink driving in under 10 months and another one of my mates is currently doing bird for being a driver in a fatal drink related accident.
    He's done 2 years and will soon be out.

I have no problem in him driving again.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    I have no problem in him driving again.

Sorry you're not going to convince me on this. I really do. It's not like he got drunk and urinated on someone's door. It's serious
  • Options
    It's not like he got drunk and urinated on someone's door. It's serious

He got drunk, did something stupid and paid for it. He will never do it repeat it, so what the point in banning him for good?

Do you also think that someone who's casused an accident while speeding should be prevented form driving ever again?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Im sorry but I do agree with Fiend_85 on this one. I know how drink driving can mess up a family and I know the consequences but no matter how sorry they are or whatever they can never bring back lives they lose because of stupidity. Therefore, I do think that they should not be allowed to drive again.

People, in general, who are reckless in their car should not be allowed to drive IMHO.
  • Options
    Blatantly not the same thing. People can be speeding because they're on a hill and havn't noticed, or are going too fast on an unfamiliar road.

Drink-driving is a totally different thing. Though if someone is going far too fast to excuse, 100 on a motorway, and kills someone yes it should be a lifetime ban.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Of course there's no way to be sure about this (no fail-safe truth test method yet) but no matter what kind of an accident one caused while drink-driving, if they have deeply regretted it, there's no reason they should be banned from driving again.
    Banning them from that won't help whoever has already been killed, and if they feel so bad about what they did that it haunts them they're sure never to do it again.
  • Options
    Blatantly not the same thing. People can be speeding because they're on a hill and havn't noticed, or are going too fast on an unfamiliar road.[/QUOTE

I know a few people who have been banned because they were unaware that they were stilll ove the limit the morning after a heavy night.
    Anyway if you arn't aware of what speed you should be doing you are a shite driver. If you can't follow signs or be aware of you speed whilst going down a 'hill' (there are such things as brakes)you are dangerous.

If someone isn't going to offend again what's the point in punishing them idefinately? That applies to any crime in my opinion. Punishment should be a form of rehabilitation - otherwise what good does it do?
    Weekender Offender