Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What exactly is my problem?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya Zlabor,
    I know you're feeling really down about this but there are options out there for you, take a look at this Q&A and this one too, they may be able to help you.

CB
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by ClaireBear
    Hiya Zlabor,
    I know you're feeling really down about this but there are options out there for you, take a look at this Q&A and this one too, they may be able to help you.

CB
    Thank you, what took you so long? :p (I'm actually joking about this comment).

I've read both of those in the past, and although they don't completely apply to myself, they do have some suggestions. But some of those suggestions don't seem to work (like talking to people I wouldn't normally talk to) others I can't find a way to do (like searching the internet for local clubs, no results for me) and the rest are under my general fear (which I do believe is founded) that people will be turned away once they get to know me a bit better.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    I don't know where you're based but if you're in the UK and you're looking for clubs/activities etc it might be worth taking a look at do-it or Youth Action Network and there's also this article with links to info about clubs and activities you can join and hints and tips for finding activities you might be interested in locally.

CB
  • Options
    Thanks, but I'm not in the uk. It would have been easy to find something if I was.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    Thanks for what? Even if I wanted to tell you the answers, I'd have to shout very loud. :p (Another probably failed attempt at humour.)

Actually, I smiled... and i'm not very ok, so smile is good...
  • Options
    Thanks, but I'm not in the uk. It would have been easy to find something if I was.

hmmm where are you from? I bet it is better than here... I mean... worse than here, only THE hell... and I can handle it, so I'm still thinking you are just not searching in the right place...

btw, it wasn't my best test :( tk u for the good luck :)
  • Options
    I'm sorry for the test... and that you're not ok generally. :(

I'm from Greece. I don't know what's it like there, but it can't be worse than here...
  • Options
    Believe me... it can...

Imagine... I was... about 2 months without seeing any tv or read news paper...

Today... on the news paper... there was a HHHHUUUUGGGGGEEEEEEEEE mistake on spelling... even a 10 year old child would write it the right way...

on tv... ugh :eek2: they were talking like they were totaly ignorant, like they haven't been in school...

believe me... Greece isn't any worse than Portugal... believe me... I just wouldn't live there, because the language is strange :p
  • Options
    it can't be worse than here...
    Sorry, I didn't mean that a 100%... I say it as a kind of joke sometimes.

As for what you say, some people here are worse... Though some of course are better. Sometimes you see the same kind of crazy (and sad) stuff that you'd think could happen only in the USA. I might say later, I have to go now.
  • Options
    Believe me, they can happen here too :p

But you have to do something to solve your problem... your country is better then mine and you can't change it :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by not_an_angel
    But you have to do something to solve your problem...
    That's what I've been saying from the beginning. But I can't solve it if I don't know what it is...
  • Options
    That's what I've been saying from the beginning. But I can't solve it if I don't know what it is...

ok that's fair....

and i think the problem is.... in your mind!!!! you think too much :p
    did anyone tell you that? they are always saying that to me :\

there are a million of options... ONE have to be right... right? :D

and tk u again :P
  • Options
    What was the last thanks for? You're making me red... :blush:

And I know I think too much. They haven't told me as far as I can remember, but I realized it on my own. Still, I don't think that's the problem in this case. I don't believe in coincidence, so if the same thing (with little variations) has happened again and again, even when I was purely optimistic about me, there has to be something wrong.
  • Options
    ok it was about the mood thing lol

maybe you are in the wrong country!!!!! I think i am :\ I can't have a small inteligent chat with no one, except my port techer's daughter and my grandmother :crazyeyes don't like it... maybe that is your problem too :p
  • Options
    hun, you sound like you're having a bit of a stress!!

people who don't like you for the person you are aren't your friends... why bother with them?

I know that's easy for me to say.... but it could have been that you made an error of judgement calling them your friends originally...

friendship is a two way thing... take your time. You're at uni now, right? You don't have to be the most popular kid in class anymore.

Don't get obsessed over the 'trust' thing.... you may end up building it up into a massive issue. You only truely know if you can trust someone when they come through for you when you really need it. Trust isn't always the most important thing... someone to talk to is wonderful, but you don't need to be telling people the contents of your soul. And sometimes other people just can't deal with that level of honesty. I feel i'm not explaining myself very well, but I hope you understand what I mean.

You're 19 right? just have fun.... life's too short to be obsessing over every last detail.

I realise I may not have been that helpful, but I hope you feel better about things soon.

soph. x
  • Options
    maybe you are in the wrong country!!!!! I think i am :\
    Actually, I thought I was the only one who can think something like that... I often find that most people are a lot shallow, but of course that might be in every country...
    Originally posted by The First Lady
    people who don't like you for the person you are aren't your friends... why bother with them?
    I believe I always said "friends" (with "). But they all seemed to like me at first, that's the matter. And that I haven't found anyone to like me truly.
    friendship is a two way thing... take your time. You're at uni now, right? You don't have to be the most popular kid in class anymore.
    I'm not trying to be the "most popular kid" or anything; I haven't tried to be that since I was 13 or 14. I'm only trying to find people to hang out with. I'm so jealous of whoever says "I was out with my friends and..." etc.
    You're 19 right? just have fun.... life's too short to be obsessing over every last detail.
    But, "having fun" isn't spending all my time alone thinking about what I could be doing but can't, right?

Thanks to you too for answering.
  • Options
    Actually, I thought I was the only one who can think something like that... I often find that most people are a lot shallow, but of course that might be in every country...

I feel that I'm in the wrong country too... if that is any confort to you!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kelly
    I feel that I'm in the wrong country too... if that is any confort to you!
    It is, a bit. But I wonder if everyone else does as well...

...This made the front page??? :blush::D
  • Options
    Maybe the problem is that I'm stupid. Recently, a group of people have started fooling me in the same way people did in school. They tell me things which probably have some dirty meaning that I have no idea of then laugh when I tell them that I don't know what they mean or ignore them. Today I heard them talking about me from afar, saying "What did (name) tell him last time?" *laugh*

It doesn't really bother me for now, they're just a bunch of assholes (though it might begin to be annoying if it catches on). But it might just be what I was looking for: If I'm stupid like that, it's something people don't see right away, but when they do, of course they don't want to spend time with me...
  • Options
    TV or for whatever reason makes people think there's lots of true friends out there. So it's not you. When it comes to friends, I think it's rare. Most days, I'd rather be alone than be with friends...who aren't friends.
  • Options
    Again, I'm not using "friends" in the strictest of meanings. I just want some people to hang out with.
  • Options
    Maybe the problem is that I'm stupid.

don't make me answer that, ok? if you think and say you are stupid, you'll be stupid and that is not what we want, right?
    Recently, a group of people have started fooling me in the same way people did in school. They tell me things which probably have some dirty meaning that I have no idea of then laugh when I tell them that I don't know what they mean or ignore them. Today I heard them talking about me from afar, saying "What did (name) tell him last time?" *laugh*

LOL... so how old are them? 5???? xD ignore them, they just want to feel superior to you and to others... they just don't know that superiority pass by being "adult" not a child, I mean, in your age... (i'm a bit younger)
    It doesn't really bother me for now, they're just a bunch of assholes (though it might begin to be annoying if it catches on). But it might just be what I was looking for: If I'm stupid like that, it's something people don't see right away, but when they do, of course they don't want to spend time with me...

Look, I don't know you to say this, but maybe they don't want to spend time with because, as you say, they're just a bunch of assholes...

• Options
    don't make me answer that, ok? if you think and say you are stupid, you'll be stupid and that is not what we want, right?
    I guess so.
    LOL... so how old are them? 5???? xD ignore them, they just want to feel superior to you and to others... they just don't know that superiority pass by being "adult" not a child, I mean, in your age... (i'm a bit younger)
    Yeah, that's what I thought. A couple of them must be 22 or more, and they're acting like they're less than 16? (Insert here a rant about how being 18 means absolutely nothing about how mature you are.)
    Look, I don't know you to say this, but maybe they don't want to spend time with because, as you say, they're just a bunch of assholes...
    No, no, no. The ones that do what I said are a completely different group than the ones I spend time there with. Unless you're saying that everyone I know is an asshole, in which case I'm doomed.
  • Options
    No, no, no. The ones that do what I said are a completely different group than the ones I spend time there with. Unless you're saying that everyone I know is an asshole, in which case I'm doomed.

Almost everyone here are assholes, but I don't think I'm doomed... :p
  • Options
    Please, my mum couldn't be trusted with something as simple as remembering to ask a question...
    People I can trust? Well, neatly no one I currently know has betrayed my trust in any way, so who can't I trust? On the other hand, there is ONE who is the closest thing to a friend, but even if I can trust him (I've been betrayed by people I trusted more than once) how is that going to help?

my brother and I were having the same discussion.. like this:

H: is there anyone who cares about loyalty and trust any more.
    Me: i think other people get hurt to, its just that they get over it quicker and are more thick skinnd about loyalty.

its huge to me, i am always ready to put others before my interests. wb. cf:neoNero and me
    alex
  • Options
    I think you guys are missing something about friendship and the whole trust thing. It is not about what you can expect from others (aka trust, love, loyalty) but what you give to them.
    The best way for you to be able to trust others is for you to be trustworthy yourself. Someone once told me that life is like a mirror it reflects back to you who and what you are.
    I like that. It helped me to see that it didn't matter what others were like, what really mattered was what I was like. Trouble was I didn't like what I saw in the mirror. It is a hard pill to swallow but I realised that I couldn't expect others to like me or trust me if I didn't like or trust myself.
    Maybe that's a good place to start. Look at yourself and see what there is that is good and pure and true and make it shine. If it is only your smile then share that, smile always. That's what I did.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Black Pearl
    Someone once told me that life is like a mirror it reflects back to you who and what you are.
    I like that. It helped me to see that it didn't matter what others were like, what really mattered was what I was like. Trouble was I didn't like what I saw in the mirror. It is a hard pill to swallow but I realised that I couldn't expect others to like me or trust me if I didn't like or trust myself.

I'm sorry, but here, things aren't just that way...
  • Options
    Actually, I've come to realise that there is one guy who possibly is a friend... I'm not sure because we've never talked to each other about personal things in the 12 years we've known each other (believe it or not) but the thing that we were still meeting often for the 6 years we were in different schools and living too far from each other says something, doesn't it?
    But on the other hand, he only talks about cars (which I barely care about) and computers (which I am interested in, but I want more from my life).
    And there's someone else who seems to be enough of a "friend" and we did schedule to meet once during summer (when we were both in the same city) but now he's working every day and I don't think he has any time...
  • Options
    See!!!!! Friends! :D
  • Options
    See!!!!! Friends! :D
    Right... I guess that brings me closer to one of the situations in CB's links...