Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

US role for UK troops in Iraq

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by lukesh
    i read too much as it is..... i ahve had 5 politics boosk thrown at me, i have work, i have the gym, circuit training..... i have no time to read a book that dams america presence.

JESUS CHRIST, where did any one say read books that dams americas presence, you're only after proving my accusation that you don't read posts properly, i said read books about america's foreign policy in general, read books that tell you facts, not bias shit, from the right or left, and if you've read the truth (as what has definately happened in histroy) then you'll realised what americas motives are, i hope to good you've read this post properly

p.s so you're saying that besides sleeping which takes up 8 hours, that you are constantly busy 16 hours a day every week, bullshit, i do history, english lit and irish, how much reading do you think i have to do, i always have time to read, you're wasting time now on this internet that could be used reading, that reminds me, i'm away to read :)
  • Options
    well you spend an awful lot of time in here posting

so stop posting as much on here and make some time, yu have these books thrown at you? read them then

to get anywhere in politics i think you dont have to have the knowledge par se, but you need the mindset to be able to understand what is thrown in front of you, much as myself and turlough do

and until you get there, you need to be able to make the time if you are going to post in politics and debate

you just said it yourself you dont have the time for this stuff, then dont bother coming here and wasting your time then, do something you are good at
  • Options
    Well luke, once again you put forward an argument that only shows how presumptuous you are. The references i cited do not damn anything, they are put out by those who are in fact behind our foreign policy and show quite clearly what the actual interests at stake are.

But then, since you wont bother to get and read them, you remain clueless and merely spout slogans and rhetoric used to numb the minds of the gullible and easily led, like yourself.
  • Options
    and lower class.

Why do you side with the ruling classes then?
  • Options
    he only carries on because you provide him something to fire at by been stupid

and im doing a degree course, which requires quite high attention to, and im doing quite a lot of work per week, and this is computing work, my political knowledge and thirst is now a hobby rather than the work it was at a level and when i had a nice job

i still manage
  • Options
    my politics tecaher said in my report i am making sound progress.
    but i feel as though my essay writing is pants. needs work.

but sometimes i feel like giving up.
    Why don't you write a little summary of the 'Oil for Food' controversy? Kill two birds with one stone...

Here's a name to start you off: Benon Sevan.
  • Options
    thats what you said an hour ago

so why dont you
  • Options
    No one has said that no one abuses the welfare system you utter plank.
  • Options
    yeah this fuckian shit forum has put me in a mood now.... you wont put me down. you wont get at me

i'll allow you dickheads to continue to con your selves over things like no one abuses the welfare system and all that.
    Are you drunk again Luke?
  • Options
    eres another one...

pisss off
    You've got a hell of an attitude problem, mister :mad:

Seriously though, you are pushing the boundaries by aiming such crude invective directly at other posters. If you do get banned, and choose to return, try to learn the lesson. I'd say that you should try staying away for a week or two, but with Thanatos failing to grace us with his presence, we're short a clown.
  • Options
    I suspect Thanatos is out gunning down Democratic pollsters across Oregon to do his bid to eliminate the "traitors" (as he would undoubtedly put it). ;)
  • Options
    Why don't we call out for him? Every time we do so, he 'mysteriously' knows about it and is happy to oblige.
  • Options
    The Iraqis are amongst the highest educated populations in the Middle East, they are fully capable of determining their own internal sovereign organisation without our imperialistic interventions keeping the ethnic tensions on full boil.

Simply put, we are doing what has long been the penchant of the West (invented by the British sadly) of dividing and conquering.
  • Options
    I'd imagine Blair has rather less blood on his hands than he has Bush's personal fluids
  • Options
    Blair challenged in parliament over US request

Could someone explain to me* why an army of 130,000 people suddenly finds it a struggle to transfer 650 of them to a certain area and has to rely on the British to provide those soldiers?

* Naturally the question is rhetorical. I know perfectly well (and so does everyone else) why the US needs to use British troops.

Make no mistake: regardless of all that's happened until now, illegal wars and all, any British soldier who gets killed while fulfilling the US request will be the full and direct responsibility of Tony Blair. As far as I'm concerned he might as well have shot them himself. For this is NOTHING but a pathetic, disgusting, patronising and abusive request that was politically motivated so fucking Bush is not seen as having to request new troops or having any extra US soldiers killed just before the election.

What a fucking spineless, pathetic excuse for a Prime Minister of an alleged sovereign nation we have! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    (If Blair does indeed accept the US 'request', as he would appear to be prepared to do)
  • Options
    because british soldiers are better at dong their job in certain situations and are trained to make decisions themselves rather than be the cannon fodder that the US soldiers are
  • Options
    It's a strange set of affairs. Why are British troops needed to move? The USA has over 100,000 troops on the ground - can't some of them be moved instead? What happened to the idea of international co-operation over this, if the idea ever existed in the first place? All this is very odd.
  • Options
    *IT'S OFFICIAL- IT'S OFFICIAL- TONY BLAIR IS A SPINELESS, PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A PRIME MINISTER*

Government confirms British troops WILL be sent to Central Iraq as per US' ''request''

I'm surprised Tony hasn't flown to the US and joined Bush's election tour to be honest...

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

Make no mistake: regardless of all that's happened until now, illegal wars and all, any British soldier who gets killed while fulfilling the US request will be the full and direct responsibility of Tony Blair. As far as I'm concerned he might as well have shot them himself. For this is NOTHING but a pathetic, disgusting, patronising and abusive request that was politically motivated so fucking Bush is not seen as having to request new troops or having any extra US soldiers killed just before the election.

so if they die under british command it will be ok
  • Options
    I'm surprised Tony hasn't flown to the US and joined Bush's election tour to be honest.

All this could be very embarrassing for Tony if John Kerry becomes President next month.
  • Options
    Iraq's going to get a LOT worse when they attack Falugah (however the hell you spell it) in the next few days.

The attack will come before the election, but the fight back will be after.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    All this could be very embarrassing for Tony if John Kerry becomes President next month.

it wont be embarassing, just blair will have no friends left
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    it wont be embarassing, just blair will have no friends left

It WILL be embarrassing for Tony, but a bloody good laugh for the rest of us!
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    so if they die under british command it will be ok
    No is not, and to a degree Tony Blair is responsible for every single death and injury British soldiers sustain in wars that have nothing to do with defending Great Britain or upholding international law.

To the best of my knowledge no soldier was told when he signed up that in addition to defending one's country or intervening abroad to bring peace under international law, he could also be sent to fight illegal wars motivated by greed, power and oil revenue.

The families of all soldiers killed to date, both here and the US, must feel very comforted that their loved ones died so oil corporations and weapons manufacturers could have an early Christmas.

But this latest development is even worse because in addition to having to keep soldiers in a lawless hellhole Bush and Blair have created in the first place, the spineless poodle is now committing further troops to a much more dangerous area for the sole purpose of protecting Bush’s re-election chances.
  • Options
    But this latest development is even worse because in addition to having to keep soldiers in a lawless hellhole Bush and Blair have created in the first place, the spineless poodle is now committing further troops to a much more dangerous area for the sole purpose of protecting Bush’s re-election chances.

I supported the war originally, now I just feel furious about all the lies I was told. Iraq is in a dire state, though, and I think we'll have to focus on re-building the country. With some luck, we might see Tony one day at a war crimes tribunal. But don't bet on it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    I supported the war originally, now I just feel furious about all the lies I was told. Iraq is in a dire state, though, and I think we'll have to focus on re-building the country. With some luck, we might see Tony one day at a war crimes tribunal. But don't bet on it.

we will never see george bush or tony blair in a war crimes tribunal
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    we will never see george bush or tony blair in a war crimes tribunal

Exactly. And that's a shame.
  • Options
    *IT'S OFFICIAL- IT'S OFFICIAL- TONY BLAIR IS A SPINELESS, PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A PRIME MINISTER*

Government confirms British troops WILL be sent to Central Iraq as per US' ''request''

I'm surprised Tony hasn't flown to the US and joined Bush's election tour to be honest...

:rolleyes:

Letter written by my course director here at uni.

"Noted that our illustrious Prime Minister said that he was 'up for the job' in reference to another term in office. Such a shame that he is not up to the job"
  • Options
    i dont think tony blair should go to a war crimes tribunal, he should he tried if anything in an Iraqi court

after all the war tribunal international thingy is doing exactly what bush and blair did, taking away the oppertunity to do justice from where it should be carried out to an international stage where i see there is no power
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    i dont think tony blair should go to a war crimes tribunal, he should he tried if anything in an Iraqi court

War crimes should always be tried in an international court.