Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

US role for UK troops in Iraq

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story

Why the hell should our troops have to clear up the Americans mess? If we have to how can we put our troops under the control of the United States? I don't think we should be doing this, surely only British generals should control the British army.

Comments

• Options
    The UK should very politely and calmy tell the US to go fuck itself in the arse.

Fat chance of spineless poodle Tony doing that though...
  • Options
    Re: US role for UK troops in Iraq
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Story

Why the hell should our troops have to clear up the Americans mess? If we have to how can we put our troops under the control of the United States? I don't think we should be doing this, surely only British generals should control the British army.

Iraq is jointly the US and the UK's mess
  • Options
    i think we have a reposnsibility to do our bit in america, butits our decision not the USs

the noly worry i have is that as they want us to go into their areas, and considering how different their attitude is, as were more peacekeeping and theyre at war almost, mainly down to their original tactics, if we can win over the hearts and minds of regular iraqis it will cut off their supply of insurgents
  • Options
    The US should fuck off. They have more troops than us who are supposedly "superior", let them do it themselves.
    Or do they sense another Vietnam and realise they actually need us as more than just lap dogs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    The UK yet again doing more extra work - it was about time France and Co joined in as they care more about helping the Iraqi than we do.

Are you suggesting that we should go and mess countries up, and then make other people clear up the mess, just because they are bothered about the welfare of the people?

That's preposterous!
  • Options
    please tell me what you think the aim of the Iraq war war?

It was to remove the brutal dictator called Saddam Hussien.

All I am syaing is.... that France and Co are whinging and moaning so much they should help instead of letting us do the work just like at the beginning of the war.

The Iraq war-war? ( :p) Get Saddam out and get some money in. Success. :thumb:

They shouldn't help. If you will excuse the poor analogy, the war was like a party. "France and Co" didn't want the party together, The UK and US went ahead anyway andmade the house look like a tip, and now expect France and Co to help them clean the house up again. Which is stupid.
  • Options
    Maybe 'cos they knew the awful mess it would create?
  • Options
    France and co werent interested in removing Saddam because hes not a threat hasnt been for ages, simple.........oil for food what has that got to do with it?......
  • Options
    Why should French and Germen troops risk their lives to clear up the mess which the US and the UK created?

The war is illegal it broke international law and the arguement that Saddam was breaking UN resolutions is a desperate attempt by Blair and Bush to try and find a reason which makes the war legal.

Saddam did not have WMDs and that was the reason that was given to Britain to go to war.
  • Options
    No Luke, it is the Allied troops who created this unholy mess in the first fucking place.

It was because of the illegal war on Iraq that things are now much much worse for ordinary Iraqis that it was.

That thier country is on the brink of civil war and desintegration.

That terrorism, until April last year pretty much non-existent, is now everywhere.

That world has been divided.

That old allies are now adversaries.

That relations between the Arab world and the West are at their lowest point in recent history.

That the world is an infinitely worse place since that bunch of lying murdering scumbags violated international law for the sake of oil revenues.

And may I remind you that the immense majority of the mass killings Saddam did happened when he was a friend of America and Britain? I didn't hear the right wingers complain about human right abuses then...

Get a fucking grip for once!
  • Options
    rubbish!

Explain why you think it's rubbish.
    Oil for food programme that is why!

What's that got to do with it?
  • Options

All I am syaing is.... that France and Co are whinging and moaning so much they should help instead of letting us do the work just like at the beginning of the war.
    France and co. let you do the work? As I recall, they were quite emphatic about you not going to any trouble, as the weapons inspectors were still carrying out their work...
  • Options
    France and Co wasn't interesting in getting rid of saddam Hussien as they were in a progress of a deal with him.... oil for food programme.

Sound bout right.
    How about you demonstrate that 'oil for food programme' is more than just a convenient slogan to throw at people by actually telling us what that phrase means to you? I'm sorry if that entails having to think about it for a moment...
  • Options

can i just ask you why you support the war on Iraq, every other thread you make is about focusing on domestic issues like immigration, tax, education then you say stuff like "it was to remove the brutal dictator called saddam hussein", tell the truth, you didn't give one shit about the plight of Iraqi's before the war, you don't care about the plight of the Iraqi's now and you never will, you're just supporting it cos all your right wing heroes do, you haven't got a clue.
  • Options
    I don't think luke actually has any opinions of his own. I suspect he is merely parroting shit he hears off other people.
  • Options
    The allied troops didn't wage a war on Civilisation. The terrorists are currently doing this.

You *could* argue it's the other way around, but that's a debate for another time and place. All I ask is that you recognise that there are almost always two sides to every story, and the story in Iraq is no exception.
  • Options
    Luke, if you wanted to actually understand the real geo-strategic agenda under which our invasion of both Iraq and Afghanistan happen to fall, then you would bite the bullet and read the lengthy report of the Project for the New American Century entitled "Rebuilding America's Defenses". You would also be well served to read the book The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and its Geostrategic Imperatives by Zbigniew Brzezinski (who served as National Security Advisor to Carter and has been heavily involved with the Trilateral Commission since he acted as its first director in 1973).

If you had even a remote clue how completely sold on bogus and easily spun PR about "terrorists" (none of whom are actually ever proved to be terrorists and the vast bulk so named whom are held indefinitely without charge or due process of law) you truly are, you would hang your head in shame.

Suffice to say that the mainstream bullshit about Iraq being overrun by "outside terrorists" is nothing more than a smokescreen to denigrate and demean the patriotism of the vast majority of Iraqis who it is well documented as fact DO NOT WANT US IN THEIR COUNTRY.

They are not idiots, nor are they some mass of uneducated simpletons. Iraqis are perfectly capable of arranging their own self determined futures, even should civil war ultimately be required (and where hasnt civil war been a facet of national development even in our industrialised West?). What they rightfully have risen up against is our foreign domination and occupation and installation of corporate serving powermongers who have themselves lusted to reclaim power since they fled the country in the 1950's!!

Allwai himself is fully known (along with his cousing Ahmed Chalabi) as being longtime CIA informants and pawns and the fact remains that we are there to ensure that control over the future production and distribution of Iraq's oil and oil wealth serves OUR oil conglomerates, not those of the formerly nationalised Iraq state industry nor the people of Iraq.

Of course the truth of the matter requires you have some capacity to understand the complicated struggle going on in the foreign policy arena and the crisis of "Peak Oil" which our world is facing.

Until you are prepared to wrestle with more than the convenient simplistic soundbites sold to you by mainstream corporate media, you wont have any real understanding of what the War on Terror truly is and how freely and inappropriately even the term "terrorist" is being used to villify any who dare to rise up against the rebirth of imperialism and conquest (and those corrupt leaders who have chosen to serve that agenda, such as Karimov or Musharraf).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Luke, if you wanted to actually understand the real geo-strategic agenda under which our invasion of both Iraq and Afghanistan happen to fall, then you would bite the bullet and read the lengthy report of the Project for the New American Century entitled "Rebuilding America's Defenses". You would also be well served to read the book The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and its Geostrategic Imperatives by Zbigniew Brzezinski (who served as National Security Advisor to Carter and has been heavily involved with the Trilateral Commission since he acted as its first director in 1973).

If you had even a remote clue how completely sold on bogus and easily spun PR about "terrorists" (none of whom are actually ever proved to be terrorists and the vast bulk so named whom are held indefinitely without charge or due process of law) you truly are, you would hang your head in shame.

Suffice to say that the mainstream bullshit about Iraq being overrun by "outside terrorists" is nothing more than a smokescreen to denigrate and demean the patriotism of the vast majority of Iraqis who it is well documented as fact DO NOT WANT US IN THEIR COUNTRY.

They are not idiots, nor are they some mass of uneducated simpletons. Iraqis are perfectly capable of arranging their own self determined futures, even should civil war ultimately be required (and where hasnt civil war been a facet of national development even in our industrialised West?). What they rightfully have risen up against is our foreign domination and occupation and installation of corporate serving powermongers who have themselves lusted to reclaim power since they fled the country in the 1950's!!

Allwai himself is fully known (along with his cousing Ahmed Chalabi) as being longtime CIA informants and pawns and the fact remains that we are there to ensure that control over the future production and distribution of Iraq's oil and oil wealth serves OUR oil conglomerates, not those of the formerly nationalised Iraq state industry nor the people of Iraq.

Of course the truth of the matter requires you have some capacity to understand the complicated struggle going on in the foreign policy arena and the crisis of "Peak Oil" which our world is facing.

Until you are prepared to wrestle with more than the convenient simplistic soundbites sold to you by mainstream corporate media, you wont have any real understanding of what the War on Terror truly is and how freely and inappropriately even the term "terrorist" is being used to villify any who dare to rise up against the rebirth of imperialism and conquest (and those corrupt leaders who have chosen to serve that agenda, such as Karimov or Musharraf).

whats the odds luke says something utterly stupid and off the point in reply to this intelligent post above, he probably wouldn't even understand what it means, take his own interpretation and say something about jihad or something stupid like that.
  • Options
    Yes i have no doubt you are correct. Nevertheless, perhaps some seed of what I have repeatedly tried to awaken him to realise will sink in and in years to come, with maturity, further education and the hopefully the effort to read the reference works i have recommended, he will finally see the truth of what has been said here and now.

Frankly, when the reality of our Peak Oil crisis sinks in, far greater percentages of our current self deluded populations will realise just how systematically and extensively they have been lied to and misinformed of the real agenda being played out as we speak.
  • Options
    yes of course you can but I have said a billion times.

I support this war because it got rid of a brutal dictator.

There you go again, talking absolute rubbish!

:crazyeyes

the inference of this statement is that you DO care about the plight of the Iraqi's and are a compassionate young fella, hmm, that would explain all the threads you have made about AIDS, the various other dictotors in the world who massacre their civillians and all the other threads about poverty and hunger in the third world :rolleyes:
  • Options

Most of what you produce, the links and things are dead biased anyway.

and yours aren't
  • Options
    intelligence has nothing to do with it....

see now you're thinking like george bush and tony blair, don't need intelligence to prove a point.
  • Options
    Wage a war on them if I could.

I am only 16 mate and lower class.

whats that got to do with anything, i'm 17 from lower class, still doesn't mean i don't care, you've made numerous posts about saddam the brutal dictator but none on any other dictators or wrongs in this world, do they not count, and if they do, why haven't you made any threads about them, lkets face it, you don't care about the plight of the Iraqi's, never had never will.
  • Options
    common sense is the best way in some cases.

seriously, spending a trillion dollars removing a man who posed no threat to the western world, putting a country in turmoil, numerous other wrong things they've done, and for what, removing a dictotor, hardly a substitute. where's the common sense in that.
  • Options
    Luke, unless you make the time to understand you will remain clueless to the truth behind the slogans and labels you so willingly regurgitate.

Considering that the two references i provided to you are the direct and concrete documented agendas of those (and by those) currently in power in Washington, bias isn't even a relevant argument for your refusal to educate yourself further.

You want simple answers and unfortunately (since foreign policy is crafted to serve complex corporate and elite interests) that is simply not possible. These agendas are not written to cater to 1 minute televised blurbs just before the 5 minutes given to sports and weather. They are documents which require you to learn about the bigger context of finite resources and the opportunity afforded to the US thanks to the inbalance of military might since the end of the Cold War.

As I said before, until you prepared to do more than make snide one line quips and dismissive excuses for your unwillingness to read and learn, your posts will continue to be little more than pointless childish tirades.
  • Options
    mate who has said I don't care? You again?

you don't know me at all so stop telling lies!

well you obviously don't care about them, or anyone who is suffering in the world at the moment, i know that some day you'll mature properly and look at things from a neutral stance, i'm not a leftie in the strictest stance, i'm quite conservative in many aspects of life but i looked at this war from a neutral stance and i used my intelligence to gather what was needed to make a firm conclusion, and that is that the war is a sham,everyone who has any bit of common sense will realise that and i think it's time you stopped splurting out one-liners made up by the neo-cons and think for yourself, for once, please think for yourself.
  • Options
    removing a dictator sounds the most impressive.

sorry mate, that would of course explain the numerous other threads you've made about the need to remove other evil dictators in this world.
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mate will you stop talking rubbish.... what is your aim???

what do you mean i don't care?

You don't live my self, you don't know me so stop it!

i don't know you personally but i know the type of person you are, gullable, will listen to anything that gets shoved in front of your face on TV etc etc, pretend you care because it suits your political ideology, there's no point in arguing with you anyway, you never listen, or read the posts properly anyway. we're not trying to change you, just guide you to the truth. you're obviously not listening.
  • Options

i am entiltled to my own opinion - some of you guys don't understand that.

but is it YOUR opinion or just some neo-con opinion that you've swallowed up, i genuinely believe that you don't have a fucking notion of anything that happens in the world today, the history of US foriegn policy etc etc, there's fucking shit loads of shit you need to read (not news reports or news websites) to understand even 10% of the shit that is happening today and all you do is say silly thing like "we've removed a dictator, the world is safe", it really is annoying when people with intelligence have a debate then someone comes in with silly one liners like this, please luke, read up on all this stuff and come back when you understand the situation better, it really IS deeper than just removing a tyrant.
  • Options
    do you think i have the time to read loads of apper backs? college and work is hard enough!
    I understand a lot of it anyway.

mate... this is how much you know about me.... you think I get my opinions from the sun. this says it all!

where did i say you get your opinions from the sun, you said yourself from the BBC website and i told you not to, i'm doing A-levels and i always find time to read, maybe instead of sitting on the internet talking shit you could get off your arse and read these books, clandestine has already given you a hint where to start and you basically tell him to fuck off, and trust me luke you DON'T understand alot of it anyway, it's laughable to say you understand it, i don't even know half of it and i consider myself to be more intelligent than you when it comes to politics.